Specific issue ILS 26L with FSdreamteam CYVR scenery... or global issue?

onthefence

Re: Specific issue ILS 26L with FSdreamteam CYVR scenery... or global issue?

Post by onthefence »

wpslider wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 14:56
DaddyBoon wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 13:31
wpslider wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 10:33 Do you have virtual navaids enabled?
No. But I gave it a try a few days ago (it seemed to me that it was worse than ever :shock: ).
Give it a try with the modified navdata and sceneries.
CDU data will be based on the navdata, but ILS signal is from the simulator.
Turned on Virtual Navaids, Live Weather OFF, MSFS, PS Version 3.06, P3D4.5 generated data base, Simconnect

So over the last 2 days I tried several flights into FSDT CYVR under the above conditions. I had forgooten to use 26L and used 26R. I will try 26L tomorrow.

a)First flight was with default scenery and lineup in the ILS for 26R was 263 in the CDU and ND showed white numerals. No issues.

b)2nd flight was with FSDT CYVR. Same cionditions..no issues..line up was perfect.

As mentioned, I had forgotten that you were trying with 26L. One other thing that may be noted, I use a P3D4.5 generated Database. I'll do more tests in the upcoming days..and also see what happens when I use the MSFS generated database.

EDIT: Same results with 26L. No problems lining up using ILS 263' --> Will try with the MSFS generated database next flight.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,
DaddyBoon

Post by DaddyBoon »

Thank you Ed.

You're right. Many things have changed since last February so it could be fair to give a second try to FSDT scenery for CYVR...
  • With "Virtual Navaids OFF" the situation was identical (245° instead of 263°) and I missed to land.
  • With "Virtual Navaids ON" all seemed perfect (PFD white text, correct landing) except that PFD indications were a bit confusing. Landing was correct.
I think FSDT CYVR is a particular case due to the dev having coded ILS data in his scenery.

Most of ILS's now work correctly (for me with my settings and with orange text on PFD... and I perfectly agree with this post https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.p ... 10#p145810 and have the same questions).

How does it goes on your side?

Didier
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-05 121956 CYVR26L Virtual.png
W11 - MSFS - ProSim B738 v3 - Agronn Yoke, Rudder - CpFlight CDUPRO 1.2 - Sismo MCP EFIS
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

DaddyBoon wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 11:39 Thank you Ed.

You're right. Many things have changed since last February so it could be fair to give a second try to FSDT scenery for CYVR...
  • With "Virtual Navaids OFF" the situation was identical (245° instead of 263°) and I missed to land.
  • With "Virtual Navaids ON" all seemed perfect (PFD white text, correct landing) except that PFD indications were a bit confusing. Landing was correct.
I think FSDT CYVR is a particular case due to the dev having coded ILS data in his scenery.

Most of ILS's now work correctly (for me with my settings and with orange text on PFD... and I perfectly agree with this post https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.p ... 10#p145810 and have the same questions).

How does it goes on your side?

Didier
Hello Didier,

Something definitely a little off in the PFD. The Annunciation shows no Localizer or GS Capture. GS Diamond still white. Appears to be still on VNav Path. Maybe just a one off. I'll take a screen shot of my PFD later on today and post back.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,
DaddyBoon

Post by DaddyBoon »

I'm now sure that AivlaSoft uses "ARINC data" for MD:
Screenshot 2021-06-05 180242 AivlaSoft EFB ARINC.png
  • ProSim probably uses "magdec.bgl" from "...\Official\OneStore\fs-base\scenery\Base\scenery" and that explains the 1 or 2° difference between charts and CDU.
  • ProSim probably uses an inappropriate value (true heading) to compare to the set course value (magnetic heading) so the PFD indication is always "orange crossed out".
Regards,

Didier
W11 - MSFS - ProSim B738 v3 - Agronn Yoke, Rudder - CpFlight CDUPRO 1.2 - Sismo MCP EFIS
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Did the same flight using the MSFS generated Database. ILS way off on 26L. Nose of the aircraft was actually pointing towards 26R as I reached the 5 dme mark. Only option was to takeover and land manually. I'll be going back to the P3D Database as I think that may be an easier solution than to try and apply the fix. Will give it some thought.
Best Regards,
Ed
DaddyBoon

Post by DaddyBoon »

Hi Ed,

The thread on MS Forum is proceeding and confirms that there are still issues with ILS in MSFS 2020 (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/of ... 328076/154).
With default MSFS airports RJFU, RJTT, ILS approaches failed (RJTT/34R, RJFU/32, Virtual Navaids) and I needed to perform a approach. Was correctly aligned until pressing APP!
I'm also convinced that ProSim has its part in what we see when trying to fly an ILS... but for sure MS/Asobo need to solve their issue then ProSim will do its part.

I'll give a try to your suggestion (use the fresh P3D v5.2 database)... and if it doesn't work for me I'll turn back trusting RNAV, LOC, etc but not ILS ;)

Best reagrs,

Didier
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

DaddyBoon wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 09:16 Hi Ed,

The thread on MS Forum is proceeding and confirms that there are still issues with ILS in MSFS 2020 (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/of ... 328076/154).
With default MSFS airports RJFU, RJTT, ILS approaches failed (RJTT/34R, RJFU/32, Virtual Navaids) and I needed to perform a approach. Was correctly aligned until pressing APP!
I'm also convinced that ProSim has its part in what we see when trying to fly an ILS... but for sure MS/Asobo need to solve their issue then ProSim will do its part.

I'll give a try to your suggestion (use the fresh P3D v5.2 database)... and if it doesn't work for me I'll turn back trusting RNAV, LOC, etc but not ILS ;)

Best reagrs,

Didier
Hi Didier,

Hope it works for you. Remember to rename the MSFS Database or Prosim will overwrite it. I find it quite reliable with regards to ILS Approaches. There is however a small caveat, which made me want to try the MSFS generated Database again. The P3D generated database will miss some Gates in the MSFS scenery. For example the P3D database will not see Gate 0 at CYLW but in the MSFS database it will. I think missing the odd gate is an acceptable trade off.
Best Regards,
Ed

Return to “ProSimB738 - Pre-releases”