Fs2020 1.06b3 Climb performance [Solved]

Lapi

Re: Fs2020 1.06b3 Climb performance

Post by Lapi »

eiketre wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:35 It is probably my setup Lapi.
What does your setup has to do with Sudden81's video please?
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Lapi wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:44
What does your setup has to do with Sudden81's video please?
My setup has nothing to do with Sudden81’s video. I will just do a re-install to see if that can solve the issue. Do you have an idea about what i could try Lapi?
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Lapi wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:19 What can we say about stuff like this? It's not easy... specially if someone wishes to remain objective and calm.

"Someone" who laments on YouTube about the ProSim team constantly telling lies, while he wants to climb with an unknown weight to 41.000 feet (by using LVL CHNG) and sets the speed to 256 knots.
"Someone" who posts in this thread here, where the title is "1.06b3" while he is actually using the ProSim738 software and not B38M (Max).
Not easy...
I was only testing the climb performance. I could have done this by hand. And as you can se the climb performance is good.

I am not complain.
"1.06b3" while he is actually using the ProSim738 software and not B38M (Max).
I don't know what that hase to do with the climb performance of the flightmodel. Dose it change depending on prosim system?

Whel at one time I experienced the same behavior in bothe p3d and in MSFS2020(totally different times,month between them). I have my friend as a witness. We could not get over 20000 feet and simbreef was calculated 30 someting. You told me that you hade not changed any thing. But I still hade that problem. Probably have a video of it if you still don't believe me. You did not believe Driver170 when he told you about the pitch in another thread. I tested and his diagram was correct with the flightmodel. He did what I told him and then it worked.

So if he doesn't get the climb performance that he is suppose to get then my solution could maybe help.

By the way I use the same wights as him GW61

I am just trying to help.
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Sudden81 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:57 I am just trying to help.
Please do not try to help.
Almost everything you say, everything you try to demonstrate, be it videos, questions, whatever, demonstrates only that you simply cannot fly these airliners, you don't have the simplest clue how they work, how to takeoff, how to climb, how to descend, etc.
So your help in making the software better is simply NOT needed. Try to live with that.
Will you next time use the A320 to demonstrate how a MAX should behave???

Come on Jacob, I've told you 3464 times in ten years, Hanne told you the same in countless emails.
Just give up your instinctive urge to prove ProSim being wrong or bad, and instead learn and study more about the subject.
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Lapi wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 20:18
Sudden81 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 19:57 I am just trying to help.
Please do not try to help.
Almost everything you say, everything you try to demonstrate, be it videos, questions, whatever, demonstrates only that you simply cannot fly these airliners, you don't have the simplest clue how they work, how to takeoff, how to climb, how to descend, etc.
So your help in making the software better is simply NOT needed. Try to live with that.
Will you next time use the A320 to demonstrate how a MAX should behave???

Come on Jacob, I've told you 3464 times in ten years, Hanne told you the same in countless emails.
Just give up your instinctive urge to prove ProSim being wrong or bad, and instead learn and study more about the subject.
Let's just see how is right!
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Sudden81 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 20:28 Let's just see how is right!
No, unfortunately this company has no time for your games.
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Perhaps you should contact each other in a private chat room and sort things out and make an agreement on how to communicate in the future?
I am new here, so I have not followed the discussions here so much.

Anyway, I have re-installed everything and are about to test. Since there is no support for preview Fs2020 version, would ProSim like us to bring forward items like I have done regarding climb performance?
Lapi

Post by Lapi »

eiketre wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 12:32 Anyway, I have re-installed everything and are about to test. Since there is no support for preview Fs2020 version, would ProSim like us to bring forward items like I have done regarding climb performance?
There's no need for testing as such.
These basic flight-characteristics are anyway tested a lot, they are spot-on, withing the 1% margin, so you can do some tests (mainly following the FWUA tables), but we assure you the values are fine.

If you encounter problems (just as you mentioned earlier in this thread) it can be due to several various reasons, including your own setup or known FS2020 discrepancies.
But in case you like doing precise tests, just tell me, I can easily tell you how to properly test stuff like climb performance or any other phase.

regards
Lapi
eiketre

Post by eiketre »

Issue solved.

I believed that setting icing to visual only in fs2020 did not affect performance. It does.
The problem I had was due extreme icing in Fs2020.

I did a flight in no icing condition and climbed to optimum FL370. Performance was all good like you said Lapi.
I did a new test in icing condition with developer mode on. I could see icing slider was almost at maximum. I turned it back to 0, and all good again.
At least I got a new clean system after re-installing.

Thanks for your inputs sudden81 and Lapi :-)
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

eiketre wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 16:23 Issue solved.

I believed that setting icing to visual only in fs2020 did not affect performance. It does.
The problem I had was due extreme icing in Fs2020.

I did a flight in no icing condition and climbed to optimum FL370. Performance was all good like you said Lapi.
I did a new test in icing condition with developer mode on. I could see icing slider was almost at maximum. I turned it back to 0, and all good again.
At least I got a new clean system after re-installing.

Thanks for your inputs sudden81 and Lapi :-)
Hello,
From what I can see overly exaggerated icing effects are still a major problem that Asobo has not yet dealt with. It is rumored that there will be a way to turn it on or off in the next sim update. Would be better to fix the exaggerated icing issue but I'll accept a on/off switch for now. At the moment flying through any cloud will bring on extreme icing effects. I now fly in developer mode so that I can access the icing bar. If you watch this bar when passing through cloud you will see it will advance to full icing and you will have to continuously keep moving the bar back to '0' until you have passed through the clouds. Once through the clouds the bar will remain where you set it, until you enter clouds again.

You are correct about visual icing, it does nothing to prevent the effects, strictly visual only.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D5.2HF1/Simconnect/FSUIPC6.12, PSV3.08b49, 7382021_1.56/2.05,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft,ASP3D,ProATC,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7,

Return to “ProSimB38M - Pre-releases”