ProSimB738 MSFS2020 First impressions of the preview version

Lapi

Re: ProSimB738 MSFS2020 First impressions of the preview version

Post by Lapi »

onthefence wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 23:34 My controls have always been calibrated in Prosim..for a long time now, however when flying the 152 it did not make sense for me to calibrate the controls of the 152 in Prosim, so indeed I made a new profile of which I mentioned above. I left the keyboard and mouse assigned though so that I still had a means to communicate with the server.
I hope this explains properly what I'm trying to say as it seems I am very easily misunderstood.
Hi Ed,

All right, if you assigned and calibrated your axes in ProSim, then everything is fine.
Fine until the point when MSFS finds the same axes defined in its own controls, then everything will go haywire.

Either you need to DELETE those control-axes from MSFS or you can easily make a COPY under the very same controller, but this time with EMPTY axes. Later on you can easily switch them on by simply pressing the left or right arrows under the same controller.

This why - after flying with the Cessna-152, your ProSim738 went crazy, because MSFS sensed BOTH, its own assignment and the values sent from ProSim via Simconnect.
One or the other. Never both...

regards
Lapi
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

But even with no controller axis enabled in MSFS and only in Ps all axis the ac is overreacting.
Turning the yoke just 1 cm left/right is like turning it completely.
The same for the pedals and tiller.
Already I have set reaction sliders in als to the left.

When taxiing it is less apparent but when going faster or flying it shows.

And when taking off the horizon banks to the left like ac takes off first with the left gear. The horizon indicator shows that the ac is level.

The faster the ac flies the better the horizon.
Might be an MSFS thing now Ps is still in beta.

And it also might have to do that I use the front view spread over 2 displays and have set the eyepoint to the left.
But a banked horizon when taking off and flying slower looks weird :

https://youtu.be/QFuC5iYZjC8

No such issues in P3D.
Regards,

Gerard
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Gerard,

As I have mentioned before, my hardware is all driven by Pokeys Cards therefore all my axis are created by the Pokeys cards. I have no problem at all with axis in flight or on the ground steering. There may be issues with all the different hardware available. So a simple axis created by my cards does not have any problems. Yes all assigned in Prosim.

Edit: I watched you video and what I see is just the result of the scenery stretched over screens. My Nvidia surround over 4 screens does exactly the same thing and if you zoom in, it becomes less obvious. This I feel is the MSFS 2020 problem and nothing to do with the aircraft banking. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
jodo

Post by jodo »

Gerard,

Are you sure you launched Prosim only after MSFS has fully started and after you pressed the yellow "Fy Now" button (or whatever its name is in your language version)? I am not sure if this makes the difference, but I had some similar steering problems at my first attempts. These were gone with the correct start sequence (and after removing all controllers in MSFS apart from keyboard and mouse).

Still I cannot use A/T, SPD intervention, LVL CHG etc. but that might be due to using FSUIPC(?).

