Matrix Orbital Win 10

flatdog

Matrix Orbital Win 10

Post by flatdog »

I am rebuilding my cockpit with a new Win 10 based server. I have run into a problem getting my Matrix Orbital display in the Electrical Panel working (it was working fine on my old machine). Does anyone know if there are any drivers for Win 10? I cannot seem to find any.

Many thanks,

Philip
flatdog

Re: Matrix Orbital Win 10

Post by flatdog »

A bit more information on this as I still have not found a solution.

The display is a Matrix Orbital VFD 2041. It is powered by a separate 5V power supply. It worked perfectly in ProSim under Windows 7 but I cannot get it to work with Windows 10. The display is showing the Matrix Orbital logo but in ProSim where it shows the Matrix Orbital driver it shows "Error opening port: the COM port 0 does not exist"

Any ideas?

Regards,

Philip
flatdog

Post by flatdog »

If someone could confirm that they have a Matrix Orbital display working with Windows 10 at least I would know that I am not wasting my time.

Thank you.
Hakkie

Post by Hakkie »

Well I guess so far nobody that read your question is using it. I don't have it and don't know how it is interfaced to Prosim. Did you ask for a driver at the manufacturer site? Did you try the Windows 7 32/64-bit (your OS version) driver? Most of the time that simply works.
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)
Click HERE for my flightsimulator info
flatdog

Post by flatdog »

Finally sorted this out - the RS232 to USB cable that I was using was not compatible with Win 10. Bought new cable from UGeen and all now working.

Return to “Matrix Orbital”