MSFS2020 FPS drop to 10fps

OmniAtlas

Re: MSFS2020 FPS drop to 10fps

Post by OmniAtlas »

martena83 wrote: 23 Jan 2021, 19:40 I FSUIPC mandatory to run Prosim with the MSFS2020?
Best,
Martin
I don't think it is mandatory, but if you fly with Vatsim or IVAO you should install it because Mode C can only be written with FSUIPC.
totti01

Post by totti01 »

Hello, I've tried a lot the last few days. It is really no fun to start with more than 60 fps and only have less than 20 fps on landing (FS2020, ProsimA320 latest beta) and stutters. I looked at the "fly by wire A320 mod". I've read, that the developers of this freeware also had problems with the fps at the beginning. I flew the mod once. Stable fps, no jerks, no stuttering on the taxiways after landing, and even a working acars printer that supplies my printer in the cockpit with weather data. But of course there is no real cockpit feeling in the plane. Okay, back to the fps in this mod. There were also fps drops caused by the VC cockpit and also the sound in the past. The problems seem to have been resolved in the meantime by the developers. I couldn't find out, how they made it and what was the reason for low fps. The CTD's were often caused by the online traffic. But even with the standard aircrafts, I no longer have any drops in fps. I hope that the problem can be solved soon so that we can have fun in the cockpit again. With prosim and FS2020.
Prosim A320 license available
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

totti01 wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 22:13 Hello, I've tried a lot the last few days. It is really no fun to start with more than 60 fps and only have less than 20 fps on landing (FS2020, ProsimA320 latest beta) and stutters. I looked at the "fly by wire A320 mod". I've read, that the developers of this freeware also had problems with the fps at the beginning. I flew the mod once. Stable fps, no jerks, no stuttering on the taxiways after landing, and even a working acars printer that supplies my printer in the cockpit with weather data. But of course there is no real cockpit feeling in the plane. Okay, back to the fps in this mod. There were also fps drops caused by the VC cockpit and also the sound in the past. The problems seem to have been resolved in the meantime by the developers. I couldn't find out, how they made it and what was the reason for low fps. The CTD's were often caused by the online traffic. But even with the standard aircrafts, I no longer have any drops in fps. I hope that the problem can be solved soon so that we can have fun in the cockpit again. With prosim and FS2020.
This have helped me a little: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/ ... ashes-CTDs

I have also lowered settings to medium but with ultra on clouds, and turned of vsync. This seem to help.

But I am suspectin a corrupt file. When I started the installation I left the computer on over night in the belive that it would be finished, but in the morning when I came back it was not. The computer hade gone to sleep. When I woke the computer the downloads and installation continued. I am suspectig that that was not good, so the last resort is to reinstall everything. If it doesn't help with World Update 3 I will do that.
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

totti01 wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 22:13 I hope that the problem can be solved soon so that we can have fun in the cockpit again. With prosim and FS2020.
It seem your basic reasoning regarding FPS drop is a bit far-fetched.
As you state a direct relationship with ProSim and FS2020, the conclusion is it can only be ProSim being the culprit.
The phenomenon is most definitely real and existing, but don't yet drink your cup of poison on the possibility, that it is ProSim related. Not yet.
We are still investigating it, but it is very hard, to say the least.

I have designed three different planes and three different flight-models for FS2020 so far, so you can imagine how many times I had to start, restart the simulator, placing the A/C to endless different situations, probably more times than the number of breakfasts you ate in your lifetime...
During these developing cycles, which lasted for six months, I experienced the same problem only two to four times.
Obviously tried to investigate what could have triggered the problem, but it is easily possible that it is just an FS2020 phenomenon, as the sim is still in its infancy, thus the problem is absolutely unrelated to ProSim.
We are not yet certain, we are investigating, but since serious investigation has started, we couldn't reproduce it a single time and that is the problem of the problem.

If you state that the problem appears and is consistent to you EACH and EVERY TIME you fire up the ProSim aircraft, the logical deduction would be to search for some possible problems, settings, at your side first, because it is not yet reproducible for us.

Lapi
Hakkie

Post by Hakkie »

Lapi wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 23:04[...]If you state that the problem appears and is consistent to you EACH and EVERY TIME you fire up the ProSim aircraft, the logical deduction would be to search for some possible problems, settings, at your side first, because it is not yet reproducible for us.

Lapi
If it appears consistent then, even though it might be and most probably is setup related, it could also be a good opportunity to investigate this phenomenom on this setup?
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)
Click HERE for my flightsimulator info
Remco737

Post by Remco737 »

Hello

Maybe this not help or i talk grab,

But i start msfs only with the 787 i get 30 fps
After that i start Prosim etc.. i get 20/23 fps.

I start msfs with the 737 i get 18 fps
And with Prosim etc around the 10 fps

Greets
Remco
totti01

Post by totti01 »

Remco737 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 14:08 Hello

Greets
Remco
What happens, if you click on windows-aircraft selector-load (in dev mode)?
Which Prosim Version did you use?
Remco737

Post by Remco737 »

totti01 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 17:50
Remco737 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 14:08 Hello

Greets
Remco
What happens, if you click on windows-aircraft selector-load (in dev mode)?
Which Prosim Version did you use?

I have use the aircraft selector
I start msfs with a default plane (747) around the 28 fps.
Then i Switch the plane with the selector to Prosim 738 model 28 fps.. with Prosim version 3 running around 20 fps
I Close the flight...start a flight with the Prosim 738. Around the 18fps.. I use the selector change the livery and i have 28fps back.
I dont understanding that.

Ps a lot of stutters, But maybe thats my site (pc and cart)
totti01

Post by totti01 »

Please look at the short video. It shows the beacon light at the wrong place in the top of the aircraft. Same at the buttom. Could that be the problem we are searching for?
Attachments
20210131_100426.mp4
(3.29 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

totti01 wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 10:05 Please look at the short video. It shows the beacon light at the wrong place in the top of the aircraft. Same at the buttom. Could that be the problem we are searching for?
I very much doubt that!

Return to “ProSimA320 - General discussion”