Phidgets 1064 - speed brake auto deploy on Prosim v2

navymustang

Phidgets 1064 - speed brake auto deploy on Prosim v2

Post by navymustang »

I have a Phidgets 1064 that drives my speed brake auto deploy and trim wheels.

The trim wheels are working fine, but I can't seem to get the speed brake to auto deploy from the armed position. I have set the controller (motor 0) as the output for the config entry for the speed brake auto deploy. But nothing happens upon landing. Anyway to test this within Prosim without setting up for a landing each time?

I have tested the speedbrake using the Phidgets controller and both speed and acceleration works fine.

What am I doing wrong? :)

Thanks
navymustang

Re: Phidgets 1064 - speed brake auto deploy on Prosim v2

Post by navymustang »

Additional information. The Trim Wheel has three entries in the Prosim config. Under Gate, there is Trim Motor Up, and Trim Motor Down. Then there is also a Numerical entry for Trim Motor Value. In my set up all three have to point to the Phidgets card Motor Output 1 to get the trim wheels to turn.

Under Speed Brake there is only the Gate entry. There is not a Trim Motor Value entry. Could this be an issue?
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Hello,
did you look for the speedbrake under config/levers too ? ;)
Regards,
Dirk

navymustang

Post by navymustang »

Yes of course and my speed brake works perfect - when I move it manually.

The levers function only reads position which is not used in the auto-deploy or retract function. I even tried using the Dome Light switch on the aft overhead to set a gate value to fire off the Phidgets card. Still nothing. SO it is not a problem with the entry in SpeedBrake. II am still convinced Prosim needs to pas additional data to the motor controller to get it to move, as in the trim wheels.

THanks
navymustang

Post by navymustang »

Just ran this test:
Changed my Trim Motor output values to the output for the Speed Brake lever.
Then pressed the trim button.

Sure enough the speed brake handle extended. Also monitored the Trim Motor Value and it goes from 0 to 1 or -1 depending on the direction you press the trim button.

So it seems to confirm that Prosim needs to implement a Speed Brake Motor Value in the same way as they did for the Trim Motor in order to pass sufficient data to the Phiodgets card to drive the motor.

I would love feedback from Prosim as to the feasibility of getting this into a release over the next few weeks or months.
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Could be indeed. I use Pololu and that was working if I'm right.
Regards,
Dirk

Return to “Phidgets”