Flight model for MSFS2020!

Sudden81

Flight model for MSFS2020!

Post by Sudden81 »

@Lapi

In a earlier post you mentioned that you hade no problem implementing a flight model in MSFS2020, it was other stuff that was problem, as I understand it it hade more to do with Prosim interfacing the new sim. Any way what have you tested?

1) Have you tested to implement a flight model in to MSFS2020?

2) Could you get engines running?

3) Could you get it flying?

4) Could you get contact points to work?

5) Could you get lights to work?

6) If it is yes on 1 and 2 have you started manipulation of flight model characteristics. Can you get any way near P3D?

In general I think al of us are very interested of what you have tested and what you can confirm works and not. Because you are the only one developing the flight model what I know of.

If you have not tested any of this I think many are a bit disappointed and confused why this have not bin communicated in all this time.

Pleas shead som lights for all of us. Try to disregard that it is me that is writing?

Best regards Jacob Wiqvist
Pascalino

Re: Flight model for MSFS2020!

Post by Pascalino »

Hi Jacob,

I am also very interested in this topic as I was myself all time from day 1 into the ALPHA and BETA tester group of MSFS2020. All these times I were really wondering as if someone at Prosim are still working on this project or not.

The corona pandemic situation will of course have a strong influence on such project.

@LAPI: It would be really nice if you can share maybe a current PREVIEW on something how good the flight model will be 😎

Take care !

THE SKY IS CALLING !!!

Cheers

Pascal
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Lapi wrote:
Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:25 1) Have you tested to implement a flight model in to MSFS2020?
2) Could you get engines running?
3) Could you get it flying?
4) Could you get contact points to work?
5) Could you get lights to work?
6) If it is yes on 1 and 2 have you started manipulation of flight model characteristics. Can you get any way near P3D?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. Yes.
5. Not tested.
6. Needs a bit more detailed answer:

- The FS2020 flight model is mainly based on the FSX dynamic engine with some additional variables here and there.
- I think it can be possibly as good as FSX or P3D, IF the numbers do what they are supposed to do.
- If tables work the same, I might say it will be fine, but I had no opportunity to go that deep, due to other things that had to be done.
- The present obstacle for doing a good model is the test-phase though. A nice dynamic flight model needs hundreds of hours of testing, which is possible in FSX-P3D by changing numbers and then reloading the flight (situation) while the sim is running. At present it is not possible in FS2020, so closing and restarting the sim thousands of times makes it almost impossible to do a refined dynamic model. (or it would be possible but only your great grandchildren would see the result...)
Try to disregard that it is me that is writing?
I try to... :twisted:

P.S.: Don't worry about the plane and the flight model please. It will be ready way before the actual ProSim compatibility is achieved.

regards
Lapi
Grate news!

Exept number 3.

So it is not eaven possible to get it of the ground, regardless of prosim?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 18:45 So it is not eaven possible to get it of the ground, regardless of prosim?
Don't worry my young buddy, when the alarm clock starts ringing, it will be there.
(Just as a great secret for you to know, it's not even the 738, it is the A320...)
Animations are very different in 2020 and until those animated surfaces are defined, the A/C can not fly, that's why I didn't even try that.

But Pete is obviously right (as most of the times he is) and it wouldn't have been a bad idea to come up with an FSUIPC only version for testing purposes, even if radar and couple of other features would be missing.
But Humberto is extremely busy with v3, so I guess it will not happen.

regards
Lapi
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Lapi wrote:
Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 18:45 So it is not eaven possible to get it of the ground, regardless of prosim?
Don't worry my young buddy, when the alarm clock starts ringing, it will be there.
(Just as a great secret for you to know, it's not even the 738, it is the A320...)
Animations are very different in 2020 and until those animated surfaces are defined, the A/C can not fly, that's why I didn't even try that.

But Pete is obviously right (as most of the times he is) and it wouldn't have been a bad idea to come up with an FSUIPC only version for testing purposes, even if radar and couple of other features would be missing.
But Humberto is extremely busy with v3, so I guess it will not happen.

regards
Lapi
I don't know but this sounds realy good to me and give good hope for us all.

This answer was very informative, thank you for that.

Best regards Jacob Wiqvist

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
OmniAtlas

Post by OmniAtlas »

Lapi wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 19:38

regards
Lapi
Good to hear there is some progress with the ProSim A320 modelling in MS2020 Lapi; looking forward to the (beta) release

Cheers,

Ben
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Lapi,

I am wondering if what is being said here, is that there will only be an A320 flight model for MSFS 2020 and not a 738 flight model. If so, does this mean that all of us that have Cockpits built as 737's will not be able to use MSFS 2020 with Prosim. This would be quite devastating for those like myself that have spent so much money on Hardware for the 737. I know Prosim do not owe us anything in this respect but it would be upsetting all the same. If I am totally wrong with the way I am reading this, then I am sorry for asking this. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Bernie wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 01:48 I am wondering if what is being said here, is that there will only be an A320 flight model for MSFS 2020 and not a 738 flight model. If so, does this mean that all of us that have Cockpits built as 737's will not be able to use MSFS 2020 with Prosim. This would be quite devastating for those like myself that have spent so much money on Hardware for the 737. I know Prosim do not owe us anything in this respect but it would be upsetting all the same. If I am totally wrong with the way I am reading this, then I am sorry for asking this.
I don't know how you are reading such things into what Lapi has been saying. He's learning how to make models for MSFS, and just happened to pick the A320 to do this with. Why slow things down on that front by messing with two or three models at the same time? Get one fully working and the others become easier because you then know how to it all.

Pete
My System

Win10: 2004 build 19041.685
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that, yes I had the feeling I was reading this all wrong but when I saw the comment, I was not totally sure what was being said, hence the reason for asking. All good. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

What I am afraid of is that he will only be able to make legacy mode flight model because it is to complicated to make it in the new way, but rather that than nothing.

Return to “ProSimB738 - General discussion”