SimWorld Panels Disconnect after takeoff

rdejong

SimWorld Panels Disconnect after takeoff

Post by rdejong »

I have such an annoying strange issue which is preventing me from completing any flight.
Hardware is SimWorld Overhead, MIP, CDU, MCP, CFY Throttle Quadrant and Agronn Yoke
Lately I have a disconnect of the SimWorld hardware just after every takeoff or during the climb phase.
What I do notice is today it seemed to happen right after I pulled the gear lever up or during climb back to off.
I am able to do full preflight, set everything up, dial in MCP etc and all seems normal until the spontaneous disconnect.
In the ProSim logfile I only see the following latest entry after the event, I am not sure if that is related.

12/13/2019 10:00:00 PM * genericCOMport:Data: S_THROTTLE_FLAP = Up
12/13/2019 10:00:00 PM * genericCOMport:Invalid input: S_THROTTLE_FLAP = Up

I also notice the led on the SimWorld USB box is showing a red LED

Don't know where to start troubleshooting.
ProSim is on latest version.
egkkman

Re: SimWorld Panels Disconnect after takeoff

Post by egkkman »

Hi,

I feel your pain. I'm not sure I can help at all but, if the Simworld overhead is USB then are some things you can check which will eliminate them as being the cause of your disconnect.

Firstly, when a USB device disconnects you usually hear the Windows 'ding dong' sound. If you are hearing this then it is unlikely that the problem is due to Prosim. However, if you don't hear the ding dong sound then it does not mean it is a Prosim problem. :evil: I have had problems where USBs disconnect without the ding dong sound and it has been due to the issue I'm about to highlight.

Go into Control Panel, Hardware & Sound, Device Manager. Then select Human Interface Devices, opening up the dropdown menu and select each device with a right mouse click, select Properties and then the Power Management tab and make sure the check box against 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is empty. If it isn't remove the tick. Click OK and move onto the next device. Do this for every single device. Once done, close up the dropdown list and move down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'. Do exactly the same for all devices. In some cases there won't be a Power Management tab, this is normal and not a concern. Depending on how many devices you have connected there could be a lot to do.

I would counsel you to check these periodically. In my experience Windows updates can replace the removed tick from the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' check box.

In addition, keeping firmware/drivers up to date is important.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dave
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
rdejong

Post by rdejong »

Thanks for you reply!.
I've changed a bit my configuration lately and found my external powered USB hub to be connected to a USB 3.1.
So first of all I changed that to connect it to a USB 3.0 connection.
Next I read a post on this forum which recommended to disable XHCI from the BIOS.
In my case it was enabled so changed that after which I went through the device manager and checked every Human Interface Device and there were quit a few which had the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' enabled.
After all this I was able to complete two flights.
Many thanks.
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Good to hear there's progress.

Regards

Dave
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
CFY

Post by CFY »

We only send flaps data in genericCOMport if they change at the TQ ... and then also with the value ...
To check whether the error may come from our software, please exit the software before lifting off. And see what happens ....
Greetings from Berlin
Torsten Müller
Skype ID: sunheadtm
Installation instructions:https://cockpitforyou.com/instructions
latest updates:https://cockpitforyou.com/update
rdejong

Post by rdejong »

CFY wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 00:11 We only send flaps data in genericCOMport if they change at the TQ ... and then also with the value ...
To check whether the error may come from our software, please exit the software before lifting off. And see what happens ....
I want you to know I still have these issues and everytime I have this panel freeze I see the same message in ProSim log.
12/13/2019 10:00:00 PM * genericCOMport:Data: S_THROTTLE_FLAP = Up
12/13/2019 10:00:00 PM * genericCOMport:Invalid input: S_THROTTLE_FLAP = Up

I will test exiting the software before lifting off and let you know asap.
rdejong

Post by rdejong »

CFY wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 00:11 We only send flaps data in genericCOMport if they change at the TQ ... and then also with the value ...
Hi,

