tq informations

gufau

tq informations

Post by gufau »

Hello,
I am looking for information concerning the tqs of B737 from the years 2014, motorized
Indeed, I am interested in one of them which is currently offered for sale but without real information
I would like to know what are their technical characteristics, their reliability ...
Guy
W10 pro, i7 3770, 1070, ssd, MIP:Simworld frame/gauge + MIP 737 SE/CF MCP pro + EFIS pro + Cautions, OH: Sismo, Pedestal: CP, TQ: FSC non-motorisé, CDU: FDS
dvincent

Re: tq informations

Post by dvincent »

A question for Cockpitsonic I would say.
Regards,
Dirk

Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Not entirely, Dirk. Questions about technical characteristics, probably yes. But about reliability, Cockpitsonic would never say that the quality of the potentiometer for the flaps lever is below the other ones and will break after 100h of use (it's only an example, probably not the truth).

Olivier
Olivier
To serve Science, and this is my joy !
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Aahh...
I thought he asked for the Tech specs. That's why I mentioned Cockpitsonic ofcourse.
Reviews or things like that is indeed a user matter but I we have seen pro & contra discussions after such questions...
If however we know that a certain manufacturer or store is not reliable then we post comments :lol:
Regards,
Dirk

Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Absolutely ;)
Olivier
To serve Science, and this is my joy !
gufau

Post by gufau »

Yes, at first I wanted to know the technical aspects of this tq, especially in relation to the different types of engines used.
Well, I got to know that it was a servomotor for all engines: throtle, SB, trim wheel. The wheel is not connected, it just gives "feedback".
It is also advisable to take care not to manually turn the wheel or to manually operate the throtles/SB, finally all that concerns the servos.

Now it's true that I would appreciate chatting with someone who had this tq to have their feelings :mrgreen:

Guy
W10 pro, i7 3770, 1070, ssd, MIP:Simworld frame/gauge + MIP 737 SE/CF MCP pro + EFIS pro + Cautions, OH: Sismo, Pedestal: CP, TQ: FSC non-motorisé, CDU: FDS
joakimmoe

Post by joakimmoe »

Hi Guy,

I own a Cockpitsonic motorised TQ- the "all metal version" - mine is from 2011 though, but I am quite sure they are identical

I had a few issues shortly after buying it, with some small screws coming loose inside of the unit, and the parking brake light was wired the wrong way around, and not working... and generally there was and probably still is not too much information on the unit(s) out there - Cockpitsonic back then wasn't replying any of my emails, calls etc... and I of cause had to wait 7 months for it too arrive... the same old story, but it did arrive at the end :)
I have taken the TQ apart a few times, and tightened the screws, and fixed the parking brake light, and since, it has actually worked quite well. I have modified mine with the flap gates at positions 1 and 15 + changed a few buttons to more realistic ones + switch guards etc... the only problem I have had in recent years is, that the lowest part of the backlighting (flap settings 30 and 40) have stopped working, but I'm sure it can easily be fixed.
The unit is all servo driven, and no slipcluth or similar installed, so you cannot move the levers while powered but apart from that it is a fine TQ

I just got my hands on a CFY V4 Pro TQ, so will probably put mine for sale soon as well

Cheers

Joakim

Return to “Cockpitsonic”