P3D 5.2 ViewGroup issue

Nlgravity

P3D 5.2 ViewGroup issue

Post by Nlgravity »

I been using fly elise lcd callibration pro with viewgroups since it became available. But all of the sudden my center screen is not align with left and right. It almost looks like center screen is individually zoomed in more than others.

I tried everything including reinstalling p3d and lcd cal pro. But problem still there.

In the lcd designer tool everything looks good. I just remembered that a few nights ago i changed the dpi text scaling to 125% for windows 10. Would that mess with p3d?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Nico (LGA, JFK, EWR)
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for a large collection of videos of the Sim!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrr16 ... nVaIGJZ5MA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aussie1234

Re: P3D 5.2 ViewGroup issue

Post by Aussie1234 »

Personally, I use P3d ViewGroups directly, and no other software so I can't comment on Fly Elise. However,

I believe View Group is using pixel count ratios (not the inch size of the screen ratios) so, I would think that changing the scaling of a screen before View Group uses that screen would affect it.

Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V3.0x : P3Dv5.2HF1: AS3D: REX Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP V3; 2 x EFIS; 2 x CDU: RTX 2070 Super; 4 ext views. 210 deg.: Total 6 W10 PCs on 1GB network.
Nlgravity

Post by Nlgravity »

Aussie1234 wrote:Personally, I use P3d ViewGroups directly, and no other software so I can't comment on Fly Elise. However,

I believe View Group is using pixel count ratios (not the inch size of the screen ratios) so, I would think that changing the scaling of a screen before View Group uses that screen would affect it.

Aussie
Crossing my fingers that you are right. Will report back

Nico (LGA, JFK, EWR)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrr16 ... nVaIGJZ5MA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Hopefully,

I did spot a response from a Lockheed Martin Developer to someone's View Group problem yesterday. The last paragraph seems to relate to your situation.
ViewGroup Problem.JPG
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V3.0x : P3Dv5.2HF1: AS3D: REX Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP V3; 2 x EFIS; 2 x CDU: RTX 2070 Super; 4 ext views. 210 deg.: Total 6 W10 PCs on 1GB network.
Nlgravity

Post by Nlgravity »

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and accept the fact that you had a dumb (really dumb) moment. No shame in that (actually just a little shame, especially when you realize the solution live on twitch with hundreds of witnesses to your stupidity.

Turns out this entire time i was exporting the viewgroups.xml file to roaming/app data, instead of the correct path of program data. So the reason why my screens were not aligned was because THE SIM HAD NO IDEA WHAT FLY ELISES WAS UP TO.

Lol

As soon as i exported file to correct directory everything worked perfect.

Dam am i rusty!

Nico (LGA, JFK, EWR)

Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Welcome to the Club.

Your membership has been accepted. :D

Return to “P3D”