Is the B737 Flightmodel 2.0 compatible for Control-Load-Systems?

bravolima

Is the B737 Flightmodel 2.0 compatible for Control-Load-Systems?

Post by bravolima »

Recently I have been a bit more involved with the controls especially the altitude control of the B737. I came across a video by Chris Brady (Flight Controls Pitch). I thinks these video-series is a must of all Bobby-Simmer!..... In this video the altitude control is described in detail, for instance the effect of the AP on stabilizers and elevators and also the function of the elevator tabs. The ladder are of particular interest because Brady describes their difference in function for flaps out and up. In these conditions they change their function from balance (flaps up) to anti-balance (flaps down). Possibly this would also be the reason why the 737 with flaps out reacts somewhat more sluggishly to control impulses. Another point of interest was the zero position of the column corresponding to the center of gravity. At the end of the film he shows some diagrams. This of course leads me to the question: Does the control of the B737 flightmodel stay within (given) limits of the P3D (FSX) software or can we expect a more ProSim specific control model more towards these realistic conditions? If the ProSim flightmodel has to stay within the limits of P3D or MS2020 much thoughts about CLS-Systems are waste of time....

Bernhard
P3D v4.5 FDS: MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP, EFIS; OPENCOCKPIT: Pedals; FI: Brake-pressure, jaw-damper, compass; FCS: linked Yokes (mod); Weber-Seats, PROSIM: B737, +Utils +EFC737; AIVLASOFT: EFB 2,

Return to “ProSim737 Flight Model 2.0”