2.12b6 [Intercom R/T]

wpslider

2.12b6 [Intercom R/T]

Post by wpslider »

Hello

Starting with ProSim737 2.12b6, it will be possible to connect ProSim Audio to 2 new additional audio sources.

The new audio positions are called VHF1 and VHF2. It is required that the external audio is connected in Captain's ProSim Audio Instance.

Configuration is just like any other intercom position. Just select the audio device you want to use for that position.

You can have P3D ATC audio or any audio application like Teamspeak sound to be redirected into ProSim Audio.

To have P3D ACT/ATIS via ProSim Audio, it will be required to select the voice playback device used by ProSim Audio

If you use any other application, you need to change the audio input/output accordingly.

To avoid using physical audio hardware, you can use a nice little software called Virtual Audio Cable as it is show in the above images.

Regards
Humberto Miguel
Driver170

Re: 2.12b6 [Intercom R/T]

Post by Driver170 »

I have two Ruscool boards for intercom would this work
Win10Pro 20H2 x64;.NET 4.8; P3D 4.5.14.34698; Connection: SimConnect; FSUIPC 6.013; Prosim 3.06b4 VFM 1.55 CPflight MCPPRO-EFIS-SIDE-MIP-PEDESTAL, 2xCDUPRO, FWD-OVHD; CFY Gold+Motorized TQ; FBC cockpit structure, yoke, rudder & tiller

[url=http://prosim737.com][img]http://prosim737.com/banners/forumbanner2.jpg[/img][/url]
Polarisfly

Post by Polarisfly »

Nice Humberto, I will try next week, when I am back in the sim.

This is probably for switching the channels, not for the volume control ?
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Polarisfly wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 13:13 Nice Humberto, I will try next week, when I am back in the sim.

This is probably for switching the channels, not for the volume control ?
It should work like the real thing. All external audio is now going via ProSim Audio (if configured), so it should follow ASP controls.
I tested with P3D ATIS via speakers, and volume was working.

Regards
Humberto Miguel
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Driver170 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 20:22 I have two Ruscool boards for intercom would this work
if already using mixing hardware, it is not possible. ProSim Audio will now do all the mixing if configured to do so.
Humberto Miguel
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

Slightly confused with this intercom operation.

If I decide to sell my intercom ruscool boards and keep my telex airman 750 headsets. How can i take advantage of PS intercom system.

Appreciate your help

Thanks
Win10Pro 20H2 x64;.NET 4.8; P3D 4.5.14.34698; Connection: SimConnect; FSUIPC 6.013; Prosim 3.06b4 VFM 1.55 CPflight MCPPRO-EFIS-SIDE-MIP-PEDESTAL, 2xCDUPRO, FWD-OVHD; CFY Gold+Motorized TQ; FBC cockpit structure, yoke, rudder & tiller

[url=http://prosim737.com][img]http://prosim737.com/banners/forumbanner2.jpg[/img][/url]
Polarisfly

Post by Polarisfly »

That sounds very good. Now, to make it complete, it would be good to have the cab/svc, flt mike and volume and mike only for pa available for mapping with sound devices. Hopefully not to much work, the same principle from the VHF just multiplied ?
Driver170 wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 16:00 Slightly confused with this intercom operation.

If I decide to sell my intercom ruscool boards and keep my telex airman 750 headsets. How can i take advantage of PS intercom system,
I also use Telex 750 together with a mobile intercom device. The whole issue is quite complicated. I want to switch over to Prosim intercom step by step. This to me seems to be the only good solution for the future, as all logics can be done by Prosim then, i.e realistic alternate acp mode etc.
For Intercom between pilots I want to keep the hot mike solution, so we don’t have to use the i/c switch for internal cockpit communication. I think Prosim intercom works only with the i/c switch. In real world there are different solutions, but the hot mike is my preferred one. With one, very important exception: The mask mike should only be open when switched to mask and with the i/c switch on. Otherwise communication through the masks is very difficult, as you have to synchronize breathing with your pilot buddy to understand anything.
Maybe there is a workaround for that problem or Prosim can solve it by offering options to use or not use i/c switch for each mike. That would be preferred by me.

As far as I know, you can not connect the Telex Airman Mike directly to the computer. For the Telex handmike, I use already a Behringer PS400 to make this possible. I have to check if the Telex headset speakers work directly.

This is quite sophisticated stuff, and maybe not many users here are involved in this already. But any ideas are welcome ! It will be fun to have a perfect ACP and Intercom in our sims in future.
sunmartial

Post by sunmartial »

Hi Humberto

That's great news. I look forward to trying this out.

Can I please ask you to help me understand how this will work with Vpilot?

At the moment, I use Virtual Audio Cable (VAC). I have set up 3 cables, VAC 1 and VAC 2. I have connected both the Cptn and FO headsets microphones to VAC 1, and VAC 2 is connected to the headsets of both the Captain and FO. In Vpilot, the Microphone device is selected as VAC 1 and the output device is selected as VAC 2. Then through SIOC and FSUIPC (I have the OC pedestal), I have configured the R/T buttons on the pedestal and the yoke to trigger the F12 key. I have then set this key as the PTT button in Vpilot.

For me to switch over to Prosim Audio, this is what I understand I need to do:
- Tick the VHF1 and VHF2 boxes in the Prosim Audio instances for Cptn, FO, and Observer stations.
- In Prosim Audio instances for each of the 3 stations (Cptn, FO and Observer), under configuration, assign both VHF 1 and 2 to the device for that station, both under capture and playback sections

What do I do with the PTT key in Vpilot? Does Prosim somehow talk to Vpilot? Do I remove the F12 PTT key assignment?

If the Captain selects VHF 1 transmit, and the FO selects VHF 2 transmit on their respective ASPs, what happens if the FO pushes the R/T button and speaks? Does it go out on VHF 1 or VHF 2, as from what I understand, Vpilot will only transmit on one frequency at a time, presumably whatever is set on the Captain's ASP.

Any advice appreciated, before I try this out.

Thanks
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.4, Prosim v2.25 (MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, server PC (i9-9900K), 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v4 Pro.
Polarisfly

Post by Polarisfly »

Hi Sunny,

I am not at the sim, but are there not 4 PTT assignments at Prosim, one for Cpt. and one for FO R/T and I/C as in the real aircraft ?

Vpilot always on VHF 1. So,on VHF 2 there would normally be no transmission in the sim, as at most airlines, VHF 2 is used for ATIS, company frequencies and mainly 121.50 during flight.

I am sure, you still need the PTT in Vpilot also. Only one can be assigned in Vpilot. A solution could be, to let Cpt. and FO PTT set the same offset in Prosim and then a lua to send a keypress to have this captured by Vpilot.
sunmartial

Post by sunmartial »

Hi Michael

Yes, that sounds like a solution, although I have no idea how to create a Lua script that does what you say. From memory, currently I have SIOC creating an FSUIPC offset, and then generate the keypress inside FSUIPC. I will have to check what I have done, and maybe can change the first part only, so that Prosim creates the offset like you describe.

Re vpilot, from memory, I thought we could transmit on VHF-2 also, be selecting it on the ASP? I will have to check... My current issue is that you have to select VHF-1 or 2 on the Captain side even if the FO wants to communicate, because the FO side ASP has no effect on Vpilot. But maybe with the new Prosim intercom release, this might change.....

Thanks
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.4, Prosim v2.25 (MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, server PC (i9-9900K), 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v4 Pro.

Return to “ProSimB738 - Pre-releases”