Prosim could be first with a 737 in MSFS2020!

Pete Dowson

Re: Prosim could be first with a 737 in MSFS2020!

Post by Pete Dowson »

Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 15:43 What seems to be the biggest problems with the SDK at this point? What is missing
1. The SDK lists most of the KEY EVENTS that FSX provided (none added since by L-M of course), but unfortunately many simply do nothing.
2. Most of the controls you can assign in the MSFS assignments are just not exposed to applications.
3. There's no access for applications to any weather data.
4. There's no access to viewing and panning actions for applications.
5. Loading and saving flights and plans is not controllable by applications -- flights save via the SimConnect interface are not compatible with MSFS flight loading.

Currently the biggest problem, though, is that running ANY SimConnect application wrecks MSFS performance, halving the FPS or worse and causing bad stuttering.

Those, off the top of my head, are the biggest ones. SimConnect is a work in progress in MSFS and quite honestly has been pretty neglected throughout MSFS development so far. The priorities seem to have been on the graphics, and adding many aircraft. We have been pushing for fixes in the above areas, so far with not that much effect. Hopefully that changes now that the pressure, presumably imposed by the money people above, should be off getting the product out of the door.

Pete
My System

Win10: 2004 build 19041.685
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

1, 2 must be a big problem for ProSim.

3, 4, 5 I fairly confident that anyone on the prosim forum could live with out for some time if they get the rest to work.

Meaning, if users of ProSim get a 737 that they can program via the FMS and fly with MCP they will be quite happy with that for some time. Rather then nothing in a year.

Best practices would be a voting. If 50% say they can live with out wether radar and saving flights. Then prosim know, users know what they can expect, and every one is happy 😜😂... Ok not everyone. You know what I mean.

The same with version 3.0. I am happy I can play with a new toy and can't complain only report bugs.
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:03 Meaning, if users of ProSim get a 737 that they can program via the FMS and fly with MCP they will be quite happy with that for some time. Rather then nothing in a year.
Don't know where you get a year from.

Project Magenta (sorry I'll wash my mouth out) users have it working, but them PM's interface is 100% FSUIPC. Evidently there ARE enough controls working for such things. I was surprised by the reports -- we haven't really been able to test every control adequately (there are hundreds) and a lot more appear to be working than in the Betas.

Pete
My System

Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Pete Dowson wrote:
Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:03 Meaning, if users of ProSim get a 737 that they can program via the FMS and fly with MCP they will be quite happy with that for some time. Rather then nothing in a year.
Don't know where you get a year from.

Project Magenta (sorry I'll wash my mouth out) users have it working, but them PM's interface is 100% FSUIPC. Evidently there ARE enough controls working for such things. I was surprised by the reports -- we haven't really been able to test every control adequately (there are hundreds) and a lot more appear to be working than in the Betas.

Pete
One year is only my personal preference. That I don't want to wayt longer than that.

Say what. Dose ProjectMagenta already have it working?

When you say every control do you mean with prosim or project magenta?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:30 Say what. Dose ProjectMagenta already have it working?
I only glean that from feedback from PM users.
Neither, of course. Not tested every control in MSFS.

Pete
My System

Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Pete Dowson wrote:
Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 17:30 Say what. Dose ProjectMagenta already have it working?
I only glean that from feedback from PM users.
Neither, of course. Not tested every control in MSFS.

Pete
One question that comes to mind is. Have Microsoft reached out to you or the other way around?

What answers do you get then?

Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 15:37
Saldo wrote:At this moment I am happy not to have purchased MSFS yet as it has multiple flaws and issues.

Many experience stutters and multiple airports, like Stuttgart, do not exist and their pr terrain has been blurred to mask it.
GA aircraft are good to fly but with jetliners issues already with higher settings.
Alpha and beta testers find the sim has been released to soon.
But MS wanted it that way.

Also the SDK is a software in development...

Flying with P3Dv5 is very good and when MSFS gets updated and more stable with better jetliner performance I will purchase it and try it
I totaly respect that, but you then are among very few. Everyone at lest 90% love it.

Evan thow it have som flaws!

Glad you like it. But take a look at the Avsim MSFS forum and the official MSFS forum and you will come to the conclusion that it is way less than your guessed 90%.

Any city that’s modeled below 500ft you can see trees and all sort of stuff protruding from every building on every street,
NYC look like a scary nightmare, allot of mesh issue we cannot fix, night lighting also has issues, it looks nice from 2500ft and above, at 500 you will be flying below most street lights,

Let me wait till it becomes a sim and is not a game anymore.
Regards,

Gerard
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Saldo wrote:
Sudden81 wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 15:37
Saldo wrote:At this moment I am happy not to have purchased MSFS yet as it has multiple flaws and issues.

Many experience stutters and multiple airports, like Stuttgart, do not exist and their pr terrain has been blurred to mask it.
GA aircraft are good to fly but with jetliners issues already with higher settings.
Alpha and beta testers find the sim has been released to soon.
But MS wanted it that way.

Also the SDK is a software in development...

Flying with P3Dv5 is very good and when MSFS gets updated and more stable with better jetliner performance I will purchase it and try it
I totaly respect that, but you then are among very few. Everyone at lest 90% love it.

Evan thow it have som flaws!

Glad you like it. But take a look at the Avsim MSFS forum and the official MSFS forum and you will come to the conclusion that it is way less than your guessed 90%.

Any city that’s modeled below 500ft you can see trees and all sort of stuff protruding from every building on every street,
NYC look like a scary nightmare, allot of mesh issue we cannot fix, night lighting also has issues, it looks nice from 2500ft and above, at 500 you will be flying below most street lights,

Let me wait till it becomes a sim and is not a game anymore.
Have to check.

Gothenburg is realy good at least.

Normally we don't fly that low but you want everything to be good anyway.

Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Just a note :

At this moment MSFS does not support multiple views, only stretching the main view over 2-3 displays.
The view then will be stretched at the outer sides (fisheye effect).

MSFS needs the view undock feature for views and the fisheye correction feature like P3Dv4/5 have.

Till that moment it won’t be very interesting for cockpit builders..,,
Regards,

Gerard
JWS

Post by JWS »

Saldo wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 07:36 Just a note :

At this moment MSFS does not support multiple views, only stretching the main view over 2-3 displays.
The view then will be stretched at the outer sides (fisheye effect).

MSFS needs the view undock feature for views and the fisheye correction feature like P3Dv4/5 have.

Till that moment it won’t be very interesting for cockpit builders..,,
+1

Return to “ProSimB738 - General discussion”