Overhead Switch Position?

idj4

Overhead Switch Position?

Post by idj4 »

Hi All.

I'm currently wiring a FWD OH, with OC hardware. The first few switch inputs ( 0 - 8 ) are the lights panel. Here is the script line for the Left Retractable landing light.

Var 1125, name LIGHT_RECTR_L, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 5, Input 0 // Lights Retractable left: OFF

In SIOC monitor, a switches status is ON (green) or OFF (white).

Does the script line mean the switch has to be physically in the OFF position, so that it's ON (green) in SIOC monitor? This means the switch is ACTIVE when the retractable light is turned OFF. I would of thought it should be the other way, where the switch is ACTIVE (green in SIOC monitor) when the retractable light is turned ON.

Many Thanks.
Simulation will never give you airport delays or late passengers :D

KEEP WELL ... Ian
Bazbeaumont

Re: Overhead Switch Position?

Post by Bazbeaumont »

Hi Ian,
You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green

Cheers
Ron B

idj4

Re: Overhead Switch Position?

Post by idj4 »

Bazbeaumont wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 13:35 Hi Ian,
You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green

Cheers
Hi Ron

Thanks for your reply. I thought it should be the way you said.

Just wanted to make sure, but the OFF at the end of the script line, made me wonder if it's the other way round. Never been able to understand SIOC scripts. :lol:

Many Thanks.
Simulation will never give you airport delays or late passengers :D

KEEP WELL ... Ian

Return to “Opencockpits”