GLIDESCOPE

simon737

GLIDESCOPE

Post by simon737 »

Hi
as we all know glidescope starts at final fix point and the FMA shows gs armed in white untill captured at the fix, ive noticed mine captures when the dot on the PFD is 1-2 dots above middle scale. glidescope green comes alive too early, this isnt right and maybe just ny setup , can anyone clarify if theres is different. should go GS green when just near centre of scale
regards simon
willow

Re: GLIDESCOPE

Post by willow »

Hi Simon

On my setup the glideslope for ILS is captured when the diamond is at or beyond the middle mark. It never captures the glideslope when the diamond is above the middle mark.

Regards, WilloW ✈️
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
simon737

Post by simon737 »

Hi Willow
mine has always captured one dot above middle, when it goes green and says GS in bold green the dot is above the middle and at least a dot
regards simon
willow

Post by willow »

Hello Simon

Ah I see what you mean now. I thought you were saying the aircraft ascended to capture the triangle :oops:

Rather than confuse with words, here is a 3 min video showing the capture of an ILS approach.

https://youtu.be/ZnZVCLTtu_Y

I initially captured the localiser and then selected APP on the MCP and waited for the magenta triangle to move down into position on the PFD. Initially the G/S FMA is in white indicating that the glideslope is armed. When engaged the FMA changes to green and the magenta triangles change from empty to solid colour.

This approach was done using the radios only (an approach from the FMC was not selected).

WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
simon737

Post by simon737 »

Hi Willow
that videos is exactly what my setup is doing, this isnt right, GS capture goes full green when the solid magenta diamond is just on the middle mark not the one dot above.
regards simon
willow

Post by willow »

simon737 wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 23:16 Hi Willow
that videos is exactly what my setup is doing, this isnt right, GS capture goes full green when the solid magenta diamond is just on the middle mark not the one dot above.
regards simon
Hi Simon

I agree with you, but to be sure I would want to double check the books. Have you confirmed this form the official manuals ?

I have never noticed this before, WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

willow wrote: 07 Dec 2021, 02:29 Hello Simon

Ah I see what you mean now. I thought you were saying the aircraft ascended to capture the triangle :oops:

Rather than confuse with words, here is a 3 min video showing the capture of an ILS approach.

https://youtu.be/ZnZVCLTtu_Y

I initially captured the localiser and then selected APP on the MCP and waited for the magenta triangle to move down into position on the PFD. Initially the G/S FMA is in white indicating that the glideslope is armed. When engaged the FMA changes to green and the magenta triangles change from empty to solid colour.

This approach was done using the radios only (an approach from the FMC was not selected).

WilloW
That is not correct. G/S captures 2/5 below G/S and APP extinguishes on MCP panel

Its far to early
Win10Pro 20H2 x64;.NET 4.8; P3D 4.5.14.34698; Connection: SimConnect; FSUIPC 6.013; Prosim 3.06b4 VFM 1.55, Cpflight MCPPRO-EFIS-SIDE-MIP-PEDESTAL, 2xCDUPRO, FWD-OVHD AFT OVHD, CFY Gold+Motorized TQ; FBC cockpit structure, yoke, rudder & tiller
simon737

Post by simon737 »

Hi Driver
yes thaanks for clarifying this isnt correct. if the aeroplane captures the glide scope when its not actually on the glide (ie: dot is above the centre mark) then in real life the aeroplane would tend to pitch up to be on it so it isnt right the way it works....any staff on here can explain why this is happening and if it can be solved
regards simon
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

simon737 wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 18:49 Hi Driver
yes thaanks for clarifying this isnt correct. if the aeroplane captures the glide scope when its not actually on the glide (ie: dot is above the centre mark) then in real life the aeroplane would tend to pitch up to be on it so it isnt right the way it works....any staff on here can explain why this is happening and if it can be solved
regards simon
Its surely wrong!

Red line is where Prosim captures it. Green line is where it should capture it from Center 2/5
Attachments
9FA2DE35-A662-4A55-A148-BEF8A29F516D.png
6AAAB2B6-2866-4C1F-91B3-EE8315CB48AB.png
Win10Pro 20H2 x64;.NET 4.8; P3D 4.5.14.34698; Connection: SimConnect; FSUIPC 6.013; Prosim 3.06b4 VFM 1.55, Cpflight MCPPRO-EFIS-SIDE-MIP-PEDESTAL, 2xCDUPRO, FWD-OVHD AFT OVHD, CFY Gold+Motorized TQ; FBC cockpit structure, yoke, rudder & tiller
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

Anyone opened a support ticket…

Return to “ProSimB738 - Technical support - software related”