MSFS Model and automatic doors

David Luis

MSFS Model and automatic doors

Post by David Luis »

Hi lapi,

I know that this is not a priority feature, not even close, but it's cool to see the ground services interacting with the airplane.
I've noticed that when requesting ground services with default and third-party aircrafts, the doors open and close automatically according to the requested service. So my wish is, can you implement this also in the Prosim MSFS model?

Thanks
Lapi

Re: MSFS Model and automatic doors

Post by Lapi »

David Luis wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 15:22 I know that this is not a priority feature, not even close, but it's cool to see the ground services interacting with the airplane.
I've noticed that when requesting ground services with default and third-party aircrafts, the doors open and close automatically according to the requested service. So my wish is, can you implement this also in the Prosim MSFS model?
Sorry, but it is hardly probable to happen.
ProSim uses Lvars to open the doors, so MSFS is obviously not "aware" of those variables.
If it was the other way around and the doors would be in the "hands" of MSFS, one wouldn't be able to open them as needed.
Why don't you do it manually - when required - via the MCDU?

regards
Lapi
David Luis

Post by David Luis »

Hi lapi,

Thanks for the answer.
I know that doors Lvars, 0 to 199...

Yes, you are totally right, it's not a good idea to have the "hands" of MSFS in the airplane :lol:
Didn't think about that.

Well, it was just a wish, not going to be more than that, it doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
David
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

David Luis wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 23:43 Yes, you are totally right, it's not a good idea to have the "hands" of MSFS in the airplane :lol:
Didn't think about that.
Well, it was just a wish, not going to be more than that, it doesn't make sense.
I made some small changes, so at least some add-ons can use the doors (like Pushback Express).

regards
Lapi
David Luis

Post by David Luis »

Lapi wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 01:40
I made some small changes, so at least some add-ons can use the doors (like Pushback Express).

regards
Lapi
Really? Thanks a lot lapi, because Pushback Express sounds very good. Basically and since I'm only enthusiastic, I just think that is cool to feel the ground vehicles handling everything.

Are they now also attached to events or sim var?

By the way, I don't know about others, but I prefer the flight dynamics of the aircraft in MSFS than P3D, so thanks a lot for your effort to bring the model accurate to MSFS.

Return to “ProSimA320 - Needs & Wishes”