Windows startup with pokeys 57u connected

ivanroberts77

Windows startup with pokeys 57u connected

Post by ivanroberts77 »

I am looking for some advice or help with this issue. I noticed that my computer will not startup if my pokeys card is connected to my usb port. I have to disconnect it for windows to start then once it's booted connect the pokeys card to my usb and everything is fine..... Using windows 7 Pro...... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
mickc

Re: Windows startup with pokeys 57u connected

Post by mickc »

Go into the BIOS settings of your PC and disable boot from USB
ivanroberts77

Post by ivanroberts77 »

Thanks Mick. It's working so far one two boots.
ivanroberts77

Post by ivanroberts77 »

Hi Mick. I booted a few more times and was good. Today I booted again and would not start until I removed the pokeys card. All the boot from USB is turned off in my bios....
ruivers2

Post by ruivers2 »

Do you, by any chance, have an ASUS motherboard?
I had this problem for years, trying 3 different high-end ASUS motherboards. Finally I had to get rid of my Pokeys, 5 of them, becauce I tried everything.
Now I am on a MSI motherboard, and I am back with 2 pokeys 57U, and no problems.
ivanroberts77

Post by ivanroberts77 »

ruivers2 wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 11:11 Do you, by any chance, have an ASUS motherboard?
I had this problem for years, trying 3 different high-end ASUS motherboards. Finally I had to get rid of my Pokeys, 5 of them, becauce I tried everything.
Now I am on a MSI motherboard, and I am back with 2 pokeys 57U, and no problems.
Hey there. I actually have a MSI gaming G5 motherboard.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Maybe a motherboard firmware issue ?
Regards,
Dirk

DUCAUD

Post by DUCAUD »

Hello Ivan,
Were you able to solve your issue? I have two Pokeys 57U cards, and I have the same exact issue, I also have an ASUS HeroVI motherboard.
I have contacted Pokeys, and this is what they replied:

"Hi, Juan
The issue lies in the system BIOS drivers for the USB devices, which don't correctly handle the PoKeys devices. Some manufacturers use a stripped down version of those drivers...
The delayed start of the device usually solves this issue since the device will not identify itself to BIOS drivers during boot procedure. Some BIOS versions have issues even with a simple USB memory sticks being present during boot procedure.
We suggest to setup the delayed start of 10 seconds (10000 ms). The side effect is that the device is recognized 10 seconds after being plugged into the computer. In some cases, enabling PC boot support solves the issue - both settings are available in the PoKeys application under Device > USB interface."

Problem is, that I do not have the application, since Prosim does not need one. I downloaded the software, and read the manual, and I cannot find how to do it.

Regards

Juan
ivanroberts77

Post by ivanroberts77 »

Hey Juan

I have tried this today but still same result. It still freezes when windows tries to load... The setting is just open the software and connect to your pokeys card. Then at the top of the window will be a Device tab, click that then click usb interface and it will come up.

Return to “PoKeys”