Dont know if is a known problem but here you can see the video of what happen
I use fsuipc

https://youtu.be/j_8ny2V-Sqk

Miguel
DaddyBoon

Re: Impossible to turn on engines in fs2020. See video

Post by DaddyBoon »

Hello,

As explained in some posts... at this moment, you need to wait for Oil Pressure reaching 11 then move you cutoff to idle. If engine don't start move your cutoff back then immediately move it to idle. And so on.

Hum, hum :oops: Sorry, you're perfectly right! I'll stay on ground for 2 months...
Screenshot 2022-01-08 014655.png
Regards,

Didier
W11 21H2 22000.438 - MSFS - ProSim B738 v3.15b4 Flight Model 1.06 SimConnect (FSUIPC 7.2.14 Disabled) - Agronn Yoke B & Rudder - CPflight CDUPRO 1.2 - Sismo MCP A V4.6 EFIS A V4, PED A V3.1, OVH AFT/FWD A V4 - Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
vanzunator

Post by vanzunator »

I exactly have the same issue (N1 stuck at 2.9 after introducing fuel) in MSFS with ProSim B38M. I thought this problem was specific to B38M in MSFS, but as you demonstrated in your video it affects B737 exactly the same way.
I am new to ProSim, do they ever acknowledge or provide support in the forums (beyond the one liners that most of the time creates more confusion than answering the question posted)?
DaddyBoon

Post by DaddyBoon »

Hello,

You're probably using MSFS (like me and some others that have problem starting their engines) and you probably read somewhere on this forum that ProSim Visual Model for MSFS 2020 is (still) in beta phase and used at our "own risks" with a limited big boy warranty... But I'm sure our posts are read attentively and appreciated ;-)

A good place to log issues could be: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23850 and perhaps there will be some nice acknowledge for the time we dedicate to report and help this product to become better than ever...

Kind regards,

Didier
W11 21H2 22000.438 - MSFS - ProSim B738 v3.15b4 Flight Model 1.06 SimConnect (FSUIPC 7.2.14 Disabled) - Agronn Yoke B & Rudder - CPflight CDUPRO 1.2 - Sismo MCP A V4.6 EFIS A V4, PED A V3.1, OVH AFT/FWD A V4 - Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Today, latest beta25 V3.14 I have always been able to start both engines but today, I was unable to get any response when attempting a start of engine 2. When selecting ground for engine 2, I get no start. The display in lower EICAS responds with relevant readings but N2 does not increase at all. I have always been able to start both engines in the past and am fully aware of the little tricks to have a successful start but today nothing. Engine 1 starts perfectly. :D

Edit; I tried again from scratch and this time, the engine 2 started but when the lever was placed in idle, the N1 did not rise. I had waited for the Oil Pressure to reach 11 as has been found to work. I thought I would then try different things and the first thing I did, just to see what would happen was to put the starter switch to off and the N1 started to rise, I then put it straight back into the GRD position and all proceeded as usual and the engine start completed for engine 2. I know my assignments are correct as the engine start for P3D always works as it should. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
europa345

Post by europa345 »

Sometimes i can, sometimes not. Really dont understand what is the difference between each situation
I think that i saw in the changelog a change in the start up of engines in fs20

Miguel
careidas

Post by careidas »

Hello,

Exactly same issue for the engines startup.
When you cut the fuel cut off lever on your throttle and launch again several time, you can finally launch the engine.
Of course it is absolutely not normal.

I just moved to FS2020.
On P3Dv4.5 it worked perfectly with Prosim.

I am sure it is linked to FS2020 version.

Waiting for an official answer from Prosim.

Thierry (France)
Prosim 737 last official version updated - FS2020 updated.
Simulator B 737-800 NG Transavia FR
FDS double seats bundel
CP Flight MCP + 2 EFIS
Pedestal + OVH Sismo
Throttle CFY V3 Gold
Gauges Flight Illusion

Return to “ProSimB738 - Technical support - software related”