pelsrijcken

Re: Gate Assignment

Post by pelsrijcken »

I mean the left side of course :oops: :oops:
Regards, Koosch.

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

I think its not possible to add anything to a Simworld P&P module. I have also tried before, but the switches are not recognized.

But in the Prosim737 map under sounds there should be a fire.wav. When enabled in Prosim audio (you can test it there to) the fire bell should go off.
It works with my Simworld P&P pedestal.
Hello |Dennis,

I've enabled the fire.wav in in audio module, but it won't play when I flip the OHT/Fire Test switch. It should go off I presume, so why doesn't it then??
Regards, Koosch.

wpslider

Post by wpslider »

pelsrijcken wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:40
I think its not possible to add anything to a Simworld P&P module. I have also tried before, but the switches are not recognized.

But in the Prosim737 map under sounds there should be a fire.wav. When enabled in Prosim audio (you can test it there to) the fire bell should go off.
It works with my Simworld P&P pedestal.
Hello |Dennis,

I've enabled the fire.wav in in audio module, but it won't play when I flip the OHT/Fire Test switch. It should go off I presume, so why doesn't it then??
You can try the sound in ProSimAudio, Press the test button to check if the sound plays?
Humberto Miguel
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Yes, the sound plays. But there is no connection to the test switch.
Regards, Koosch.

wpslider

Post by wpslider »

pelsrijcken wrote: 15 May 2020, 13:44 Yes, the sound plays. But there is no connection to the test switch.
Please check if you have any manual assignment for the switch in combined config.
Also check in ProSim main window if fire test switch is grayed out and if it follows the position when you move the switch.
I advise you to contact support if it still does not work.

Regards
Humberto Miguel
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

Hello,

I've sent a support ticket, have had contact with Martin a few times, asking me the same questions Humberto did, and after having answered them, there has been radio silence for about two months now. That doesn't really help.

I read the posts from Dennis, who says that in his case, the Prosim fire bell responds to the Simworld Fire Panel OHT test switch without any extra configuration. I only wish I could say the same.

As I understand it, and as the ProSim dev's told me, the fire bell should ring automatically when flipping the test switch, no programming needed. In my case it doesn't. It seems I've run out of options by now, but I'm still curious to find out if other Simworld hardware owners have had the same problem, and if they have found the solution.
Regards, Koosch.

dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Hi Koosch,
what you can do, to test and found out where the cause of the problem lies, is make a copy of Prosim and in the copy you rename the config.xml. After that you check that bell issue. If it works then you're sure that there is a mis-assignment in your actual prosim setup.
Regards,
Dirk

wpslider

Post by wpslider »

pelsrijcken wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 21:33 Hello,

I've sent a support ticket, have had contact with Martin a few times, asking me the same questions Humberto did, and after having answered them, there has been radio silence for about two months now. That doesn't really help.

I read the posts from Dennis, who says that in his case, the Prosim fire bell responds to the Simworld Fire Panel OHT test switch without any extra configuration. I only wish I could say the same.

As I understand it, and as the ProSim dev's told me, the fire bell should ring automatically when flipping the test switch, no programming needed. In my case it doesn't. It seems I've run out of options by now, but I'm still curious to find out if other Simworld hardware owners have had the same problem, and if they have found the solution.
You have a config issue somewhere... maybe manual assignment to the fire test switch...?

Try Dirsk's suggestion. Install a clean instance of ProSim, just enable Simworld driver to see if you have the bell sound...
Humberto Miguel
pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken »

All traditional tests have been done in the past weeks and days. This afternoon I installed a brand new downloaded Prosim v2, updated it to v2.31, and removed all config files. So, no manual assignments whatsoever. No fire bell. The switch can be seen to change state in the Fire tab, but the fire bell sound file does not light up in the Audio tab, hence no sound. I have sent a mail to Simworld, because it could be a hardware problem. Hope they have some suggestions.
Regards, Koosch.

Return to “Simworld”