MSFS2020 to be released on August 18th 2020

Lapi

Re: MSFS2020 to be released on August 18th 2020

Post by Lapi »

Hakkie wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 11:09 At some (aspecially lower) speeds the aircraft acts like a bull in an arena when changing pitch, even when gently inputting controls. :roll: While it was still possible, I lowered the sensitivity as much as possible, but still this happens (using Saitek yoke).
This is a very well known bug of 2020 and every user experiences it. Asobo say it on their desk, so sooner or later it will be fixed.
What makes me wonder is that so many of them claim to be at least PPL holder pilots and I just start doubting that claim if they weren't able to recognize that even the simplest prop plane is almost uncontrollable due to the sensitive controls.
There's a workaround in FSUIPC though (by increasing the range of the variable) and it works fairly well.
Oh well, I'm sure Lapi in the end will manage to provide a proper B738 model to all of us.
At present the flight model of FS2020 is unfinished.
The most important tables do not work in "modern" mode and Asobo say they do in the work "legacy" mode, the problem is that they don't work there either.
"Modern" in this regard means they take out of our hands the most important tables that determine an airliner.
They have promised to change this, so the future could be very bright because the new dynamic engine is quite good and innovative, but as I said above" MSFS is an unfinished product, so it will definitely take time to come to a solid level.
The same happened to FSX when only "Acceleration" provided the necessary dynamic changes.

I have both the 738 and the A320 flying here - as well as the engine allows it at present. It is a different question though if the suite itself will provide the needed support in the near future.

regards
Lapi
fly_ebos

Post by fly_ebos »

Its shocking to me how they rushed this out with such essential bugs or missing features. It looks good and that’s about it so far.

Oh and PMDG pushed their 737 release back to 3Q21, a full year from now. Hope ProSim won’t need that long [emoji13]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro
B738M full cockpit, real liners, real FWD+ AFT overhead, FDS MIP, OEM Boeing TQ + CPflight pedestal
P3dv5.1 and Prosim on Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390, Intel Core i7 9700, 32GB DDR3-2400, Gigabyte RTX3090 Turbo
Hakkie

Post by Hakkie »

Lapi wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 01:33There's a workaround in FSUIPC though (by increasing the range of the variable) and it works fairly well.
Thanks for the tip Lapi. Will try it out.
At present the flight model of FS2020 is unfinished.
The most important tables do not work in "modern" mode and Asobo say they do in the work "legacy" mode, the problem is that they don't work there either.
"Modern" in this regard means they take out of our hands the most important tables that determine an airliner.
They have promised to change this, so the future could be very bright because the new dynamic engine is quite good and innovative, but as I said above" MSFS is an unfinished product, so it will definitely take time to come to a solid level.
The same happened to FSX when only "Acceleration" provided the necessary dynamic changes.
It's hopefull to see you writing "the future could be very bright". :D I really hope so!
I have both the 738 and the A320 flying here - as well as the engine allows it at present. It is a different question though if the suite itself will provide the needed support in the near future.
I sincerely hope ProSimB738 v3 will soon deliver what we have been told. We're getting there step by step. I guess only when it is 'mature' enough, one of the next steps will be MSFS2020. Meanwhile we can still fly PSB738 in P3D.
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)
Click HERE for my flightsimulator info
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Hakkie wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 12:32 I sincerely hope ProSimB738 v3 will soon deliver what we have been told. We're getting there step by step. I guess only when it is 'mature' enough, one of the next steps will be MSFS2020. Meanwhile we can still fly PSB738 in P3D.
I personally wouldn't just yet give up P3D for the sake of much better graphics alone.

If ProSim will work with FS2020 is in Humberto's capable hands, because at present (in Simconnect mode) almost everything works, apart from the autothrottle, but I guess it would be a very easy thing to deal with.

regards
Lapi
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Lapi,

I have been playing around with MSFS2020 since it came out and have now got one of the earlier 737's installed but I have always had an issue getting any simconnect working with MSFS2020. I also have Spadnext and the later version that should be seeing MSFS2020 according to what I have read on their forum but not me. Could you please give me a clue to how I should be setting up the simconnect from a client computer to the Flight Sim computer. all my other simconnects work for P3D with various applications but I have never had the connection successfully to MSFS2020. What am I missing? :lol: I can get a msfs connection but my hardware does not talk to the simulator. MSFS2020. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Bernie wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 13:37 I have been playing around with MSFS2020 since it came out and have now got one of the earlier 737's installed but I have always had an issue getting any simconnect working with MSFS2020. I also have Spadnext and the later version that should be seeing MSFS2020 according to what I have read on their forum but not me. Could you please give me a clue to how I should be setting up the simconnect from a client computer to the Flight Sim computer. all my other simconnects work for P3D with various applications but I have never had the connection successfully to MSFS2020. What am I missing? :lol: I can get a msfs connection but my hardware does not talk to the simulator. MSFS2020.
Hi Bernie,

For Simconnect to work properly you either need the latest v2.x beta version or preferably the latest v3.x beta.

regards
Lapi
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Thanks for the info Lapi.

Bernie please keep us posted.
Myself I have several Opencockpits parts like the OVH and also CpFlight parts ( pedestal + mip ).
TQ is from Cockpitsonic...

It would be great to fly in MSFS. And as PS works outside MSFS I guess that we will have better FPS than the default 787/320/747 with their onscreen GC..
Regards,

Gerard
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Lapi wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 15:27
Bernie wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 13:37 I have been playing around with MSFS2020 since it came out and have now got one of the earlier 737's installed but I have always had an issue getting any simconnect working with MSFS2020. I also have Spadnext and the later version that should be seeing MSFS2020 according to what I have read on their forum but not me. Could you please give me a clue to how I should be setting up the simconnect from a client computer to the Flight Sim computer. all my other simconnects work for P3D with various applications but I have never had the connection successfully to MSFS2020. What am I missing? :lol: I can get a msfs connection but my hardware does not talk to the simulator. MSFS2020.
Hi Bernie,

For Simconnect to work properly you either need the latest v2.x beta version or preferably the latest v3.x beta.

regards
Lapi
Hi Lapi,

Thank you for your response, well, I have been using the latest versions so I must be doing something wrong or have a network issue. I have no problem getting the FSUIPC to report as being connected but the simconnect does not show this. I did try the demo version on the same computer and got the connection but nothing worked. What aircraft are you using and how did you convert it for MSFS 2020, or are you using the one you are working on. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Bernie wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 21:34 What aircraft are you using and how did you convert it for MSFS 2020, or are you using the one you are working on.
Hi Bernie,

Obviously I'm using my new plane for FS2020, the one I've been working on.
Unfortunately I have zero experience with FS2020 in a network environment, so I can hardly be of any help regarding that.
So far I've used 2020 on my main PC and that's all...

regards
Lapi
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Lapi,

Well I guess I shall have to be patient and wait for the new Aircraft to become available. Perhaps this is why I am not having the same experience. :lol: Again, Thank you Lapi. :D

Edit: The main problem I am having is that my Pokeys inputs cease to work when connected when I am running both Prosim (Demo Mode) and MSFS on the same computer. The client setup is probably some other issue but when both on the same computer I get the Kittyhawk etc. connection but the hardware stops functioning. All the Pokeys cards do not register when moving switches, buttons and encoders etc.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “FS2020”