Can't access the server from another pc

FaustoP

Can't access the server from another pc

Post by FaustoP »

Hi all,

Did anyone experience problems in accessing the server (I'm using default port 8085) for the web applications?
I can do it from the same computer ProsimUtils is running in, but when I try from another computer within the same network it doesn't connect.

I disabled the antivirus (Windows 10 default antivirus), gave complete access to ProsimUtils in the firewall rules (both incoming and outgoing traffic) and did also the same in the main router (even if it wouldn't be needed for computers staying in the same LAN). No results.

Any idea on what could be wrong or where I can see a kind of log to better understand where the issue comes from?

Thanks everyone in advance for the support, have a nice day.

Fausto
Buffort

Re: Can't access the server from another pc

Post by Buffort »

Fausto,

What IP addresses do you use for your computers, and which one did you select in PSU ?
Did you rebuild ACARS after installation ? And when you click on ACARS in your CDU, what's happening ?
Olivier
To serve Science, and this is my joy !
FaustoP

Post by FaustoP »

The IP address is 192.168.1.209, same IP address where Prosim737 is running (and I can access the IOS from other computers in the LAN).
In PSU I tried both options, say localhost (127.0.0.1) and 192.168.1.209, but that made no difference.

Yes I always rebuild ACARS after installation and the interaction with Prosim737 (note: running on the same machine) works fine. I can navigate the ACARS menù, request ATIS, Weather, Performance calculations (TOPCAT running on the same machine as well) etc

Thanks for your support
Buffort

Post by Buffort »

In PSU option, System/Server tab, you need to write the IP address of the computer running PSU. If you run PSU on the computer where Prosim is running, 127.0.0.1 is ok of course. If I understand well, in your case PSU and Prosim are not on the same computer, aren't they ?
Olivier
FaustoP

Post by FaustoP »

Yes, I confirm in PSU option I tried both 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.209. No-one makes any difference.
And Yes, Prosim and PSU are running on the same computer.

I can access IOS from another pc in the same network on the 8080 port but I can't access any PSU web service with the port 8085.
Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Ok. Let's see what's happening with PSU. First put 127.0.0.1 for the IP address, and dot not forget to run Prosim and PSU as administrator. Launch Prosim and PSU. Then, what's happening when you click on ACARS in the CDU ? Do you have the usual ACARS menu (AOC, SERVICE, ....) or do you have an error message LINK INOP (or something like that) ?
Olivier
FaustoP

Post by FaustoP »

Hello,

Yes Prosim and PSU do interface perfectly. I have all the menus up and running and I can request weather, ATIS etc..

The problem is with the web applications: EFB, GateMonitor, IFE etc. I cannot access them from a remote computer but they work on the same pc where PSU is running.
Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Sorry, Fausto, I think I totally misunderstood you .... I though that you had issues with PSU from the CDU, not with the web apps ....
As I don't use those apps .... I am not sure I can help you ...
Olivier
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

FaustoP wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 12:22 Hello,

Yes Prosim and PSU do interface perfectly. I have all the menus up and running and I can request weather, ATIS etc..

The problem is with the web applications: EFB, GateMonitor, IFE etc. I cannot access them from a remote computer but they work on the same pc where PSU is running.
And are you sure you are using the proper IP address in the web browser?
Humberto Miguel
FaustoP

Post by FaustoP »

Yes, of course. It’s the same IP address I can access ProSim IOS on the port 8080

If I put 192.168.1.209:8080 I can access and work with ProSim instructor station.
If I put 192.168.1.209:8085 it doesn’t work.

The port in PSU configuration is 8085.
I created firewall rules but I also disabled the firewall. Same for the antivirus.

Return to “ProsimUtils - by Wpslider”