737-700 visual model

JWS

Re: 737-700 visual model

Post by JWS »

Lapi wrote:
JWS wrote:But hey, there are many smart guys out there who can create a visual model. Why not run a contest and see who can come up with a (bit) better looking model. The winner will have the honour of having his model officially supported by ProSim (add a paintkit and Bob's your uncle). Just an idea.
Hi JWS,

The idea could work if it worked. But adapting the existing flight-model to a new shiny one would be a nightmare for me. Weeks of work unfortunately...

regards
Lapi
Well the idea was not for you adapting the flight model but somebody else creating a better looking visual model adapted to your flight model. But maybe I'm talking nonsense here.

Regards,
JWS
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

JWS wrote:Well the idea was not for you adapting the flight model but somebody else creating a better looking visual model adapted to your flight model. But maybe I'm talking nonsense here.
Unfortunately it is hardly possible. The visual model's contact points play a very important role how the dynamics behave. So a visual model is the first step.

regards
Lapi
dion73

Post by dion73 »

Hi Lapi,

I read about the importance of the contactpoints somewhere, why are these so important? I thought it had to do with the 'choice' of the initial reference point (0,0,0) from which the visual model is built in our 3D virtual world. since every 737 model should be more or less the same (or at least the larger or smaller size can be deducted form other versions) I thought that when this reference point is known, the new contact points can be recalculated... And what you are saying is that from there on the shit hits the fan in a mathematical way when it comes to rest of the flight characteristics? I mean, i am just curious :)

By the way i think the 700 FDE is a joy to fly. I just came crabbing into UK2000's EGNT runway 07 with a light crosswind and some turbulance (fully packed, 2 tonnes of fuel left & using Accufeel as well) and it really felt like the right kind of 3 degree glideslope. great fun :D

kind regards,
dion
JWS

Post by JWS »

Lapi wrote:
JWS wrote:Well the idea was not for you adapting the flight model but somebody else creating a better looking visual model adapted to your flight model. But maybe I'm talking nonsense here.
Unfortunately it is hardly possible. The visual model's contact points play a very important role how the dynamics behave. So a visual model is the first step.

regards
Lapi
But the contact points are the ones from the default model, right? So these are known. And even a skilled visual model builder you can't work backwards from those given points and build a better looking model around them? :geek: Let me guess; the answer is: no.

Regards,
JWS
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

JWS wrote:Let me guess; the answer is: no.
Sorry... the answer is a BIG no...

Lapi
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

dion73 wrote:And what you are saying is that from there on the shit hits the fan in a mathematical way when it comes to rest of the flight characteristics? I mean, i am just curious
If you have a look at the aircraft.cfg file and the [airplane_geometry] section the answer is obvious.

Lapi
europa345

Post by europa345 »

Hi

I think that all of us would be ready to pay for a visual model. I know that is really a big work to adapt a new model to the existing flight model

Another solution is that somebody addapt and existing external model like the old pmdg 737 or opensky and there were an unoficial aircraft cfg file. That you could use with that plane. This have a good thing that is that JEATSTREAM has not to pay for external model because is the customer who changes and edit the files to use with other bought software
For example before having jeatstream i made changes on the old pmdg software to be use with fsx
In this way JEATSTREAM will continue selling software and is the customer who changes the files

Just an idea

Miguel
Volante

Post by Volante »

Please deduct me from 'all of us'! I have absolutely no interest in stepping out of my cockpit when flying.
Neither am I willing to give up the excellent support of the Prosim team by messing with the complexity of something I have no knowledge about.
Vidar

Tapatalk on Android
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

I support Vidar in this. I don't have any intrest to sit on a wing and look at my plane. I just wanna fly the thing.
Paying for the next generation Prosim 2.xx is to be considered as normal but paying for an external model cq. view is not calculated in the budget of my virtual company :P :P
Regards,
Dirk

Lapi

Post by Lapi »

dvincent wrote:I support Vidar in this. I don't have any intrest to sit on a wing and look at my plane. I just wanna fly the thing.
Talking from my heart...
Anyway, the best solution for those who care for an external view would be to adapt a good flight-model for one of the existing planes (just as Miguel said) but unfortunately this would involve those always stepping out copyright issues, so who could be as silly as starting a venture like that? And those planes use internal routines for gear, flaps, etc. which would be the next cause of hue and cry...

In my sim I use the Jetstream model, and - no wonder - NO visual model whatsoever... I can spare - say - two frames by not having one, and because I use a 3 projected screen system in full HD, this is something, I mean the 2-3 frames, that I'd never give for the external view.
By the way, using the default FSX panel also takes a few frames, because of the ugly ND that constantly tries to update its stuff, even if invisible. Because of some custom made small software I need a few gauges being run in the background, so I use the FS9 737 gauges in FSX and that in itself again gives me a frame or two.

regards
Lapi

Return to “Jetstream AFM 737 700 FSX”