ProSim Audio not working for F/O

manfredberry

ProSim Audio not working for F/O

Post by manfredberry »

Hi
I have Prosim Audio working for the CP and am able to communicate with vpilot to vatsim.
But when trying to configure the same for the FO in my setup, the intercom and when pressing "intercom test" works. But using the INT/RAD switch on the F/O side does not do anything.

Btw, I see that the button work in the debugger output:
--------------
ASP FO INT/RAD Switch -> "RAD", Reason: Skalarki
ASP FO INT/RAD Switch -> "Off", Reason: Skalarki
--------------

anyone has the FO audio communication working?

As it works with the exact same setup for the CP side, I suspect that this is a software issue in ProSim.
LSGNixo

Re: ProSim Audio not working for F/O

Post by LSGNixo »

Hi Manfred,

as far as I know, ProSim doesn't offer a functioning VHF simulation for the A320 yet, although they do for their 737. My support ticket to implement this has the status "Queued for development", so I'd expect a proper implementation soon.

However, do you mean that you have succesfully set up your CAPT RMP to transmit to VATSIM when using the RMP (pedestal) INT/RAD switch? If so, please let me know how you did that. :D
In my setup, I can only use the PTT button on my sidesticks to activate one of the microphones selected in vPilot via JoyToKey... Would be great if I could use the INT/RAD switch :).

Best regards,
Nico
manfredberry

Post by manfredberry »

Hi LSGNixo,

Thanks for the replay. Would you have a link to the ticket?

When it comes to the switches, I had to write a little program which listens to the RAD/INT key using the generic driver, which then emulates a keypress.
This is part of some SimController software I have been working on.
Which I btw would need some beta tester for if you are interested :-)
https://imgur.com/a/1Oa9XEH
It currently supports:
- GSX Control
- Dispatch overview based on simbrief.
- Landing Calculator
- Acars support.
- Simple checklist
- VPilot integration, including getting metar, ATIS & messaging.
Dan320

Post by Dan320 »

Hi All

I have also been struggling with the intercom setup and Hanne also confirmed that the intercom is being reworked as we speak.
I hope there is something coming in the near future.

@manfredberry Honestly, I was waiting for something like that! I saw what is being developed on the 737 side of things in terms of a Web app EFB a few weeks back. And when you look at what is possible regarding inSim EFBs, this is an open market, i guess. Especially the ground and performance stuff. I would be happy to test as well. I am currently mostly flying on MSFS though. Anything planned for that?

Best regards, Daniel
manfredberry

Post by manfredberry »

Dan320 wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 10:56 Hi All

I have also been struggling with the intercom setup and Hanne also confirmed that the intercom is being reworked as we speak.
I hope there is something coming in the near future.

@manfredberry Honestly, I was waiting for something like that! I saw what is being developed on the 737 side of things in terms of a Web app EFB a few weeks back. And when you look at what is possible regarding inSim EFBs, this is an open market, i guess. Especially the ground and performance stuff. I would be happy to test as well. I am currently mostly flying on MSFS though. Anything planned for that?

Best regards, Daniel
Hi Dan

Sorry for the late replay.
I'm currently not working on a MSFS part of it as I cannot use it myself yet because it does not support multi monitor right now.
But the P3d specific part of the software is very little right now. But from what I heard is the Simconnect in MSFS quite behind. So I don't know how that would work.
I'm happy to send you a beta and you can give me feedback on what works and what does not. I expect the ACARS, VPilot, Perf & Displatch part shoul work as expected, if the app starts at all with the MSFS simconnect dll.
Write me a private message here an I can send you more info.

Return to “ProSimA320 - Technical support - software related”