Visual Model insted of standard model

willow

Re: Visual Model insted of standard model

Post by willow »

Lapi wrote:
willow wrote:Why not use the PMDG 738 for FS9. This can be implemented to use with ProSim quite well. If you don't have the model, then try e-bay as there are many for sale at inexpensive prices. To retrofit for ProSim use, remove the flight model from the PMDG folders (panel folder).

WilloW,

For the Jetstream flight model indeed any visual model can be used (FS9 or FSX), but simply "removing" the original flight-model is not enough, it needs some serious tweaking here and there.
When someone merely changes the contact points is once again not enough, could work in lucky cases but the C/G will definitely be wrong, so planning will most probably result in false data.

regards
Lapi
Hi Lapi: I misread the original post. I thought the poster was asking about externals with ProSim. My mistake as he was asking about the JetStream.

I used the PMDG aircraft with ProSim for quite sometime without any notable issues, other than landing lights not working. I did not use the PMDG model with the JetStream or any part of the JetStream.

Sorry for any confusion caused - maybe one day I will learn to read, before diving in with a reply...... :shock:

Please DISREGARD what I have said as it is INCORRECT, WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
JWS

Post by JWS »

ruivers2 wrote:"Hej" går helt fint, Björn :)

This is the model I used from Flightsim.no ( I know yoy can find it at several sites dealing with FS freeware)

http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliot ... s/746.html

As far as I can see - no prøblem with the Jetstream model. It's just the visual tht is different.

Rune
I could be wrong but my guess is that this is a repaint for the Kittyhawk 737, which is not freeware.

Rgds,
JWS
captdave

Post by captdave »

willow wrote:
Lapi wrote:
willow wrote:Why not use the PMDG 738 for FS9. This can be implemented to use with ProSim quite well. If you don't have the model, then try e-bay as there are many for sale at inexpensive prices. To retrofit for ProSim use, remove the flight model from the PMDG folders (panel folder).

WilloW,

For the Jetstream flight model indeed any visual model can be used (FS9 or FSX), but simply "removing" the original flight-model is not enough, it needs some serious tweaking here and there.
When someone merely changes the contact points is once again not enough, could work in lucky cases but the C/G will definitely be wrong, so planning will most probably result in false data.

regards
Lapi
Hi Lapi: I misread the original post. I thought the poster was asking about externals with ProSim. My mistake as he was asking about the JetStream.

I used the PMDG aircraft with ProSim for quite sometime without any notable issues, other than landing lights not working. I did not use the PMDG model with the JetStream or any part of the JetStream.

Sorry for any confusion caused - maybe one day I will learn to read, before diving in with a reply...... :shock:

Please DISREGARD what I have said as it is INCORRECT, WilloW

I'm using the jetstream but i'm searching for a solution to have an external 737-800 with winglets model. Also with working lights.

For example: Momentary there are no working turn off light, no extendable landings lights, no logo lights and so on. The momentary light control i have is rudimentary and not working 100% with prosim.

Sorry for my bad english, but i hope you can understand what i mean.
Aussie123

Post by Aussie123 »

Hello All,

A FS9 (FS2004) user here. (We pop up occasionally.) I was wondering if Steve (Larrylynx) had a chance to develop an FS9 version of a 737 800 based on Jetstream? He mentioned it earlier in this thread that he would think about it when he had time. I was wondering if Steve could figure out how a flight Jetstream flight model could be developed/integrated into a Project Open Sky FS9 model?

The reason I mention it is the regular taxi, landing, turn off lighting effects I'd like to see from the cockpit. They don't look right in the bog standard 737-400 FS9 model. Luckily, I don't look/step outside the cockpit too often as the angles and contact points don't look right on the short AC. You know you are flying with winglets until you look outside and the illusion is gone :)

I have tried adding some of the 737-800 lighting effects from a Posky model to the config and they hang out in space not attached to the plane.

Cheers
willow

Post by willow »

Hi Canberra

have you thought about using the PMDG FS9 B737-800 flight model. The lights were quite good in this model. I used this model with very good success when I was using FS9 and then FSX running Sim Avionics, before I changed out to the ProSim737 and the JetStream. Best, WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)

Return to “Jetstream AFM 737 800 FS9”