Sismo MIP hardware

Moderator: TechDep_Sismo

bluesman1

Sismo MIP hardware

Post by bluesman1 »

Just a quick question. I have some Sismo MIP gear like landing gear and flaps gauge with servo
Captains six pack, recall and such. I am thinking of buying the Auto Brake and was wondering
if the ethernet cards by Sismo is the way to go? This would just about finish my MIP but, need
to hear from someone here that is using this stuff. This will be my first attempt at wiring a
card and getting it to work. As a side note I have a Sismo SST so this is guiding my decision.

Thanks
Mike Stout
TechDep_Sismo

Re: Sismo MIP hardware

Post by TechDep_Sismo »

Hello Mr Stout,

In order to use the Sismo configuration for your modules and benefit from the native connection with ProSim, you will need to buy the baseplate for the CAIP and CEIP. This would perhaps be the best option for you as you already have many of our products. Please get in touch if you have any questions about this.

Best regards,
Thomas Lee
Thomas Lee
gufau

Post by gufau »

Hi,

I myself made the choice of Sismo for this connection via ethernet. This assumes better processing speed, a reduction of the USB buses which are factors of various bugs ...
I am very satisfied with this functionality and the baseplates are synchronized with Prosim, no major worries for the config ... once we understand the logic in place.
Here is my point of view

Guy
W10 pro, i7 3770, 1070, ssd, MIP:Simworld frame/gauge + MIP 737 SE/CF MCP pro + EFIS pro + Cautions, OH: Sismo, Pedestal: CP, TQ: FSC non-motorisé, CDU: FDS
frantzy

Post by frantzy »

Mike I am just slightly ahead of you - had the SST casings for a while then recently added the components and baseplates.

The baseplates and their wiring were well labeled and made connecting everything easy, and then after a little learning curve (I’m brand new to ProSim) it has been very straightforward. I’m not sure how long ago the SISMO drivers were integrated into ProSim the way they are now but it feels pretty seemless.

With perfect hindsight it would have been easier to buy the fully assembled MIP, but this way allowed me to learn how the insides work and gain some experience with an incremental financial investment.

The ethernet connection has been wonderful and after cautiously approaching my MIP buildout, I’m going full speed ahead to replace my extensive GoFlight USB collection of modules with the Plug & Fly SISMO Overheads and Pedestals. (GoFlight driver development has been stagnant for years, and combined with USB 2.0 to 3.0 changes and Windows power management of the interface, I’ve struggled with USB. Not to mention the cord clutter).

SISMO documentation is extensive but I struggled in two ways: it was clearly written by folks for whom English was a second language, so sometimes hard to follow. I may be wrong but I noticed sections & supplements that seem to have been improved and clarified. Also I found some parts as a new buyer are outdated, referring to steps no longer necessary. But now I realize cockpit builders span a wide range of sim platforms & versions, avionics suites and versions, and hardware generations. So something not applicable to me is still current to other customers.

Thankfully, their in-person support has been fabulous. Due to my timezone difference, I have been in the habit of emailing a list of questions before I go to bed, and when I wake up, I have their detailed, friendly, accurate reply in my inbox. (Unlike some of the original documentation, the emails are perfectly understandable immediately).

Hopefully that helps!

Mike Frantz
Main PC i7-8086K GTX1080Ti + GTX970 65” TV + 3 monitors PC2: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Hardware SISMO MIP MCP EFIS Pedestal FWD AFT OH AGRONN Yoke / Rudder CFY v4 Gold Plus Throttle FDS E-Series CDU Simquip Tiller
bluesman1

Post by bluesman1 »

Frantzy and Gufay, I thank you for your helpful information. I think I can go forward
with my purchases and feel like like I maybe do the wiring. I hope you don't mind if I
ask some questions form time to time.

Thanks again
Mike Stout

g
bluesman1

Post by bluesman1 »

Hi Guys, well I bought the Sismo ethernet cards and have wired up all my modules. The Sismo tutorial I saw on YouTube made it look very easy and
it went smooth. I am sure I have it right but, I cant tell just yet because I cant find the page where I can test my hardware as shown in the tutorial.

The second tutorial I watched was the one where you CMD prompt to find the ethernet address. I found it and pasted it in the web browser and
would bring up the page where you could config the MIP for ProSim. I did as instructed and only found a list of hundreds of address's. So there
is something I am missing there as well.

I have some additional questions regarding wiring the landing gear and back lighting because there is no EDC cable for that. I think that can wait
though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mike Stout
frantzy

Post by frantzy »

Hi Mike S.

I had an issue the Sismo folks helped figure out for me - my windows firewall was blocking me from seeing the electronic baseplate using the instructions. When I configured it to allow the software to communicate I was able to continue the configuration.

What do you see in the SC Pascal main page? Your MB with a 4 digit number, or zeros?

Mike F
Main PC i7-8086K GTX1080Ti + GTX970 65” TV + 3 monitors PC2: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 Hardware SISMO MIP MCP EFIS Pedestal FWD AFT OH AGRONN Yoke / Rudder CFY v4 Gold Plus Throttle FDS E-Series CDU Simquip Tiller
bluesman1

Post by bluesman1 »

I downloaded pascal and it would not open due to missing Dll files. That's when I called it a day.
I will try and redownload the pascal file again and see if I can open it. I am using a laptop so I
could see if my modules are working. Would I be better off putting the modules in the MIP and
use the ProSim computer? I am going to get to work on it now and see where If I get the pascal
file working I will check the numbers as you said.

Thanks for the help Mike

Mike Stout
bluesman1

Post by bluesman1 »

Do I need the ethernet modem if I only run one ethernet cable from my CAIP card to the computer?

Thanks
Mike Stout
frantzy

Post by frantzy »

I may be out of my depth here but my PC has one ethernet port, so in order to connect the PC to the web I have my PC and the CAIP card plugged into an ethernet switch, which connects to my network router and then the modem.

My 2nd sim PC plus (enroute) CDU, Overheads, and Pedestal cards will also connect into the switch.

Edit: Oh - duh - I think you're using a laptop so perhaps wifi connection to the web. My PC2 is a Surface but I run it via ethernet.

Return to “Sismo Soluciones”