Overhead Switch Position?

idj4

Overhead Switch Position?

Post by idj4 »

Hi All.

I'm currently wiring a FWD OH, with OC hardware. The first few switch inputs ( 0 - 8 ) are the lights panel. Here is the script line for the Left Retractable landing light.

Var 1125, name LIGHT_RECTR_L, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 5, Input 0 // Lights Retractable left: OFF

In SIOC monitor, a switches status is ON (green) or OFF (white).

Does the script line mean the switch has to be physically in the OFF position, so that it's ON (green) in SIOC monitor? This means the switch is ACTIVE when the retractable light is turned OFF. I would of thought it should be the other way, where the switch is ACTIVE (green in SIOC monitor) when the retractable light is turned ON.

Many Thanks.
Simulation will never give you airport delays or late passengers :D

KEEP WELL ... Ian
Bazbeaumont

Re: Overhead Switch Position?

Post by Bazbeaumont »

Hi Ian,
You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green

Cheers
Ron B

idj4

Post by idj4 »

Bazbeaumont wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 13:35 Hi Ian,
You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green

Cheers
Hi Ron

Thanks for your reply. I thought it should be the way you said.

Just wanted to make sure, but the OFF at the end of the script line, made me wonder if it's the other way round. Never been able to understand SIOC scripts. :lol:

Many Thanks.
Simulation will never give you airport delays or late passengers :D

KEEP WELL ... Ian
tyfoonbe

Post by tyfoonbe »

hello in sioc

// + ancbd means a comment for the var
you can specify it as you like depends of your wiring
BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing »

idj4 wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 14:07
Bazbeaumont wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 13:35 You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green
Just wanted to make sure, but the OFF at the end of the script line, made me wonder if it's the other way round. Never been able to understand SIOC scripts. :lol:
Well. As Bazbeaumont mentions you would normally do your wiring so a signal is send when the switch is on = Green light in SIOC-monitor when the switch is in the on position.

However.

Code: Select all

Var 1125, name LIGHT_RECTR_L, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 5, Input 0 // Lights Retractable left: OFF
This indicates that in prosim you have configured the OFF position of the retractable light to be triggered when a signal is send through the switch. That is the opposite of what the two of you agreed upon in the previous post. ;)

If [Input 0] lights green in SIOC Monitor when the switch if OFF on the overhead panel then everything is fine.
If it lights up when the switch is in the ON position you need to configure the [Lights Retractable left: ON] in Prosim Config - and mark the [Lights Retractable left: OFF] as "Not connected" in Prosim config.

I hope this makes sense.

On a totally somewhat different note: You should consider using SIOC Direct. What way you can interface without the SIOC script. That is a whole lot easier.
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com Tailnumber: LN-RGB
Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont »

BuildABoeing wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 14:41
idj4 wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 14:07
Bazbeaumont wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 13:35 You would wire the switch so that when it is OFF the light in SIOC Monitor is OFF, then when you move the switch to the ON position the light will go green
Well. As Bazbeaumont mentions you would normally do your wiring so a signal is send when the switch is on = Green light in SIOC-monitor when the switch is in the on position.

However.

Code: Select all

This indicates that in prosim you have configured the OFF position of the retractable light to be triggered when a signal is send through the switch. That is the opposite of what the two of you agreed upon in the previous post. ;)

If [Input 0] lights green in SIOC Monitor when the switch if OFF on the overhead panel then everything is fine.
If it lights up when the switch is in the ON position you need to configure the [Lights Retractable left: ON] in Prosim Config - and mark the [Lights Retractable left: OFF] as "Not connected" in Prosim config.

I hope this makes sense.

On a totally somewhat different note: You should consider using SIOC Direct. What way you can interface without the SIOC script. That is a whole lot easier.
Peter,
You are a bit late to the party, the post was made almost 2 weeks ago.

Anyway what I said is correct, what you decipher from OC's script can be misleading.
It actually makes no difference on which way the liitle light in SIOC Monitor works as long as you have the switch correctly wired, i.e up is OFF, down is ON.
The state at [input 0] will go from 0 when it is OFF to 1 when it is ON.
I for one, have never used their scripts as they are full of inaccuracies, I write my own. Not only that my switches are connected through a Bodnar BBI-32, much simpler than using OC's cards.
Ron B

BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing »

Bazbeaumont wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 18:25 Peter,
You are a bit late to the party.
Story of my life. :lol:
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com Tailnumber: LN-RGB

Return to “Opencockpits”