A320 weights and performance?

Lapi

Re: A320 weights and performance?

Post by Lapi »

RomanR wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 19:50 I'm not very sure, but it seems to me that it returned with the new flight model. Is it maybe so different to the existing TOPCAT profiles that the calculations are not accurate enough anymore to be used in the Prosim A320? If so is there already any updated profile available for TOPCAT or some other takeoff performance calculation tool that gives better results?
You can't use the old Topcat config file for the new model.
Perhaps the best suggestion is to keep away from Pfpx and Topcat, as those have been declared dead.
OmniAtlas

Post by OmniAtlas »

Most likely will have to default to the official Airbus flysmart app if TOPCAT is no longer supported.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index. ... irbus-app/
Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering - http://www.soarbywire.com
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

Lapi wrote: 29 Nov 2021, 22:34 You can't use the old Topcat config file for the new model.
Perhaps the best suggestion is to keep away from Pfpx and Topcat, as those have been declared dead.
Yes, unfortunately there wasn't much happening with TOPCAT for years now. Only reason I always tried to use it was because I didn't found anything better for the A320. There some websites or excel sheets, but their calculations were even worse or just always showed the same numbers.
OmniAtlas wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 01:24 Most likely will have to default to the official Airbus flysmart app if TOPCAT is no longer supported.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index. ... irbus-app/
That would be gamechanger! I always thought there's not much you can do with the demo version, but this seems pretty good. I will try that out for my next flight!
Best Regards
Roman

A320 Homecockpit: Skalarki MIP, pedestal and OVHD, CPFlight FCU and OEM Glareshield
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

I just tried flysmart on my way from Munich to Corfu and the results are a bit disappointing. Here's some data about it:

Aircraft:
Engine Type: CFM
ZFW: 59842 kg
TOW: 67751 kg
CG: 20.7
Trim: 1.8UP
Anti Ice: Engine

Airport:
RWY: 26L (full length, wet)
Weather: EDDM 301750Z 25024KT 9999 -SNRA FEW007 BKN017 02/00 Q1009 RESN NOSIG

Flysmart results:
Config: 1+F
FLEX: 39 °C
V1/VR/V2: 152/161/162

The aircraft started to rotate way to early, maybe at 135-140 knots.
Best Regards
Roman

A320 Homecockpit: Skalarki MIP, pedestal and OVHD, CPFlight FCU and OEM Glareshield
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

RomanR wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 19:25 The aircraft started to rotate way to early, maybe at 135-140 knots.
Check your weight distribution.
20.7 CG is not a usual one for the A320, specially not at 67T.
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

Yeah the CG was pretty much forward, but that's how the weight was distributed with the simbrief download. It was still in the green area on the trim wheel, so I didn't really messed around to distribute the weights. But as it's still within limits it should work anyways as long as trim is set correctly.
Best Regards
Roman

Ifly320

Post by Ifly320 »

Hi,

Yesterday I received an answer from FlightSimSoft that TOPCAT will continue to work in the future, as there are no plans to shut down the server. There will just be no further development.

The information circulating in the forum that TOPCAT is dead and can no longer be used is absolutely not true.

This means that adapting the configuration file for the new flight model really makes sense, so that we can continue to carry out our weight and balance as well as the take-off performance calculations.

Regards
Sven
RomanR

Post by RomanR »

Yes thats true. But sill, at least at the moment there seems to be no usable tool for takeoff performance calculation. With that in mind I wonder what everybody else is doing if I'm the only one with that problem? Can't imagine that everybody here is a real pilot with their own EFBs...
Best Regards
Roman

Return to “ProSimA320 - General discussion”