Reversers

cbruce

Reversers

Post by cbruce »

My revsim TQ has its 2 reversers configured in prosim under TQ/levers, but I note that the reversers are just on or off, there are no values in between (same in fsuipc). This is different from the real thing which has a first detente (interlock) when the reverser sleeve opens on the motor but it is still operating in idle.

The problem with being on/off is that it make s mess of landings. After you land and apply reverse thrust all is ok, but as soon as you switch off rev thrust (off) it jumps into fwd thrust and, given it has not had time to get down to idle (which is one purpose point of the interlock), you get a surge forward. This is precisely why pilots are trained on the 737 to put the reverser down to interlock until the motor gets to idle, then off completely.

How is everyone dealing with this with thei revsims?

Best
Charles
Charles
stephanev

Re: Reversers

Post by stephanev »

Same issue here, if anyone has a workaround that would be nice.

Thanks.
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

i got a reply from Oral that only TQs version 2.5 and after have pots instead of switches. Unfortunately with switches it is just rev off or on, which is what I have

One thing I am not sure of is, if you do have pots and calibrate the 4 positions as per the real 737, ie:
- Rev off
- Interlock (motor at idle but eng sleeves open)
- 70% thrust rev
- 100% thrust rev

does the prosim latest flight model work with these 4 settings? For example, can you assign rev idle, 70% in the prosim flight model software or is it also just off and 100% ?

Reason I ask is that, if prosim flight model does work as per the real like this, I will spend the time to get some pots in my TQ, otherwise not worth it

Best
Charles
Charles
stephanev

Post by stephanev »

Thanks for your feedback.
I have v2 of the RSP TQ.

I used to have pots for the reverse levers in my non motorized FSC throttle and this worked well. For example if you position the reverse levers half the reverse power is set to half in Prosim. And going from full reverse to 0 was progressive not like with the switch system.
I can't remember if my calibration was done through FSUIPC or Prosim but I guess both work equally.

In case you are upgrading to pots can I please ask you to post pictures ?

Thanks.
Stephane
cbruce

Post by cbruce »

Thanks for the info, will post pics, I am not sure when I will get around to it though
Best
Charles
Charles

Return to “Revolution Simproducts (RSP) / Jetstream / CAT-III”