Prosim A320 Expections

filippoporcari

Re: Prosim A320 Expections

Post by filippoporcari »

something i forgot to ask before:
does 320 require an internet connection/s on the main pc or clients?
regards
fil

" ...listen to all your pilot friends...but trust ONLY your FCOM! "
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

filippoporcari wrote:something i forgot to ask before:
does 320 require an internet connection/s on the main pc or clients?
regards
fil
The server will require at least once every 30 days to re-validate the license.
Humberto Miguel
filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari »

thx a lot for the clarification
fil

filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari »

is there any official statement from the team about pricing? price has been fixed? will there be any "offer" ?
only elements i found are rumors from a review but i always prefer official statements :)
thx a lot and sorry for me asking again
all the best
fil

OmniAtlas

Post by OmniAtlas »

filippoporcari wrote:is there any official statement from the team about pricing? price has been fixed? will there be any "offer" ?
only elements i found are rumors from a review but i always prefer official statements :)
thx a lot and sorry for me asking again
all the best
fil
The price has also been declared on the facebook page Fil.
filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari »

thx ben but me and others (i suppose) don't have/use facebook :) so we hope an official statement here on the forum or the shop page :)
regards
fil

Hanne
Beheerder

Post by Hanne »

What other question can I wish for as a sales man ;) PC Pilot got the scoop, I can confirm the pricing for non-commercial use will be Euro 1.500,= ex VAT for the complete suite which will be offered as a package deal only.

Best, Hanne
sydalwedaie

Post by sydalwedaie »

Marty wrote:About the price tag, I can only comment that price is based on cost of development versus expected sales. Sales volumes of an embedded FSX/prepar3d aircraft is easily 100 times higher than sales volume of a cockpit suite that is only usable in cockpit environment, so multiply your favorite addon price by 100 and you get the target price of other vendors. The current consumer price tag is set wel below our actual cost, which is compensated for sales to commercial clients.

Regarding system simulation, we are making every effort to get past anything that has been delivered on PC's. Given the time frame ProSimA320 was developed in, please don't expect every Level-D feature in the initial release. Like the 737 however, we will continue adding these features in the next years to come.

I can tell you a little bit about ECAM. This is one of the key points of an A320. ECAM in ProSimA320 is done by an emulator of the FWC. We built this emulator to be able to run the actual logic sheets, which are fed in through an ECAM programming language we developed. This makes sure that we are not actually interpreting the sheets ourselves, but instead feeding the logic in as-is, including every tiny detail that the logic sheet calls for. If the sheet requires a 0.9 seconds confidence test of a signal, it is on our implementation. We feed the emulator with the exact ECAM logic sheets according to H2F9C standard (it was originally built with outdated H2E4 standard, but upgrading is in progress). You can view the live memory of the FWC discretes through the instructor station when the FWC's are in operation. Data required by the FWC's (which come in through the SDAC data busses or other discrete inputs) is taken from the simulated systems and converted. The FWC in ProSimA320 is also in command of providing specific cockpit sounds like the c-chord, altitude callouts and other spoken items. This makes sure that these sounds follow proper ECAM logic.

We don't make any compromise to what ECAM does. We fill in the actual logic as it should be and let it run. We've had lengthy debugging sessions with our systems, because ECAM was coming up with warnings. One of the notable ones was the CPC (cabin pressure controller) sometimes letting the cabin differential pressure get below 0.1 PSI, causing ECAM to come up with a warning. The warning is an indication to us that the system is misbehaving so we tune the system to be better until the ECAM warning is no longer triggered.

Quite a lot has changed in the ECAM specifications since H2E4, and as far as I know, we are the only desktop product implementing H2F9C. You will see quite a view differences when doing things like smoke procedures, engine out, emergency descents, etc. There are even upgrades to when the landing memo is shown.

We have started filling ECAM with the most important items, and at the time of this writing we are at 965 logic sheets running in the emulator. We will continue filling in more sheets.
Thanks for the detailed response Marty. I believe you guys could do wonders in a real sim check with an airline! You must've truly understood the logic and essence of an Airbus to be able to go this far.

My understanding is that, your custom ECAM emulator kinda acts like a debugger for the system simulator. Man that's genius!

As per the price, I stated earlier that it increased my faith in the quality of the product, making it far apart from just a toy add-on. The PC pilot's review stated that a year of free updates is included in the license. Any idea what it'll cost to have continued updates?

Regards.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

That's not yet decided cq. calculated.
Regards,
Dirk

ironcondor

Post by ironcondor »

In the intro video is it possible to get a list of all of the hardware used?

Return to “ProSimA320 - General discussion”