RSP White Pro DC-Motors

chris50229

RSP White Pro DC-Motors

Post by chris50229 »

Hello All,

I've got an used RSP TQ with automatic parking brake and trim indicators, I would like to replace the electronic boards by pololu motor drivers.

I've searched for days to find some informations about a soloution how to interface the trim indicators and parking brake release, as far as I know prosim has just a gate for a parking brake solenoid and the trim indicators can be driven by a servos, but is there any way to use the DC-motors and if yes, can this be also configured in prosim? I've found a lot of topics regarding the pololu drivers in connection with the RSP throttle, but I can't find anything concerning the parking brake release and trim indication!

I would really apprecaite if someone could provide some help!

Thanks in andvance!

Best regards
Chris
dvincent

Re: RSP White Pro DC-Motors

Post by dvincent »

Hi Chris,
you sent me a PM, I guess 2 months ago, but I had forgotten this completely. Way to busy with our business.
I will check how I did the parking brake, I have the parking brake release working but I must recheck.
Regards,
Dirk

dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Hi Chris,

I have used Pololu JRK 12v12 DC controller cards for the DC motors, these are for the 2 Trust levers, 1 for the spoilers cq. speedbrake, 1 for the brake release. The DC motor for the brake release however is simply connected to a Pdigets relay card as it only has to turn briefly in 1 direction to move the handle that blocks the brake lever. The brake lever is then moved by the spring.
It is possible to use simply the DC motor for the brake release because the motor for the brake release is deactivated by the software when the brakes are released. I did test it because I wasn't sure about it.
I used the original DC motors as they were still functioning.
For the airspeed armed/disarmed I will use servo motors driven by a pololu maestro.
The switches are connected to a Phidgets 8/8. One of the Phidgets outputs is driving the relay card for the brake release.
Regards,
Dirk

chris50229

Post by chris50229 »

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your reply!!! It helped me a lot!

Regards
Chris
zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

Hi,
I have same TQ V1.7. What cards did you use to update it ? And is it possible with those cards to connect it to xplane as well ?
Thx,

Marc.
Mobo Z97M, cpu 4970K@4,4Ghz, ram 16GB, gpu 1080ti, hd 2xSSD Samsung, 1 WD 2TB, win10, Psu 800W, CP Flight MCP EL +2 x EFIS, full auto TQ RSPM, CDU V1 Engravity, OC com, nav modules, PFC yoke, homebuild OH, 2x48" HD led tv's.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

It's all in the post. You should use glasses :lol:
Regards,
Dirk

zinok2001

Post by zinok2001 »

Dirk,
You are absolutely right, but i was just wondering if he actually used those cards for upgrading ... :D
Mobo Z97M, cpu 4970K@4,4Ghz, ram 16GB, gpu 1080ti, hd 2xSSD Samsung, 1 WD 2TB, win10, Psu 800W, CP Flight MCP EL +2 x EFIS, full auto TQ RSPM, CDU V1 Engravity, OC com, nav modules, PFC yoke, homebuild OH, 2x48" HD led tv's.
danibuetz

Post by danibuetz »

dvincent wrote:Hi Chris,

I have used Pololu JRK 12v12 DC controller cards for the DC motors, these are for the 2 Trust levers, 1 for the spoilers cq. speedbrake, 1 for the brake release. The DC motor for the brake release however is simply connected to a Pdigets relay card as it only has to turn briefly in 1 direction to move the handle that blocks the brake lever. The brake lever is then moved by the spring.
It is possible to use simply the DC motor for the brake release because the motor for the brake release is deactivated by the software when the brakes are released. I did test it because I wasn't sure about it.
I used the original DC motors as they were still functioning.
For the airspeed armed/disarmed I will use servo motors driven by a pololu maestro.
The switches are connected to a Phidgets 8/8. One of the Phidgets outputs is driving the relay card for the brake release.
I am thinking about converting my rsp throttle with Pololu cards. Can you explain a little more how you handle the parking brake? I assume the relay opens when toe brakes are used and the motor is powered to move the brake lever to off position. But how to configure in prosim that relay switches? Are you using a gate? my toe brakes with potentiometers. Feedback appreciated
Daniel Switzerland

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

I use a dc motor to release the parking brake. That is possible because the system stops sending a release-command when the parking brake is released. Thus no fear that that dc motor would keep running.
Regards,
Dirk

danibuetz

Post by danibuetz »

use a dc motor to release the parking brake. That is possible because the system stops sending a release-command when the parking brake is released. Thus no fear that that dc motor would keep running.
Dirk - Today I was finally able to test your suggestion reagarding the praking brake for an RSP throttle. But no luck . So I hooked up 12 V power supply via a phidgets relay card and assigned the relay to the gate parking brake release in Prosim. I did not connect a motor yet. Instead I used a voltmeter. What I found is that the gate is acting like a switch correspondenting with the actual brake switch. Depending on which side of the relay I connect the power I have either 12 V when the Parking switch in prosim is on or off. But I could not find a solution where there is only briefly power when pressing the pedals to release the parking brake. It just switches the relay. What am I doing wrong?
Daniel

Return to “Revolution Simproducts (RSP) / Jetstream / CAT-III”