Re: Prosim737 and FS2020

Post by eiketre »

NAX wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 08:30
Eiketre: Du høres veldig norsk ut...
Det stemmer...
NAX

Post by NAX »

Getting there and had a little testflight earlier today.
CDU and MCP not playing along yet, so flight was entirely VFR. Hopefully it will be able to be run so I can finally have a VATSIM flight again soon
----------------------
Norway
NAX

Post by NAX »

All hardware up and connected, but cannot get my TQ motorized. I blame this on my OC DCMotors cards, not PS.
Tried flying after MSXX SU5, but leveled flight is VERY unstable. Aircraft is woobeling along the straight path, but would not like to be a passenger on that ride...

Is there a list of whats supposed to not yet work?

Regarding eyepoint, I'm about 10 8 ft to high on default, but this can be adjusted.
Is there any plan to update the ps738 model? It's been several generations of MSXX updates since model release.
----------------------
Norway
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Hi

Just an update to my previous answer:

I have been very excited about msfs2020, and I still am. But I believe the platform turns more and more towards a xbox game than a platform for serious flight simulators. (In the community one of the top wishes are implementation of cirrus clouds..(!?) ).
Perhaps Microsoft will make a “professional” version in the future and make it ready for multiple screens.
I will still use and test all ProSim updates with msfs2020, but for general flying, I am now back with Prepar3d. Overall I think Prepar3d are much better and has all the key elements for a professional platform.
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Here I fly MSFS only since 4 months.
The outside world just looks so much more realistic than in P3Dv5 and I have photo reaal scenery + custom AG + custom objects in P3Dv5.
Also the FPS in MSFS is higher.

First I had a lot of CTD’s but the moment I stopped using the Prosim Module for MSFS none of them anymore.
I know that I do not have working ac lights but 90% of my flights are during daytime.

I have no ILS issues ; landing I do by hand, which is a challenge as the ac tends to rock left/right but I am getting the hang of it.
Fuelburn is off, so I set it to 25% lower than in P3Dv5.

Overall I have a more flying feeling using MSFS than using P3Dv5.
Regards,

Gerard
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Saldo wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 06:48

I have 180dg curved screen with three projectors. msfs2020 has some amazing graphics, but it need to support multiple screens.
I never had any stability issues with msfs2020, and the fps are high with ultra settings (1080p).

In additon to the missing multiple screen support, u can't do IFR minimums training, and there are still no turbulence. It's like flying on rails.
The flightmodel in Prepar3d gives me the feeling of flying the real aircraft. It is very accurate.

When these items are implemented on msfs2020 then it is ready.

Btw: I've seen other companies now delivers tech. solutions for streaming the entire world for simulations. Perhaps p3d will do this in the future too..?
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

eiketre wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 07:44
Saldo wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 06:48

I have 180dg curved screen with three projectors. msfs2020 has some amazing graphics, but it need to support multiple screens.
I never had any stability issues with msfs2020, and the fps are high with ultra settings (1080p).

In additon to the missing multiple screen support, u can't do IFR minimums training, and there are still no turbulence. It's like flying on rails.
The flightmodel in Prepar3d gives me the feeling of flying the real aircraft. It is very accurate.

When these items are implemented on msfs2020 then it is ready.

Btw: I've seen other companies now delivers tech. solutions for streaming the entire world for simulations. Perhaps p3d will do this in the future too..?
KLM Level D flightsims use Google Earth terrain + 3D objects. What the main program is I do not know.

I am sure that P3D from LM for the professional market can be connected to streaming photo real terrain.

If you use P3Dv5 as main program with Ptosim and you would use WidevieW icw outside view pc’s than you would have about the same….
Regards,

Gerard

Return to “ProSimB738 - General discussion”