I did a quick flight EHAMEGLL and closed CFY software at takeoff and manually set flaps 0 and after a while I still got a panel freeze. In the logs there is a mention on TCP timeout which could be related to the Generic driver TCP.
Below the logfile:

1/7/2020 4:21:07 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_RIGHT = 196
1/7/2020 4:21:08 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_RIGHT = 197
1/7/2020 4:21:08 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_RIGHT = 198
1/7/2020 4:21:08 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_LEFT = 197
1/7/2020 4:21:08 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_LEFT = 198
1/7/2020 4:21:14 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_RIGHT = 197
1/7/2020 4:21:16 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_LEFT = 198
1/7/2020 4:21:16 PM * genericCOMport:Data: A_THROTTLE_RIGHT = 197
1/7/2020 4:21:58 PM * genericCOMport:Cannot write to TCP port:Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Write(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at (_8gfdfDTxw9K417tGzQtHSymz2Gd , String , String , GlobalEntityId )
1/7/2020 4:21:58 PM * == Inner exception:Cannot write to TCP port:An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
at System.Net. .NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
1/7/2020 4:21:58 PM * genericCOMport:clientHandler:Exception:The operation is not allowed on non-connected sockets.
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.GetStream()
at (_8gfdfDTxw9K417tGzQtHSymz2Gd , Object )
1/7/2020 4:23:50 PM * IOElement:RefreshAllHardware

===
Note that I'm on MSFS setting in ProSim. I did another test with SimConnect instead and that went fine all the way through, although running on SimConnect is not something I want giventhe fact is give me all kinds of other troubles in control of the aircraft (Tiller/Rudder conflict, No Autobrakes, etc) (These are some know issues)

Also see the INPUT Debugger screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19_C_Jr ... sp=sharing

This was after setting flaps 0 while running on MSFS mode. And it seems to me every time I get this message it seems to crash my ProSim to Simworld connections etc.

This was NOT shown while running on SimConnect mode in ProSim by the way. And in that mode I was able to complete the flight.
===
bobs737

Post by bobs737 »

I would sure like to know what everyone is doing about this issue. My A/T disconnects on decent in two ways.

First: When I adjust my simworld MCP altitude down to something lower, immediately the A/T turns off, I can control the Prosim MCP through my Simworld MCP but the Simworld MCP displays and indicators do not show the correct values that are being displayed in Prosim.

Second: If I survive number one above, the A/T could shut off when I get down to about 15k or lower. If that happens, I can wait a short while, maybe one minute and turn the A/T back on and everything works fine.

I have checked everything the other folks have suggested but nothing has worked so far. As far as I know, we can't go back to previous version of Prosim or CFY to fix the problem so I can't really fly anymore.

I will keep checking this post to see if anyone has found a fix.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Hi, has there been a hardwae driver update by Simworld lately ?
It seems you have a connection problem between Simworld hardware and Prosim. Check all canbus connections at the back of each hardware + canbus controller because it is a daisy chain system.
Regards,
Dirk

rdejong

Post by rdejong »

I'm not sure if there has been a hardware driver update.
I am in contact with SimWorld on this issues. I still have spontaneous freezes where all of a sudden nothing from MIP & CDU works. Using the tool SimpleHIDWrite3 we also see no USB messages/input/output coming anymore from the panel.
I'm also owner of the FWD overhead and each time the overhead is still working and using the Input Debugger I see the input response from the switches. Nothing from the MIP/CDU panel.
What is also strange is that it is on and off. Last week I did one flight which I was able to complete.
Today I did another flight which failed to during cruise with panels not responding anymore.
We checked all Power Plans and disabled options to selectively shutdown USB ports etc for power saving and such and each and every time I'm going through all USB and HID devices in Device Manager to check if it is not enabled for automatic shutdown device to save power.
I checked the CAN cables many times and we even reversed the whole chain to see if it made any difference, which it did not.
Last update is they suggested to send another SimBox to test.
To be continued.

Return to “Simworld”