Dual Brightness solution for Pokeys Valve Leds

onthefence

Dual Brightness solution for Pokeys Valve Leds

Post by onthefence »

I reversed the wiring. Would this now work as common anode?
I reversed the wiring. Would this now work as common anode?
This is a picture taken from this forum. I think it's for common cathode.?
This is a picture taken from this forum. I think it's for common cathode.?
Hi Everyone,

I had originally set it all up as lighting two single leds but I've discovered this isn't a good solution as one side of the lettering is dim, and one side is bright so the best solution is to light 2 dim or 2 bright.

I'm now looking for a dual brightness solution for my valve outputs on the overhead. I have found a possible solution on this forum but I think it's for common cathode setup. See attached drawing. My output board is common anode.

For example the crossfeed valve. I have it set to port 55. Currently this lights a led in dim state. Does the Gate for crossfeed brightness need to be on a separate port of it's own?

I'm using Pokeys Ethernet cards with common anode output cards. I would appreciate if someone has a solution with common anode outputs to show me a drawing of it.

Thanks in advance.
PS: Dont know why the photos are upside down, but they are right side up when you open them.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,
onthefence

Re: Dual Brightness solution for Pokeys Valve Leds

Post by onthefence »

This is actually how I have mine setup for common anode.
This is actually how I have mine setup for common anode.
Think I have it all figured out now. So I'm going to do an EDIT here for those people who may encounter the same questions I had about dual brightness Leds in certain areas of the the overhead, namely valves opening and closing, fuel bypass valve for instance. I have a Pokeys E with a Output board that is common Anode. I have enclosed a drawing of what is working for me.

EDIT: I had to remove the drawing as upon closer examination the drawing didn't match my actual wiring. I will post a new image shortly.
EDIT 2: Updated to to the correct version of how I have my wiring for common anode.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,

Return to “PoKeys”