A short teaser of the new dynamic lights in ProSim737 2.0

moulic27

Re: A short teaser of the new dynamic lights in ProSim737 2.0

Post by moulic27 »

Hello All,
Great Work on the lighting. but if i can ask is this possible to achieve in P3d V3 as it clearly says P3D V4. If so what must be done?
regards
Happy Flights

Regards

Mouli

Prosim 737, P3D, Rex OD+, Prosimutils, TouchEFB

Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi lapi,

Thank you for the answer, so it could be an option then, but I also like the idea of the separate lights so I might give in to the new lights :D :D :D :D I guess I can play with the option at a later stage. I like your lights. :D :D :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

moulic27 wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 12:36 but if i can ask is this possible to achieve in P3d V3 as it clearly says P3D V4. If so what must be done?
Nothing can be done. The dynamic lights are very different from anything else earlier. It's not just the same stuff working differently, those are structurally very different. Dynamic lights have been introduced in P3D v4, so there's nothing you can do.
But if you can tell me a single reason for staying with v3, I'll lift my hat in front of you.

regards
Lapi
moulic27

Post by moulic27 »

Thanks for your swift response Lapi. I guess you don't have to lift your hats off Lol!!!.
I did not upgrade to V4 simply because i need a system upgrade first. after reading your reply i am sure it goes to the top of my list.
Thanks once again for the response.
regards
Happy Flights

Regards

Mouli

Bernie

Post by Bernie »

moulic27 wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 13:08 Thanks for your swift response Lapi. I guess you don't have to lift your hats off Lol!!!.
I did not upgrade to V4 simply because i need a system upgrade first. after reading your reply i am sure it goes to the top of my list
Thanks once again for the response.
regards
Hi Mouli,

Have a look at my signature with my computer specifications and tell my why P3D V4.1 is working so well on them. I have been amazed that I can increase my settings to those usually reserved for high end computers. I did upgrade the GPU's as the originals were starting to play up. I have been amazed and I guess very lucky. Certain computer components can work differently to others and mine certainly have. Don't be afraid to try what you have first. And I run 2 computers and 4 monitors using Nvidia Surround, Anaglyph 3D and ORBX Scenery to boot. I can fly into Orbx YBBN, YMML, Adelaide X v2 for P3D and only have a slight stutter occassionally. Think about the upgrade, it may not be the same for you but you will not know if you don't try. :D

PS: I run Prosim Server on a very good laptop using WideFS and simmconnect or what ever it is now. Prosim Display modules on another computer identical to the ones used for P3D V4.1.
Last edited by Bernie on 05 Dec 2017, 01:26, edited 2 times in total.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Lapi, will we be able to see the DL shining on the rw/objects from the VC too ?
Regards,

Gerard
moulic27

Post by moulic27 »

Hi Bernie,
Thanks for the tip. I guess your are right i need to try it out first. I do have a i7 processor and a 8 GM with a GTX960 graphic card. i am now confident that this is going to be really awesome. In fact i did look at the p3d recommended configuration and thought this needs an upgrade as it points to have a 16gb ram and 8gb graphics card. Anyway thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

regards
Happy Flights

Regards

Mouli

Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Saldo wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 14:42 Lapi, will we be able to see the DL shining on the rw/objects from the VC too ?
An advantage of the upcoming version will be that it doesn't matter if you use Cockpit-view or VC, the dynamic lights are not bound to VC-only (as it used to be with Steve's great lights).
It also presents an advantage for those using 3 beamers and the like, because to set it up is easier.
Perhaps the disadvantage of using the 2D view(s) is that the external model is in memory, but that's not a problem for those using at least mediocre computers.
So yes, the lights work on any object in the path and the same stands for beacons, navlights, etc.

regards
Lapi
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

moulic27 wrote: 04 Dec 2017, 14:51 I do have a i7 processor and a 8 GM with a GTX960 graphic card. i am now confident that this is going to be really awesome. In fact i did look at the p3d recommended configuration and thought this needs an upgrade as it points to have a 16gb ram and 8gb graphics card.
Depending on which sceneries you use, you might be in trouble with 8MB memory.

regards
Lapi
moulic27

Post by moulic27 »

Hello Lapi,

It is 8 GB RAM and i use the following: kindly guide me if you see any challenges with my specs,
i7 4770 (not over clocked)
8 GB DDR 3 RAM
GTX 960 4 GB DDR 5 (over clocked by company)
2 SSD's one for Windows 7 (home User / 64 Bit) and the other SSD for P3D V3 Only
I run ORBX Global, Fly Tempa Dubai Scenery, Prosim mian and Vpilot Host mode on the Main PC

On the second pc i run the PFD/ND, Prosim Audio,
On the 3rd i run ECAS and Prosim Audio,
4th pc runs SIOC for the FMC and Vpilot Client mode with voice
and the last one the instructors station runs - Acvtive Sky 2016, Prosim utils, PFPX and Topcat

Do you see a problem with this, if so can only upgrade the memory to accommodate P3D V4? Any suggestion will be of help.

regards
Happy Flights

Regards

Mouli

Return to “ProSimB738 - Pre-releases”