Vrinsight overheadpanel

Bora25

Vrinsight overheadpanel

Post by Bora25 »

Hello
Is there Anyone who has experience with the Vrinsight overheadpanel ?
I am thinking over buying an overheadpanel.
I know it is not zo realistic, but when you have not much space it is a good compromise.
I want to know how it works with prosim.

Regards Ton
dvincent

Re: Vrinsight overheadpanel

Post by dvincent »

Don't buy. It's better to save your money and buy a better one when you get the money for it. I do so. I'm creating the systems and details now and get them to work. Right now I'm busy with the start switches and the TQ. The Irs system works with PoKeys, rotaries and the IRS module by Pim. I'm mounting the working items on a big MDF panel. That way I can fly without being in a hurry to buy. When I buy the Overhead panels I just have to transfer all the working items to the appropriate panels.
Regards,
Dirk

ohsirus

Post by ohsirus »

I have one and its great for small setups as its plug ang play. It can simulate EGT and the aft oh panel also. I have yet to hear a negative complaint from any owner.
Blog: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/391708-simpit-running/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

I didn't hear negative comments either, it depends on what your final goals are. It is a minimised OH.
I have no further comments on it.
Regards,
Dirk

Hanne
Beheerder

Post by Hanne »

I was very surprised when a tiny box came in while expecting an overhead panel, it turned out that I hadn’t paid attention in advance and overlooked this was a downsized and down functioned overhead. The functions that are on it do work…

Hanne
Bora25

Post by Bora25 »

Thank you for the reactions.
I know the limitations of the vrinsight overheadpanel, because I did some research beween a few
Overheadpanels.
I have a small house, I want to make a small setup because I have not much space in my room.
The only thing I want to know is if de vrinsight overhead works fine with prosim.
I have now an overhead with some goflightmodules for the most important switches.
I think for me is the vr insight overhead a big improvement

Best regards. Ton
ohsirus

Post by ohsirus »

Been awhile since i tested it with prosim, but iirc it worked well, only issues i have is that it doent support the test position functions. The egt and aft oh functions.
Blog: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/391708-simpit-running/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nlgravity

VR Insight Overhead Panel

Post by Nlgravity »

What's the secret to have the VR Insight Forward overhead start the right way?

When first set up my cockpit, the default state of the overhead panel is cold and dard... even if the phisical switches in the panel are set differently.

So i have to move every switch in the overhead panel at least once to set it correctly.

Is there a way to save the default overhead state to match the phisicxal posiution of the switches?

Thanks!

Nico
Nico (LGA, JFK, EWR)
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for a large collection of videos of the Sim!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrr16 ... nVaIGJZ5MA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zcar2043

Post by Zcar2043 »

Hello All, will be possible to move all the hardware from the vrinsight overhead to a normal size overhead? :?
Nlgravity

Post by Nlgravity »

Zcar2043 wrote:Hello All, will be possible to move all the hardware from the vrinsight overhead to a normal size overhead? :?
No. Impossible.

The VR insight overhead is a fully built, compact box that cannot be dismantled and adopt to a real size overhead.

Also, none of the knobs and buttons are the actual size, so it won't work. See images attached

Nico
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375413154.250011.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1375413113.632279.jpg
Nico (LGA, JFK, EWR)
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for a large collection of videos of the Sim!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrr16 ... nVaIGJZ5MA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “VRinsight”