Fligth Model V1.13 problem all ligth

cloudbase

Re: Fligth Model V1.13 problem all ligth

Post by cloudbase »

HI,

MSFS2020.WU11, Prosim B738 FM v1.14 is now out, my lights seem to work fine except for the retractable and fixed light switches are swapped over otherwise the taxi, logo, collision light seem to be fine, I am using the latest beta but a friend says he has logo lights issues even with v1.14, so I dont know what is going on.

I found the MSFS2020 update reset all my control settings so make sure to go into MSFS2020 and turn all MSFS native controls OFF and allow prosim to do everything,

also try simconnect and FSUIPC (latest version) mode and see if that helps.

just my 5c worth

David
Last edited by cloudbase on 24 Nov 2022, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Win10, P3D5.3/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PS738v3.21b17_1.56/2.05, vPilot, FDS:FMC/MIP/Radios, CPFlight:MCPPRO3.Ethernet/EFIS, OPENCOCKPITS:FWDOVHD, AS-P3D,PFPX, SimBrief, TOPCAT, +MSFS2020/PS Model1.08, Simconnect/FSUIPC7
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Hakkie wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 14:54 Isn't the 'FSUIPC support' option in the Drivers tab ment for this? To be honest, I never really understood the relationship between the general FSUIPC Mode and the 'FSUIPC support' option.
Hi, to clarify a few things.

Connection to the simulator can be done using Simconnect or FSUIPC.
This means that prosim will communicate and interact with the simulator with FSUIPC or Simconnect. When selecting FSUIPC most of interactions are fsuipc based, but there are some simconnect communication(you can see that as secondary in prosim system window). Simconnect is used for weather, tcas/traffic injection, module communication, and a few more things.
When using simconnect, everything is simconnect based, except the transponder control to allow backwards compatibility to IVAO/VATSIM clients. And in here there is no secondary connection, but FSUIPC driver support will be used for this to prevent 2 fsuipc connections.

You also have FSUIPC as driver. This one has nothing to do with the simulator connection (they are independent, you can have fsuipc as simlink, but fsuipc driver disabled and vice versa), but with hardware. Some older hardware vendors were using fsuipc to connect their hardware. If your hardware requires fsuipc for assignments, then you need the FSUIPC driver to make the assignments. Like mobiflight base hardware. In this case it is easier to use fsuipc to connect to the harwdare.

Due to the infinite combination of hardware, it is not easy to say which one is best. The future is Simconnect, but some hardware still requires FSUIPC to work properly.

And please do not ask me which mode is better. As explained above, each simulator is a different simulator...
Humberto Miguel
Hakkie

Post by Hakkie »

Thanks for clearing up!
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)
Click HERE for my flightsimulator info
Giosue

Post by Giosue »

so…..how can we use the new flight model 1.14 with FSUIPC?
Regards
Giosue
wpslider

Post by wpslider »

Giosue wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 13:48 so…..how can we use the new flight model 1.14 with FSUIPC?
Regards
Giosue
It will work, but we recommend Simconnect.
But keep in mind that future is Simconnect.
Humberto Miguel
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Giosue wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 13:48 so…..how can we use the new flight model 1.14 with FSUIPC?
Regards
Giosue
Have a read here viewtopic.php?p=163431#p163431 a new model is out. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “ProSimB738 - General discussion”