next problem with the simio boards

Thomas Eitel

next problem with the simio boards

Post by Thomas Eitel »

hi,

i started to wire my pedestal with the simio boards and found the next problem with the native integratin in prosim.
as long as you configure just a push button or a single switch all is fine, but when you configure a dual switch ,for example
the overheat det. switch on the eng fire panel and you configure the pos a for an input and pos b for an input the switch dosent stay in the normal (middle)position when the switch is not in use,instead the switch stays in position a.
same for all oteher switches.
so until now i'm afraid the simio board will be completely useless if the native integration isn't gettong better with the next update and i will have to switch to pokeys instead.....
regards
thomas
Midnight

Re: next problem with the simio boards

Post by Midnight »

Hi Thomas
I have bought alot of the simio cards to build my pedistal after reading your post have tried with a on off on switch
and am getting the same results not working correctly if you looking at the switch data Auto configuration latest reported hardware input you get off on off instead of on off on this is the problem hope marty can fix this as the simio cards are a great price and lots of expantion avalible

Cheers Graham
Thomas Eitel

Post by Thomas Eitel »

hi graham,

nice to hear that i'm not the only one with simio problems.i'm shure all the failors can and will be fixed with future updates of prosim software.just a matter of time. the cards are realy great and as far as i know by far the cheapest way to build your pedestal (and also the overhead).
i think that a lot more people will use these card's as soon as the implementation in prosim is as solid and stable as with the pokey cards.

regards
thomas
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Hi Thomas
Have found the problem you need to change the configuration on the simio board the jp5 jumper the switch common must be 5volt not earth
(You will also have to change the wiring as the 5volt it is on a different pin than ground)
have just changed on my board and sucsess it now workes perfect :D

Cheers Graham
Attachments
Jumper.jpg
Thomas Eitel

Post by Thomas Eitel »

hi graham,

thank you for the tip.i will also try this tomorrow evening...

regards
BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing »

So it sounds like you guys are overall happy with the Hispapanels cards?

I am just about to buy interface-cards for my overhead and is in doubt if I should choose OC MasterCard or Hispapanels. But if you guys gives it thumbs up, I'll take Hispapanels.
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com Tailnumber: LN-RGB
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Hi Peter
I have both opencockpit and simio cards they both are good it all depends on your expectation of what you want and your budget
the simio cards are very well priced and the expandability is great for instance the display card can controll up to 32 7 segmrnt displays and support up to 5 cards
from one master where opencockpits display cards only support 16 7 segment display cards and only 4 cards can be connected to 1 master card,opencockpits cards are controled by Soic which makes fine tuning possible I myself like the build quality expandibility and price of simio cards and are supported by prosim making my pedistal build half the cost of opencockpits hardware hope this helps

Cheers Graham
Thomas Eitel

Post by Thomas Eitel »

hi,
i also think the simio boards are realy great. and with the last firmware i think the analog input's are also supported,
so you get a complete solution for all your inputs and outputs. the only problem at the time is that the native support from prosim isn't realy good but i'm shure that will get better with every update

regards
ridgenj

Post by ridgenj »

I concur and the price is excellent.
Cheers
Luis
BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing »

I know I have asked this one time before, but how does the native support with ProSim work?

Last time I asked I was told to look in the documentation, but I have not been able to find anything that explains how it works in Prosim.

No coding is needed (=Not like SIOC)?
Can you just flick the switch and the input is registered by ProSim - without having to configure each switch in a SimIO-program (=Like Pokeys)?
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com Tailnumber: LN-RGB

Return to “Hispapanels / SimIO boards”