Regards,
Jochen
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

We should celebrate 10 years anniversary in some way? :D
1. The flight-model has nothing to do with HOW axes work in the simulator, be it P3D, MSFS or any other.
So 50% aileron input on one aircraft model behaves the same in another aircraft model, the same role rate? So all flight models react equally at all speeds to the same input from the joystick, and there is nothing you can program?
2. If one has axes assigned and defined elsewhere (external to ProSim) some of the SimConnect variables will still try to communicate with the sim, simply because during the years Humberto has incorporated a lot of logic behind the scenes, those which determine a lot of things RELATED to control-surfaces.
some of the SimConnect variables will still try to communicate with the sim When it comes to Aileron and Elevator, I mean that it is wrong that ProSim even tries to write to these variables in Simconnect if you have not asigned the axis in ProSim.
"Humberto has incorporated a lot of logic behind the scenes" What logic of aileron and elevator has he implemented? I know that something is implemented on the rudder, to be able to simulate tiller in a good way. But what about aileron, elevator?
3. That means if one has the main axes defined in FSUIPC, he will lose the logic part behind ProSim-systems, that tries to regulate those variables according to the real requirements of the A/C.
"main axes" Do you mean aileron, elevator? One could interpret rudders as "main axes".
logic part behind ProSim-systems
I am very curious and excited about the logic ProSim has implemented on Aileron and Elevator.
that tries to regulate those variables according to the real requirements of the A/C
Of course, prosim should try to emulate the real plane. But I do not understand what prosim would do it for on the elevator and aileron, it sounds more like a bug, what I describe in my thread: https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21629 For example, would prosim try to write to a simconnect variable that has to do with aileron even though you do not have any controls calibrated in prosim? That sounds strange. What would prosim then write? That if you have 50% input on an axis in ProSim, then ProSim sends for example 30% to simconnect. Then I would like to know why? In that case, you do not need to program how effective aileron should be in the flight model, then prosim could handle it instead.
4. It doesn't mean you can not, would not or should not do it via FSUIPC, but the logic will be missing.
It sounds on all the others of your quotes, as if one should not do that?
What logic, on aileron and elevator will be missing?
5. That is why Humberto has written at least 100 messages related to this, saying that we recommend assigning the axes in ProSim.
I buy it when it comes to rudders and brakes so far, but not when it comes to aileron and elevator so far. Then it is probably better to write that you lose the logic of hydralic failure if you do not set in ProSim. But even if that's the only reason to put in ProSim, it's probably not a huge loss.
a/. MSFS is different from P3D, therefore it does not tolerate multiple axes being assigned. Period.
This is good information, but that does not stop ProSim from being able to refrain from writing to simconnect aileron and elevator if you have not asigned the axis in prosim, right? It's ONLY about someone having to program it?
b./ If one runs ProSim in FSUIPC mode (which we haven't tested fully under MSFS) it is possible you will not have axis problems or the A/C going haywire in mid-flight. Maybe not.
Nor should it prevent the lights from working in FSUIPC mode? Or is it not possible to make it work? I must try to write to the different light offsets in FSUIPC, and see if it is possible to control them.
or the A/C going haywire in mid-flight. Why would it do that? FSUIPC writes to the same SIMCONNECT offset as ProSim, right?
c./ But if one is using the default SimConnect mode, it is certain and tested, that it will never work properly and axes have to be assigned in ProSim.
I do not fully understand this?

Finally, all the questions and statements I say above are just to teach me and better understand how things work, not to say you are wrong. I do not know if there is any other way to implement control loading in prosim than the way I do, and I know that there are several who use BFF Simulation, and they will probably not be so happy if ProSim closes the possibility for them to use their expensive control loading system.

Most of all I would have liked Brunner or of course MOOG but it costs between 16000-25000 euros and that is of course not realistic, in a home simulator.
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Bernie wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 08:21 Hi Gerard,

As I have mentioned before, my hardware is all driven by Pokeys Cards therefore all my axis are created by the Pokeys cards. I have no problem at all with axis in flight or on the ground steering. There may be issues with all the different hardware available. So a simple axis created by my cards does not have any problems. Yes all assigned in Prosim.

Edit: I watched you video and what I see is just the result of the scenery stretched over screens. My Nvidia surround over 4 screens does exactly the same thing and if you zoom in, it becomes less obvious. This I feel is the MSFS 2020 problem and nothing to do with the aircraft banking. :D
The axis overreacting issues is a known issue with default ac too and Asobo is working on that.

In P3D with the same stretch there is no horizon banking at take off. There is something wrong with either the way MSFS is calculating the horizon or because Ps is still in beta (which I understand).

I will post a vid here how it looks at take off.
Regards,

Gerard
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Here the vid which clearly shows the incline horizon :

https://youtu.be/LUofk3l4Qfw
Regards,

Gerard
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Gerard,

Yes that clearly looks like a typical MSFS 2020 problem. If you zoomed that view closer, it would improve. The angle of the screens is more noticeable when using MSFS 2020 instead of P3D. If you had both screens in the same angle, meaning in a straight line, it would be much better again. MSFS 2020 has a lot of work to do in this area. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Bernie wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 11:31 Hi Gerard,

Yes that clearly looks like a typical MSFS 2020 problem. If you zoomed that view closer, it would improve. The angle of the screens is more noticeable when using MSFS 2020 instead of P3D. If you had both screens in the same angle, meaning in a straight line, it would be much better again. MSFS 2020 has a lot of work to do in this area. :D
Hi Bernie,

This is one wide view spread over 2 displays. Not 2 seperate view.
The only thing that I did was unlocking Fixed View and set the viewpoint more to the right and then locked the Fixed view again.

When flying at higher speed (cruising altitude) the horizon is level.
It happens when the ac pitches up/down at lower speeds.

Here a short vid from an approach :

https://youtu.be/QFuC5iYZjC8

You can see it here too. But the more pitch up/down the more the horizon is banking to the right.
Regards,

Gerard
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Gerard,

Yes I know it is one view stretched over 2 screens. Mine is stretched over 4 screens.

Edit: The angle of each monitor still affects the way it looks even though stretched over 2 screens.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “ProSimB738 - Pre-releases”