MSFS : taxi speed, braking and fuel usage ...

Saldo

MSFS : taxi speed, braking and fuel usage ...

Post by Saldo »

Prosim for MSFS is still a preview mode.
This is just what I remarked and perhaps someone knows temporary workarounds.

Taxi speed : when rolling the ac is able to continue rolling on idle. And the taxi speed on idle is too high.

Braking : if I brake while taxiing I need to brake very little, because braking even with half the strength causes the ac to stop, even when the brakes are released at the desired lower speed. Then I need to push the toebrakes down once and the brakes release, like when releasing the parking brake.

Fuel usage : MSFS has owned a medal for most economic fuel usage. A flight from Amsterdam to Faro normally would have 12,8 tons (kg) of fuel on board and you would land with 4-4.5 tons.
Did this flight yesterday and used not even 4 tons of fuel.
I now set the fuel lower when descents starts.

All ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Regards,

Gerard
Tim

Re: MSFS : taxi speed, braking and fuel usage ...

Post by Tim »

Hi,

I don't know about Prosim but in the real plane you have to be very gentle with the brakes. What you describe seems to be a normal behaviour to me.

Cheers

Tim
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Tim wrote: 09 May 2021, 07:45 Hi,

I don't know about Prosim but in the real plane you have to be very gentle with the brakes. What you describe seems to be a normal behaviour to me.

Cheers

Tim
Hi Tim,

In the real plane when pushing the brakes half way down, for even a second, the brakes don’t stay on till the plane stops and you then have to push the brakes all the way down very quickly and release them to release the brakes.

It is like the parking brake comes on ....

This doesn’t happen in P3D.
Regards,

Gerard
Tim

Post by Tim »

Sorry I misunderstood your issue.

Then indeed looks like some configuration issues.

Cheers

Tim
onthefence

Post by onthefence »

Saldo wrote: 08 May 2021, 08:24 Prosim for MSFS is still a preview mode.

Taxi speed : when rolling the ac is able to continue rolling on idle. And the taxi speed on idle is too high.

Braking : if I brake while taxiing I need to brake very little, because braking even with half the strength causes the ac to stop, even when the brakes are released at the desired lower speed. Then I need to push the toebrakes down once and the brakes release, like when releasing the parking brake.

Fuel usage : MSFS has owned a medal for most economic fuel usage. A flight from Amsterdam to Faro normally would have 12,8 tons (kg) of fuel on board and you would land with 4-4.5 tons.

Hello Gerard,

I had this braking issue that you speak of as well but for me a recalibration of the toe brakes fixed it. My plane will still roll ahead on idle though and also will pick up speed on taxi. Touching the toe brakes now will slow me down 2 or 3 knots at a time..and a harder press will bring me to a faster stop.. I went into P3D to calibrate the toe brakes as in that platform you can set it to show when the brakes are on or off on screen, so this lets you know when your calibrations are effective.

With the fuel, something has changed. It used to be that I had to always add an extra 400 to 600 kg's for an hours flight..but now I barely use any. I don't know of any work around for this one. I just accept to land a little heavier and faster for now.
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D4.5HF3/FSUIPC/FSUIPC5.1, MSFS/Simconnect/FSUIPC7, PSV3.08b9, 7382020_1.55/01.1 ,WFS, PSU1.8, W10, W7,W10,FDS CDU/MIP, CPFlight MCP/EFIS Pro2/EFIS EL/Pedestal, Sismo Aft OH,AS4,ASCA,ProATC,UT2,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,RAAS Pro,GSXL2,
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

onthefence wrote: 09 May 2021, 12:37
Saldo wrote: 08 May 2021, 08:24 Prosim for MSFS is still a preview mode.

Hello Gerard,

I had this braking issue that you speak of as well but for me a recalibration of the toe brakes fixed it. My plane will still roll ahead on idle though and also will pick up speed on taxi. Touching the toe brakes now will slow me down 2 or 3 knots at a time..and a harder press will bring me to a faster stop.. I went into P3D to calibrate the toe brakes as in that platform you can set it to show when the brakes are on or off on screen, so this lets you know when your calibrations are effective.

With the fuel, something has changed. It used to be that I had to always add an extra 400 to 600 kg's for an hours flight..but now I barely use any. I don't know of any work around for this one. I just accept to land a little heavier and faster for now.
Hi Ed,

Yes, fuel usage is like a Cessna... LOL
Perhaps the fuel usage can be increased in the cfg file.

Amsterdam - Nice is just 3 tons now :lol:
Regards,

Gerard
Nick737

Post by Nick737 »

I haven't tried it yet, but you could probably fly around the equator non-stop on full tanks the fuel burn is so low :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick
dvincent

Post by dvincent »

Nothing to complain about :lol:
Regards,
Dirk

Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Nick737 wrote: 09 May 2021, 16:04 I haven't tried it yet, but you could probably fly around the equator non-stop on full tanks the fuel burn is so low :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick
PerProsimuum Mobile ....
Regards,

Gerard

Return to “ProSimB738 - Technical support - software related”