PREPAR3D V5.3 NOW AVAILABLE!

Jollylaus

Re: PREPAR3D V5.3 NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Jollylaus »

Question to those of you who managed the transfer to V5.3 successfully: which Prosim Flight model are you using?
I'm asking since the latest V1.56 release notes refer to V5.2 compability which suggests that first we should wait for an update compatible for V5.3?
May be Lapi can help on that question.

BR, Johannes
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Hi

Did a complete new install for v5.3.
deleted old files manually.

I am using B38M latetst for prosim, but i could not use the module (2.05). If this was installed i could not set weights and fuel.
I am not using ProSimIOS but web interface. Seems to be better regarding positioning and wx. (Probably some config my side to be set correctly)

Except for the module, everything works nice here.
Jollylaus

Post by Jollylaus »

May be that's what I have done wrong when installing V5.3. I had deleted all P3D files manually except for those of the 'C:\ \Users\[username]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons ' directory where a bunch of my Add-Ons are installed. Perhaps I should have deleted at least the 'ProSim-AR' and 'ProSim-AR P3D Module' folder, then fire up V5.3, close it, and then re-install the PS flight model/module.

Thanks for the feedback.

Johannes
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Jollylaus wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 16:01 May be that's what I have done wrong when installing V5.3. I had deleted all P3D files manually except for those of the 'C:\ \Users\[username]\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons ' directory where a bunch of my Add-Ons are installed. Perhaps I should have deleted at least the 'ProSim-AR' and 'ProSim-AR P3D Module' folder, then fire up V5.3, close it, and then re-install the PS flight model/module.

Thanks for the feedback.

Johannes
Hi

I deleted all files from
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 (or the modified install location)
• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
• %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
• %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
• %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files
• %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons

I dont think it is mandatory but i did it just to be safe…
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Personally,

After reading later advice over on the Orbx forum. I did not touch those files. I only deleted the P3d.cfg file before proceeding.

I then uninstalled the 4.5HF1 Client; Content; and Scenery; then the Professional; components under Windows uninstall. I then did the complete 5.3 installation from the complete package.

I fired up P3d and I could select the Prosim Qantas plane OK. Parked myself at YSCB and then set up the P3d>Options (basically shifting all of the sliders to the right) I still had my 4 screen ViewGroup so selected that. I then saved that as my default Scenario.

I then closed down P3d and opened Orbx Central. I then 'verified' the Base and the Orbx Libraries. Pretty painless. I then went to Orbx >Help and 'Syncronise Simulator'

I then updated ActiveSky3d to the latest beta for v5.3.

Fired up REX Skyforce, Active Sky, and P3d. Everything was back to normal with real weather and my view group. Everything in Prosim worked when that was powered up.

A good improvement (road traffic does cause a frame drop though)

Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V3.1x : P3Dv5.3HF1+: AS3D: REX Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios etc.; MCP V3; 2 x EFIS; 2 x CDU: RTX 2070 Super; 4 ext views. 210 deg.: Total 6 W10 PCs on 1GB network.
maurizio.c

Post by maurizio.c »

I don’t really understand why some people deleted files …..
There’s no reason to delete anything : just uninstall Client,Content and Scenery then perform a full reinstall of 5.3. Dot.
All your configs, third party files, sceneries will be at their place , just like in 5.2. Dot.

Maurizio
[url] http://www.sim737ng.it [/url]

I7 9700K - Asus strix - 32GB GSkill - Nvidia Rtx1080TI 11 GB- 3xBenq 1080ST - Win10 - P3D 5.3HF1 - Prosim 3.13 - AS -Envtex -Envshade- Orbx basepack + OpenLC Europe- Always on Vatsim
OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA »

what observed is a FPS drop in v5.3 compared to v5.2 (HF1 also HF2)

In v5.2 with my settings i get constant 60 fps ( absolute no stutters), but in v5.3 with same settings
sometimes up to 60, but most of the times between 40 and 55 FPS (with many micro stutters).
So, i am back with v5.2. I cannot see any differences, except when sun sets, it looks better in v5.3
but with Envshade and Envtex i get nearly the same result.

My Vision PC specs: AMD 5800x and RX 6900 xt, 32 gig RAM
737/800 sim: FlyBy cockpit base,liners, Yokes, MIP and brake pedals
CPflight: 2x CDU, MCP pro (USB) 2x EFIS pro, center ped.CPf components, ISFD
Simworld FWD/Aft OVHD panel. CFY mot. throttle v3
2x clocks from Flight Illusion
WIN 10 P3Dv5.2
Emi Wiedenmann

Post by Emi Wiedenmann »

Yep micro stutters are back. Lets hope for HF1.
Simworld MIP / FWD OVD| CPFlight MCP2 EFIS2/Pedestal | Simujabs Shell Dual Linked Yokes and Rudder Pedals v.2 Pro|FDS CDU I OEM Liners|Curved Screen FOV 180|Vpilot| Prepar3d v.5.3| ProSim v.3.1|ASN I4.5TB photorael sceneries| WORLDFLIGHT 2022
Nick737

Post by Nick737 »

I did a full uninstalled 5.2 and did a new install of 5.3 as per recommended.
Everything seems normal on the ground and I have constant 30fps and smooth graphics (like in 5.2) until about an hour into the flights, then I get stuttering and freezing and frames drop as low as 1-2fps it becomes totally unflyable. :oops:

Anyone else experience issues like this? :?:

Latest Nvidia drivers, Prosim 3.13b9, and all software upto date.

Nick
enricoarman

Post by enricoarman »

Nick737 wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 11:31 I did a full uninstalled 5.2 and did a new install of 5.3 as per recommended.
Everything seems normal on the ground and I have constant 30fps and smooth graphics (like in 5.2) until about an hour into the flights, then I get stuttering and freezing and frames drop as low as 1-2fps it becomes totally unflyable. :oops:

Anyone else experience issues like this? :?:

Latest Nvidia drivers, Prosim 3.13b9, and all software upto date.

Nick
Hello Nick,
also for me is the same, the frame rate drops down from 30/31 till 10/15 after an hour of flight.
Anyone having the same issue ?

Enrico

Return to “P3D”