Tested world update 3?

Bernie

Re: Tested world update 3?

Post by Bernie »

Hi Ed,
keep in mind though, I just did the update today and nothing went wrong, I did backup the folder but it was not necessary as all was still in it. Just a thought :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Buffort wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 08:14 Ed,

Did you buy FS2020 on the Windows Store ?
Do you mean that the community folder is encrypted ? If yes, and if it's a bug, the only solution I can imagine is to uninstall FS2020 and reinstall it again ... That's mainly why I bought FS2020 on Steam.
Hi Olivier,

I bought from the store. Yes, it is an encryption error for sure. I believe it is a bug as Microsoft asks you to back up your Community Folder before doing the update. If on the same drive as Windows, no problem..but if on a separate drive..encryption locks it up tight. I have come to the same conclusion..to prevent more problems down the road I'll just reinstall.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Bernie wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 12:33 Hi Ed,
keep in mind though, I just did the update today and nothing went wrong, I did backup the folder but it was not necessary as all was still in it. Just a thought :D
Hi Bernie,

Yeah, I kind of believed it would be the exception rather than the rule to experience a problem with the Community Folder during or after an update, but now I need to decide.. wait on a possible solution from Microsoft..or bite the bullet and re install :) It's a big download. I think the updates are scheduled roughly a month apart sooo...it's a gamble waiting. However, with your information at hand that your Community Folder was fine, I guess I will go ahead and test it out for now :)
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

onthefence wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 12:45
Bernie wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 12:33 Hi Ed,
Hi Bernie,

Yeah, I kind of believed it would be the exception rather than the rule to experience a problem with the Community Folder during or after an update, but now I need to decide.. wait on a possible solution from Microsoft..or bite the bullet and re install :) It's a big download. I think the updates are scheduled roughly a month apart sooo...it's a gamble waiting. However, with your information at hand that your Community Folder was fine, I guess I will go ahead and test it out for now :)
Hi Ed,

I have been looking at your weather lately as I can't believe you can cope with those -20 odd degrees and -45 chill factor. If you have issues after your update, you could set the download going for a reinstall and jump into bed until it is finished. :lol: :lol:
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Buffort

Post by Buffort »

Depending on your connection, Ed, it will took at worst 1 day and a half. It's straightforward, if you don't have exotic addons of course. Considering that Asobo won't fix until the next update, you won't loose much time. As Bernie said : launch the reinstall and jump into the bed with a nice book ^^ !
Olivier
To serve Science, and this is my joy !
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Just tried the updated MSFS : like before when about 40-50 min in the flight a CTD caused by Simconnect/MSFS.

As I have P3Dv5 I can wait.
Regards,

Gerard
Wim Nengerman

Post by Wim Nengerman »

I have installed MSFS on drive E: \ Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVXb-0OUxWo
And I have created a folder MSFS2020-addons on the E drive and use the program MSFS_Addonlinker for the addons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ewxWhg-mk
In this way I can easily empty the community folder.

Return to “FS2020”