Visual Model insted of standard model

captdave

Visual Model insted of standard model

Post by captdave »

Hello,

do anybody know if i can use an other model insted of the standard exterior model of the jetstream?

How can i install it? is there a fs9 model with all lights functioning?

what do you use for exterior models?
JWS

Re: Visual Model insted of standard model

Post by JWS »

Hi,

Well, this is a bit RTFF actually. There has been a lot of talk about an FSX model (See e.g.: http://prosim737.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4208). You will find that (alas :( ) there is no FS9 model except the standard 737(-400; that acts like a 737-800). :cry: :cry:

Rgds,
JWS

PS But one can of course use liveries for the default 737-400, but obviously they won't have winglets.
Last edited by JWS on 04 May 2013, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
captdave

Post by captdave »

OK ,that is pity. But thank you.
larrylynx

Post by larrylynx »

Now I feel really bad that I have not helped you stone age drivers :cry: :cry:

The FSX version is taking all my time at the moment, still got 18 liveries to go and improvements in the pipeline

One day I will try to help, honest I will. I have tried to port it over but FS9 is quite limiting in lots of ways and most of the model and textures will need to be re built from scratch

Steve
JWS

Post by JWS »

larrylynx wrote:Now I feel really bad that I have not helped you stone age drivers :cry: :cry:

Steve
Steve,

Let me make it clearly understood that there is absolutely no need whatsoever to feel bad at all. You already have been doing a lot in your own free time for ProSim users. I fully understand that FS9 has not the priority. I was very greatful for the fact that Lapi was kind enough to make the Jetstream model for FS9. Which was a major step. So, if there ever will be a yabadabadoo dino version ;), we'll see. It would definitely rock. :lol:

Rgds,
JWS
ruivers2

Post by ruivers2 »

I have a SAS B737-800 w/ winglets as a visual model on my FS9 Jetstream.
I just installed a freware model, and in the Jetstream config, just pointed to this model instead of the default B737-400.

Rune
saabpilot

Re: Sv: Visual Model insted of standard model

Post by saabpilot »

Hej (Hello) Rune,
Which freeware model did you use, and did it work ok with the Jetstream ??

Bjorn
Stockholm
I7 7700K@4.5, Nvidia 1070, 4x Esprimo I5 mini PC, Optoma HD proj, P3D v4.3, ORBX, RAAS Pro, ProATC-X, Buttkicker, CPF Pro MCP/EFIS, RSP motor TQ, OC v3 CDU, FDS Elite CDU
website = http://www.boeing737sim.se
willow

Post by willow »

Why not use the PMDG 738 for FS9. This can be implemented to use with ProSim quite well. If you don't have the model, then try e-bay as there are many for sale at inexpensive prices. To retrofit for ProSim use, remove the flight model from the PMDG folders (panel folder).

Just an idea, WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

willow wrote:Why not use the PMDG 738 for FS9. This can be implemented to use with ProSim quite well. If you don't have the model, then try e-bay as there are many for sale at inexpensive prices. To retrofit for ProSim use, remove the flight model from the PMDG folders (panel folder).

WilloW,

For the Jetstream flight model indeed any visual model can be used (FS9 or FSX), but simply "removing" the original flight-model is not enough, it needs some serious tweaking here and there.
When someone merely changes the contact points is once again not enough, could work in lucky cases but the C/G will definitely be wrong, so planning will most probably result in false data.

regards
Lapi
ruivers2

Post by ruivers2 »

"Hej" går helt fint, Björn :)

This is the model I used from Flightsim.no ( I know yoy can find it at several sites dealing with FS freeware)

http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliot ... s/746.html

As far as I can see - no prøblem with the Jetstream model. It's just the visual tht is different.

Rune

Return to “Jetstream AFM 737 800 FS9”