rotate the Display

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
Emi Wiedenmann

Re: rotate the Display

Post by Emi Wiedenmann »

I also have the Simworld MIP with usb display option. Its not possible to rotate the chrono displays using the USB display link hardware for me otherwise they go grey (no signal). You have to connect the displays (VGA) directly to a graphics card.
Simworld MIP PnP | CPFlight MCP2 EFIS2 + Pedestal | Simujabs Shell Dual Linked Yokes and Rudder Pedals v.2 Pro|FDS CDU | OEM Liners | Curved Screen FOV 180°| Vpilot| Prepar3d v.5.1HF1| ProSim v.3b| ASN | ORBX | 4.5TB photo sceneries | WORLDFLIGHT 2021
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Emi Wiedenmann wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 02:04 I also have the Simworld MIP with usb display option. Its not possible to rotate the chrono displays using the USB display link hardware for me otherwise they go grey (no signal). You have to connect the displays (VGA) directly to a graphics card.
Can you ask Simworld how they do it? They use ProSim in their own simulator at GU.
Humberto Miguel
Emi Wiedenmann

Post by Emi Wiedenmann »

They do it without the usb display link adapters.
Simworld MIP PnP | CPFlight MCP2 EFIS2 + Pedestal | Simujabs Shell Dual Linked Yokes and Rudder Pedals v.2 Pro|FDS CDU | OEM Liners | Curved Screen FOV 180°| Vpilot| Prepar3d v.5.1HF1| ProSim v.3b| ASN | ORBX | 4.5TB photo sceneries | WORLDFLIGHT 2021
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

@Emi:

How do they do that? I got this email from them today, saying someting else:

Filip and Adam are both on Holidays this week but I will try to help you. did you try to go to Screen settings->Advanced Settings->Display adapter setting(for particular display number)->List all Modes. There you can select all resolutions/ refresh rates available for particular display adapter. It is worth to play a bit with different order of selecting display orientation and resolution. Usually the best option is to arrange all other displays and on the end play with different combinations resolution<-> orientation of the chrono screen, as changing the resolution on other screens may affect resolution of chrono screen.
Regards, Koosch.

Emi Wiedenmann

Post by Emi Wiedenmann »

The Chrono rotation worked for me by connecting both displays directly via VGA to my Graphics Card.

I simply changed the resolution and rotated the displays - windows 10 - Screen settings - advanced settings - display settings... modes

Using USB display adapters LINK

the "usual" windows method does not work
multi res method does not work
irotate or any other rotation programs do not work

Displays go grey.
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? It must definitely be a Windows thing, because I never had it before. The funny thing is that the CPT side Chrono can be rotated, but not hte FO side.
Regards, Koosch.

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont »

pelsrijcken wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 12:46 Has anyone found a solution for this problem? It must definitely be a Windows thing, because I never had it before. The funny thing is that the CPT side Chrono can be rotated, but not hte FO side.
Hi Koosch,

I haven't managed to find a software solution and nor have the people at DisplayLink. I raised a ticket and they could not replicate the problem.

What I did was to modify the design of my chronos so that the screen is in landscape mode and connected directly to a graphics card. This has also given me a better display as landscape is the LCD's normal orientation for viewing.

Regards
Ron B

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hi Ron,

How did you modify the design of the chrono into landscape?
Regards, Koosch.

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

To answer my own question: probably via the display settings. This is what's not working when the MIP-monitors are daisy-chained as in the Simworld one. So, I guess I have to open up the MIP and try to rotate the screen itself :cry: :cry:
Regards, Koosch.

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont »

pelsrijcken wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 20:15 To answer my own question: probably via the display settings. This is what's not working when the MIP-monitors are daisy-chained as in the Simworld one. So, I guess I have to open up the MIP and try to rotate the screen itself :cry: :cry:
Hi Koosch,
No I didn't use display settings, I physically rotated the LCD to the landscape position. Meant I had to rework my design but it wasn't too difficult.
In actual fact I probably made a better job this time than previously.
Next step is to design and manufacture a PCB to take all the tactile switches as, at the moment, they are mounted on a piece of stripboard. Not pretty, but it works.
Ron B

Return to “ProSimA320 - How-tos”