Pokeys dropping out

egkkman

Pokeys dropping out

Post by egkkman »

Hi,

I had a problem where Prosim was pausing which turned out to be a Pokeys issue caused by the cursed Win 10 update corrupting Dot Net. Here's a link to the thread viewtopic.php?f=81&t=16538

Having solved that issue, or so I thought, I am now faced with a new problem which I feel must be linked. Now everything works upon initialisation of Prosim, all switches connected to Pokeys cards as well as LEDs & the Elect panel. After a while randomly cards stop working but all other systems connected to Bodnar, Arduino or Phidgets cards work perfectly. Prosim does not crash, it continues working as if nothing s wrong and shows as connected to all Pokeys cards. Of course none of the systems connected to the affected Pokeys card work, so the sim is unusable.

Frankly I'm losing the will to continue trying to get my sim to work. I spent 4 hours last night and 6 hours this morning and am no further forward, this is on top of the past two months trying to solve issues all seem centred around this Pokeys issue, I might add all Pokeys cards have worked flawlessly for the past two or more years. The only changes I've made during my refurb are driver updates and the enforced changes made by Win 10 updates. I did set the Pokeys cards to fast USB communication but have reverted back to standard, this has made no difference.

I'm not suggesting this is a Prosim problem, I really do not know. Humberto has been very helpful but if this is an issue with my setup then I'm stumped and don't expect Prosim Devs to help me out. All hardware drivers are up to date as is Win 10. I have the latest Pokeys software downloaded and am running Prosim 2.18 b18. This problem persist with 2.17, 2.16 & 2.15.

I have been trying to get this issue resolved since march, I just cannot get it to work.

Any suggestions as to what this might be or what I can try that I have not before will be very welcome. I'll give it one last try; if I cannot solve this issue then I'm afraid the sim has to go, it's a great white elephant at the moment and I leave the sim fed up with trying to solve this problem and not being able to fly. I can't face removing the Pokeys cards and replacing them with alternatives, having spent four months updating and refurbing the sim. Everything else works well.

I have attached the latest log in case anyone can find something in it that might help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and guidance.

Regards

Dave
Attachments
log.txt
Log File
(506.62 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
Bernie

Re: Pokeys dropping out

Post by Bernie »

Hi Dave,

Are you able to try Prosim on another computer as I have mine so that you will then have it connected using the Wideclient. I do not have the issues you are having and my Sim is w10 but the computer running Prosim is w8.1. Can you set it up with the demo to see if that changes things.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Hi Dave,
When i moved to windows 10 i also encountered problems with my pokey cards see post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16093&start=10#p114107
this may help you

Regards
Graham
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Midnight wrote: 19 May 2019, 11:45 Hi Dave,
When i moved to windows 10 i also encountered problems with my pokey cards see post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16093&start=10#p114107
this may help you

Regards
Graham
Hi Graham,

That post could be a key to Dave's problem, I will also keep this in mind if I ever decide to migrate Prosim to the new computer with W10. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi Bernie & Graham,

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

@ Bernie: I am setting up Prosim on a remote PC as I type this. I'll report back

@ Graham; I'll check this setting and report back.

Regards

Dave
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Dave,

I hope you have some luck either method you try but obviously having Prosim on the same computer would be better for you I guess, even though, for me it has never been a problem on different computers but will probably do the same as you eventually. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi,

I have tried Grahams suggestion and it made no difference, but thanks anyway. I tried it with fast USB interface off and with it on on all Pokeys cards (taking advice from this thread I have left it on viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11849 ).

This time there were two minor pauses and then one that did not end. The aircraft continues to fly and even follows the route and altitudes dialled in but all the controls are frozen.

I will try running Prosim on a different PC and see how I get on. I am away for a few days from Wednesday to Sunday, so I might not be able to get this done before I go.

I have to say I'm not hopeful. :(

Regards

Dave
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Hi Dave,
Sorry to here your still having problems, Another thing to check is inside Device Manager, Universal serial bus controllers, make sure that (Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ) is unchecked on all avalible USB controllers as this can also cause windows to turn off USB

Regards
Graham
Attachments
USB.jpg
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi Graham,

I did do this some time ago however, I will check the settings as there have been Win 10 updates which no doubt have interfered :evil:

I'll report back. Thanks for trying to help Graham.

Regards

Dave
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi D@ve,

I have noticed that .net 4.8 is floating around, what version do you have installed.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “PoKeys”