BEFORE you run the MSFS2020 preview version

Pim

Re: BEFORE you run the MSFS2020 preview version

Post by Pim »

Hallo Bernie,

Thanks. It looks that when you create a new profile it starts without any axes and buttons assigned. That's good!

Best regards,

--pim
Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Bernie wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:50 Hi Oliver,

I should post a video of my 737 using MSFS2020 and Prosim 2.26. I would start another thread. :D Tomorrow.
Oh ! That's would be great ! Thanks Bernie !
Olivier
To serve Science, and this is my joy !
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

OmniAtlas wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:17 A good start and preview for things to come!

Obviously there will be bugs but these should be ironed out.

https://youtu.be/icfJmvdRqVE
Whoo!

Cool video!

How do the autopilot perform?
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Sudden81 wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 13:21
OmniAtlas wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 11:17 A good start and preview for things to come!

Obviously there will be bugs but these should be ironed out.

https://youtu.be/icfJmvdRqVE
Whoo!

Cool video!

How do the autopilot perform?
Autopilot is from ProSim, so you should expect similar behavior as in P3D...
Humberto Miguel
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

Thanks to your help, ProSim is working very good in FS2020 as far as I can tell after a first little test. I just noticed the following issues:
- I'm not a real pilot to tell, but physics seem a bit odd. After take off the aircraft was extremely struggling to gain some speed. I don't know if that's wrong or me just feeiling it is wrong
- During the engine start, the second engine started quite slowly and I also got an engine fail warning for a few seconds
- in the IOS the shown CG is totally off. It showed something between 4.5 and 5.5 even though weights are evenly distributed.

Unfortunately there are some other serious issues that are more regarding MSFS. If it doesn't fit here, I can also open a new thread.
As far as I know, multi monitor setup isn't supported yet, so the only solution is to fly in window mode. But if I drag the window across all three monitors the picture gets distorted and performance is terrible. If I start taxiing or even take off it feels like I'm on supersonic speed. Did anybody found a solution for that?
Best Regards
Roman
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

RomanR wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 14:14 Thanks to your help, ProSim is working very good in FS2020 as far as I can tell after a first little test. I just noticed the following issues:
- I'm not a real pilot to tell, but physics seem a bit odd. After take off the aircraft was extremely struggling to gain some speed. I don't know if that's wrong or me just feeiling it is wrong
- During the engine start, the second engine started quite slowly and I also got an engine fail warning for a few seconds
- in the IOS the shown CG is totally off. It showed something between 4.5 and 5.5 even though weights are evenly distributed.

Unfortunately there are some other serious issues that are more regarding MSFS. If it doesn't fit here, I can also open a new thread.
As far as I know, multi monitor setup isn't supported yet, so the only solution is to fly in window mode. But if I drag the window across all three monitors the picture gets distorted and performance is terrible. If I start taxiing or even take off it feels like I'm on supersonic speed. Did anybody found a solution for that?
No supersonic speed and display problems here. But I can answer the rest.

- "Gaining speed" is a bit too general, you have to mention all relevant data of the given situation for me to check it.
- The engine start problem is known, it is an MSFS limitation, because it uses the same length as start sequence for ANY plane. We can't influence it further.
- In MSFS the CG will probably be always wrong, as it expects certain size values that it doesn't get for aerodynamic reasons. I haven't checked the IOS, but we will look at it.

regards
Lapi
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

The "supersonic speed" might also be because of the different view I think. It seems that everything is pretty flat. During the approach I always have the feeling I'm just a few hundred feet above the ground miles before the threshold. First I thought it's because of the multi monitor setup, but also with the window on just one monitor it looks totally different to P3D. That might also explain why I didn't gain speed during my little test session, because I naturally pulled up way more than I should.
Thanks for looking into the CG thing. At the moment I can just guess the trim :D

In another thread I mentioned the pilots sitting about 20 metres in front of the cockpit when I run MSFS with FSUIPC. I found out it has nothing to do with FSUIPC and happens only occasionally. Reloading the flight helps most of the time. It would be great anyways if you're able to reproduce this bug to have a look into it.

Thanks for the effort and for presenting us a pretty good preview version for the first release!
Best Regards
Roman
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

RomanR wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 19:11 In another thread I mentioned the pilots sitting about 20 metres in front of the cockpit when I run MSFS with FSUIPC. I found out it has nothing to do with FSUIPC and happens only occasionally. Reloading the flight helps most of the time. It would be great anyways if you're able to reproduce this bug to have a look into it.
It has nothing to do with FSUIPC.
Are you familiar with the MSFS2020 view command? Because those are very different from anything else.
Aren't you accidentally in drone-mode?

regards
Lapi
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

I wish I could say I'm familiar :D The good old P3D was way easier and more intuitive. But I guess I understand how the view commands work and its always the same view when I start a flight. For me it seems to be pretty random.
Best Regards
Roman
OmniAtlas

Post by OmniAtlas »

One serious bug I did run into is the ND freeze on 'Terr on ND' annunciation.

I have rebuilt the databases with the same effect.

Kind regards,

Ben
Soarbywire.com - Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering

Return to “ProSimA320 - General discussion”