Trim Switches

zinok2001

Trim Switches

Post by zinok2001 »

Hi,
I'm upgrading my TQ 1.7. I'm using a Leo Bodnar card for switches. There are 2 switches labeled as "trim switches", "trim up" and "trim down". What are these for and where are they located in the TQ ?
How do i need to configure them within Prosim ?
Thx.
Mobo Z97M, cpu 4970K@4,4Ghz, ram 16GB, gpu 1080ti, hd 2xSSD Samsung, 1 WD 2TB, win10, Psu 800W, CP Flight MCP EL +2 x EFIS, full auto TQ RSPM, CDU V1 Engravity, OC com, nav modules, PFC yoke, homebuild OH, 2x48" HD led tv's.
portanav

Re: Trim Switches

Post by portanav »

zinok2001 wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 13:44 Hi,
I'm upgrading my TQ 1.7. I'm using a Leo Bodnar card for switches. There are 2 switches labeled as "trim switches", "trim up" and "trim down". What are these for and where are they located in the TQ ?
How do i need to configure them within Prosim ?
Thx.
Hi, the trim UP & DOWN switches are located on the Flight Control Yokes (Capt & F/0),Image

they are used to move (pivot horizontally) the Horizontal Stabilizer (the small wings at the rear of the aircraft) below the Fin (the Vertical Stabilizer).

Regards.
Regards,
Michael :)

System: P3Dv5, Prosim737 2.31, Win10/64, i7-6700, ASUS Z170-K, GTX 1080.
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

Well explained Michael, nice pictures.

If I could add Znok: The two spring loaded, to centre off, switches on the Yoke need to be pressed either up, or down, together, to operate the stabilizer trim motors. These can be assigned in Prosim Config. Both the Cptn and FO have two switches on their Yokes.

On the other hand, if you are talking about the Throttle Quadrant: There are two ON/OFF switches on the lower right, which are used to disable the Stabiliser Trim (if there is a run away fault) Basically, one switch disconnects the Yokes two switches electrically (and enables you to rotate the wheels manually), and the other switch stops the Auto Pilot from adjusting the stabilizer (and allows you to rotate the wheels manually). Both these TQ switches need to be assigned in Prosim config as well.
Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V3.0x : P3Dv4.5HF3: REX EnvF&Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP V3; 2 x EFIS; 2 x CDU: RTX 2070 Super; 4 ext views. 210 deg.: Total 6 W10 PCs on 1GB network.
zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

Thx for your reply guys,
But i'm looking for 2 switches on the RSP TQ. I found the cables labeled as trim switches nr 8 and 9 (picture atached).

Another question : the Open cockpits USBCDMOTORS card has 5 analog potentiometers connected :
1. engine lever left
2. engine lever right
3. trim needles
4. reverse engine left
5. reverse engine right

I want to connect those pots to the leo bodnar card (axes) and configure them within Prosim. Would this have any impact on the SIOC script to run the TQ motors ?

Thx !
Attachments
trimswitches.jpg
Mobo Z97M, cpu 4970K@4,4Ghz, ram 16GB, gpu 1080ti, hd 2xSSD Samsung, 1 WD 2TB, win10, Psu 800W, CP Flight MCP EL +2 x EFIS, full auto TQ RSPM, CDU V1 Engravity, OC com, nav modules, PFC yoke, homebuild OH, 2x48" HD led tv's.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

As far as I now, the scripts won't work if it is written to be used with OC cards
Regards,
Dirk

Return to “Revolution Simproducts (RSP) / Jetstream / CAT-III”