MIP Monitor Problem

pelsrijcken

MIP Monitor Problem

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hello,

I have a Simworld MIP with 8 monitors, 7 of which are OK. The one that gives me a headache is the FO-side Chrono, the small one. It needs a resolution of 640x480. The thing is, I can only get it to show the desktop image when it is in the tilted position (rotated 45 degrees). When I correct this to the right position (Upright Mirrored - in Dutch: Staand Gespiegeld), the screen turns light blue/grey, and there is no way I can get it right. The CPT side Chrono is OK, in the correct position. I suppose this is a Windows thing. I've tried Multires, tried to manipulate my Displaylink program, no effect.
Does anyone know how to help me with this?
Regards, Koosch.

Bazbeaumont

Re: MIP Monitor Problem

Post by Bazbeaumont »

Hi Koosch,

I don't have a Simworld MIP, but I have the same problem with my CPT Chrono using Displaylink software on USB and a 5 inch LCD.
My FO Chrono suffered a screen failure which I have not fixed yet, so cannot comment if the same happens on the FO side.

I think it's a Win10 problem but I have updated drivers etc and still it doesn't work.

Willkeep trying to find a solution.

Cheers
Ron B

amorealex

Post by amorealex »

Unfortunately, I have the same issue with my CPT Chrono. Actually, the issue appears after a Windows update.

Tried to uninstall and reinstall the Displaylink driver but had no luck as well.

The last thing I want to try is to connect the monitor on the GPU and not via Displaylink. I will let you know if find a solution.
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hi Alex,

Thanks. Strange things keep happening. Maybe uninstalling the Windows update will do the job. But I don't know if that is a wise step.
Regards, Koosch.

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hello Ron,

Well, it really seems to be a Windows problem then. Hopefully the next update will tackle this anomaly. In the meantime we'll have to outsmart bl**dy Windows once again :D :D .
Regards, Koosch.

amorealex

Post by amorealex »

pelsrijcken wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 08:37 Hi Alex,

Thanks. Strange things keep happening. Maybe uninstalling the Windows update will do the job. But I don't know if that is a wise step.
Already tried that but had no luck.
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

OK, saves me a lot of time, thanks.
Regards, Koosch.

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont »

Update on this annoying issue.

I removed the CPT Chrono from my sim and on running it on my test rig in the house, just as a straight monitor - without P3D or Prosim running - the same problem exists.
I downloaded and installed the very latest driver from the Displaylink web page and it made no difference.
So it definitely seems to be a Win10 issue after one of the latest updates.
I have posted on the Displaylink forum so hopefully we might get an answer.

If not then I have worked out that I can install my LCD in landscape orientation.
Cheers
Ron B

amorealex

Post by amorealex »

Have you tried to connect it directly on the GPU and not via Displaylink?
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hello Alex and Ron,

My monitors are sort of daisy-chained (Simworld), so it is quite an enterprise to separate one monitor from the rest. I have my hopes on the next WinX update. Curious to learn how to install/turn the FO Chrono monitor in landscape view.
Regards, Koosch.

Return to “Simworld”