Engine spool up time

Themax

Engine spool up time

Post by Themax »

Hello,

First of all another big Thank you for this wonderful model ! :D

What I currently don't like about flying the jetstream is the spool up time of the engines at take off or during go around, etc. I don't have access to the sim now so I can't know how long it takes exactly but if you look at this real video from 1:55 it's very fast and actually way faster than in my fs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNqcEBePLH0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When my engines are stable at take off thrust, I'm at almost 80 knots already.

Anyone else noticing this difference or am I the only one ?

Is it Prosim that is sending the spool up command to fs and that controls the speed or is it in the aircraft itself ?

Thank you,

Maxime.
Lapi

Re: Engine spool up time

Post by Lapi »

Themax wrote:What I currently don't like about flying the jetstream is the spool up time of the engines at take off or during go around, etc. I don't have access to the sim now so I can't know how long it takes exactly but if you look at this real video from 1:55 it's very fast and actually way faster than in my fs
Maxime,

Although the engine spool-up time is dependent on many factors in the real situation (OAT, air-density, humidity, wear of the turbines, etc.), it is a known thing that FS tends to be a tiny bit slow on spooling. It's not the model, it is FS, but unless you deliberately watch the indicated spool-time on the EICAS, the effect, hence the end result remains the same.
Is it Prosim that is sending the spool up command to fs and that controls the speed or is it in the aircraft itself ?
FS does all that, however the model has a value to increase how rapidly the engines react to increased fuel flow, but a too high setting of that has other major disadvantages.

regards
Lapi

Return to “Jetstream AFM 737 800 FS9”