next problem with the simio boards

dion73

Re: next problem with the simio boards

Post by dion73 »

Hi,

yes, if you enable the Simio driver under the driver tab in the configuration menu. then you can choose the simiocard in the dropdownmenu's in the in and output assignments in the other tabs of the configuration menu. I think that simple in and outputs are no problem but that encoders are not supported yet by the Prosim driver. To set up the SimIO cards properly I would really advise to read the manuals Hispapanels supply on their website even though you do not need to program the cards yourself. Just to understand how the card are put together and when you have to set what jumper is not only important but also nice to know the possibilities for implementation in your cockpit... So RTFM! to use a very common expression in these cases ;)
have fun,
dion
Thomas Eitel

Post by Thomas Eitel »

hi peter,

native support means that you don't have to write code.
the native support for simioboards works exactly like the native support for pokeys (and all the other supported cards)
you select a switch in prosim and from the dropdown menu you select the input of your simio card you have connected this switch to.same for outputs.realy easy!

regards
mk882004

Post by mk882004 »

So SimIO is natively supported for switches... What about 7 segment displays? Do I need to write code to get those working? I know this thread is quite old, hoping to find some help!

Matt
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

mk882004 wrote: 13 Oct 2017, 13:06 So SimIO is natively supported for switches... What about 7 segment displays? Do I need to write code to get those working? I know this thread is quite old, hoping to find some help!

Matt
Hi Matt, SIMio Boards Switches,Displays,and Led's are all supported by prosim no codeing required.
Regards Graham
miked
Location: Buderim, Queensland, Australia....... Home Airport:- Sunshine Coast YBSU

Post by miked »

Hi
I am in the process of moving to native operation of my SimIO cards for Hispapanel Clocks. I assume the boards have to be plugged into the same computer as prosim (ie no network operation), Is this so?
If it is :twisted: then given the issues with reverse order and blanked digits I can't see the use for it. I will keep the clocks and write some simple Arduino code and use my "Raspberry Pi-USB Server" which I use for the Fire and Cargo Fire panels. :)
Regards
Michael

paulnd

Post by paulnd »

miked wrote:use my "Raspberry Pi-USB Server"
Hi, I’ll be grateful for more details please, are you using VirtualHere?

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
miked
Location: Buderim, Queensland, Australia....... Home Airport:- Sunshine Coast YBSU

Post by miked »

Hi Paul
My set up is as follows:
A raspberry 2 b is running raspbian (only by default!)with say an ip of 192.168.0.70 then I run a service called ser2net on this device. I can then plug 4 USB connected Arduinos (nano) running my own code. These act as IOCP servers (each with a different port # say 8110 - 8113). this IOCP address and ports are added to the IOCP drivers on the ProSim tab. The appropriate variables are assigned in the config tab (eg 2576 etc). The arduino looks for incoming data and acts upon it, reads switch states and sends them to prosim. This works very well. :D. So I'm writing code for 7 segment for the Chronometers.
Regards
Michael

Return to “Hispapanels / SimIO boards”