A few issues with B38M: Engine VIB, WRX, CDU Fail and V-speeds

vanzunator

A few issues with B38M: Engine VIB, WRX, CDU Fail and V-speeds

Post by vanzunator »

Hi Humberto and ProSim dev team,
First of all, thank you for your great work getting B38M to this point, I can only imagine how much of hard work it is to get a complex simulator to this stage...
As you may have noticed for the last 3 weeks I have been evaluating the B38M before I pull the trigger on my cockpit build and as the result I've been posting a few issues as I go through my evaluation. I assume ProSim B38M still has a smaller userbase than 737 NG and may be some the issues and bugs don't get reported as widely. So I wanted to bring this to your attention, I'm not sure if these are known issues or specific to my setup.

Here is my setup:
  • In order, to eliminate any cockpit hardware interference, I have disconnected all hardware and purely use ProSim CDU, Displays etc. on screen only
  • ProSimB38M System 1.14b9, ProSimB38M Visual Model 1.10, ProSim P3D Module 2.05, P3D v4.5, ASP3D
  • single CPT side setup for CDU, PFD, ND
The potential issues, I have noticed are:
  1. WRX button on EFIS initially works but after switching to TERR, clicking on WRX doesn't bring the weather back and the blue WRX annunciation doesn't reappear on ND. I have also tried re-clicking TERR button to disable it first, before clicking WRX
  2. FAIL red light on the left side of CPT CDU is always on. I'm using a single CPT CDU only and I have CDU -> Configuration -> CDU Role = Standalone CDU
  3. ALT DISAGREE yellow message on PFD's altitude tape appears above the transition altitude when BARO is set to STD. update: solved this issue by going to overhead panel -> Displays -> Control Panel switch -> Both ON 1
  4. Automatic takeoff v-speeds, is there any way to get automatic v-speeds on the CDU's TAKEOFF REF page. Is this available in the real airplane? if so, Any plans to simulate CG and take off v-speeds auto generation?
  5. random Engine VIB increases to high 20s, with no warnings or alerts, no faults enabled and no atmospheric conditions to justify it.
It'll be great if you can let us know if these are already known and planned for.

Regards,
PJ
wpslider

Re: A few issues with B38M: Engine VIB, WRX, CDU Fail and V-speeds

Post by wpslider »

vanzunator wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 01:05 Hi Humberto and ProSim dev team,
First of all, thank you for your great work getting B38M to this point, I can only imagine how much of hard work it is to get a complex simulator to this stage...
As you may have noticed for the last 3 weeks I have been evaluating the B38M before I pull the trigger on my cockpit build and as the result I've been posting a few issues as I go through my evaluation. I assume ProSim B38M still has a smaller userbase than 737 NG and may be some the issues and bugs don't get reported as widely. So I wanted to bring this to your attention, I'm not sure if these are known issues or specific to my setup.

Here is my setup:
  • In order, to eliminate any cockpit hardware interference, I have disconnected all hardware and purely use ProSim CDU, Displays etc. on screen only
  • ProSimB38M System 1.14b9, ProSimB38M Visual Model 1.10, ProSim P3D Module 2.05, P3D v4.5, ASP3D
  • single CPT side setup for CDU, PFD, ND
The potential issues, I have noticed are:
  1. WRX button on EFIS initially works but after switching to TERR, clicking on WRX doesn't bring the weather back and the blue WRX annunciation doesn't reappear on ND. I have also tried re-clicking TERR button to disable it first, before clicking WRX
  2. FAIL red light on the left side of CPT CDU is always on. I'm using a single CPT CDU only and I have CDU -> Configuration -> CDU Role = Standalone CDU
  3. ALT DISAGREE yellow message on PFD's altitude tape appears above the transition altitude when BARO is set to STD. update: solved this issue by going to overhead panel -> Displays -> Control Panel switch -> Both ON 1
  4. Automatic takeoff v-speeds, is there any way to get automatic v-speeds on the CDU's TAKEOFF REF page. Is this available in the real airplane? if so, Any plans to simulate CG and take off v-speeds auto generation?
  5. random Engine VIB increases to high 20s, with no warnings or alerts, no faults enabled and no atmospheric conditions to justify it.
It'll be great if you can let us know if these are already known and planned for.

Regards,
PJ
Hi,

2: You need to set it as captain CDU
3: Message is normal if right side has wrong altimeter setting. This would cause an altitude difference between both sides.
4: you need to enable it using the cockpit setup QRH speeds (https://wiki.prosim-ar.com/index.php/Co ... #FMS.2FCDU) or selectinig LSK6R on take off page. Note that PERF INIT should be complete for you to have reference vSpeeds

For the other 2, please use support email

Regards
Humberto Miguel

Return to “ProSimB38M - Technical support - software related”