Prosim A320 - How to update IOS AIRAC

RichCooke

Prosim A320 - How to update IOS AIRAC

Post by RichCooke »

Hi! I am new to this having recently bought the Prosim A320 Suite and subscribed to Navigraph yesterday. I have successfully updated my Prosim A320 System AIRAC but the IOS (Instructor Operating Station) still shows the old Airac (I think its 1901). Could anyone help me as to how I update the Airac in the Prosim IOS.

I have posted this in the Navigraph Forum too in case its more appropriate there.

Thanks Rich Cooke
Pim

Re: Prosim A320 - How to update IOS AIRAC

Post by Pim »

Hallo Rich,

Welcome to the forum. ProSimIOS will update automatically when it is connected to ProSimA320. So first download the latest AIRAC, start ProSimA320 and then ProSimIOS.

Best regards,

--pim
RichCooke

Post by RichCooke »

Hi Pim Thanks for the welcome and the reply. That doesn't seem to work for me.

Prosim system page reads:
Navigraph Database Loaded.
Active AIRAC Cycle 2104.

But my IOS Settings page reads:
Database version: 3-Navigraph AIRAC cycle 1901 Schema 005
Database built 22/03/2021 16:52:34 (That's when I first installed Prosim.)

I launched Prosim system first and then launched Prosim IOS.

Any further help appreciated.

Thanks Rich Cooke
Pim

Post by Pim »

Hal Rich,

You may want to delete the whole IOS folder and unzip it again from the latest release.zip file which is in your Update folder of ProSimA320. I have seen that occasionally as well.

Best regards,

--pim
RichCooke

Post by RichCooke »

Hi Pim - Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and IOS is now definitely 1.46 but it didn't change anything and I seem to be stuck with AIRAC 1901 in Prosim IOS.
RichCooke

Post by RichCooke »

I've raised a support ticket about this.
Pim

Post by Pim »

Hi Rich,

One final suggestion, did you download the right Navigraph package: (ProSimA320 1.28b4 (and above)).

Best regards,

--pim
RichCooke

Post by RichCooke »

Thanks Pim but that is the one I downloaded
Helipad

Post by Helipad »

Hi Rich,

If you are using desktop IOS then try this as it works for me.
you need to update prosim database manually after new airac installation.
Let me know the results

Regards
Pedro
RichCooke

Post by RichCooke »

Hi Pedro Thanks for the suggestion. So I downloaded prosim_a320_2104.zip from Navigraph FMS Data. Unzipped it and ran it as administrator. After the copyright screen I get the screen that says Please select your Flight Simulator version with highlighted text no flight simulator version required. So I click next and it says install to C:\ProgramData\Prosim-AR\Navdata\ and I click OK and it installs. I checked I don't have the nested Navdata/Navdata folders and it is in C:\ProgramData\Prosim-AR\Navdata as nd.db3. I checked the cycle info notepad document in the folder and it says Cycle 2104 valid 22 April 2021 to 20 May 2021. My Prosim system correctly has AIRAC 2104 but my Prosim IOS still has 1901 schema 5. I can only think IOS is getting its navdata from somewhere other than C:\ProgramData\Prosim-AR\Navdata\nd.db3 but I can't find where. Sorry to go into such detail but I am aware I might be doing something wrong here so thought it worth setting out in detail.

Support replied to my ticket saying "we were able to reproduce your issue, please go to your Prosim > System > Database > Rebuild Database, this will restart your IOS and fix your issue." In Prosim System I select the tab Config then Database but I can’t see any Rebuild Database option. There is a build database option but it is greyed out with the input box above it empty. If I go into Prosim Instructor Operating Station on the Settings page I see the database with option to download. If I click download it just downloads and re-installs the 1905 Schema 05 database again. I went back on my ticket and am waiting a reply.

Thanks again for your suggestion

Rich

Return to “ProSimA320 - General discussion”