What alternative to PFPX?

bravolima

Re: What alternative to PFPX?

Post by bravolima »

Currently I use SimBrief as planning aid for routes because these routes are validated and thus fit for online flights. I copy the routes into PFPX and can thus continue to use TOPCAT for the performance calculation. Via PSUTIL I get the data via DLINK into the FMC. I have to enter the initiation of the flight manually and since the last update of PSUTIL I don't get a flightplan via DLINK anymore. Now I send the the flightplan into PS companyroute folder and get it from there into the FMS. Not perfect, but it is still a fast and practical way.

Bernhard
P3D v4.5 FDS: MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP, EFIS; OPENCOCKPIT: Pedals; FI: Brake-pressure, jaw-damper, compass; FCS: linked Yokes (mod); Weber-Seats, PROSIM: B737, +Utils +EFC737; AIVLASOFT: EFB 2,
maurizio.c

Post by maurizio.c »

bravolima wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 00:13 Currently I use SimBrief as planning aid for routes because these routes are validated and thus fit for online flights. I copy the routes into PFPX and can thus continue to use TOPCAT for the performance calculation. Via PSUTIL I get the data via DLINK into the FMC. I have to enter the initiation of the flight manually and since the last update of PSUTIL I don't get a flightplan via DLINK anymore. Now I send the the flightplan into PS companyroute folder and get it from there into the FMS. Not perfect, but it is still a fast and practical way.

Bernhard
Sorry , but I don't get the point here :
- PFPX , even if discontinued by the creator, is still perfectly usable to create and export flightplans into PS Cdu via ProsimUtils. So I don't see any advantage in your complex procedure.
Why plan a route in Simbrief , the copy it into PFPX ? PFPX does the work, as always, by itself. Just grab the FP via dlink into CDU is as fast as simple.....
;)
I agree that in the future we probably will have to re-think an alternative, but not sure now.
maurizio
[url] http://www.sim737ng.it [/url]

I7 9700K - Asus strix - 32GB GSkill - Nvidia Rtx1080TI 11 GB- 3xBenq 1080ST - Win10 - P3D 5.3HF1 - Prosim 3.13 - AS -Envtex -Envshade- Orbx basepack + OpenLC Europe- Always on Vatsim
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi,

I am just curious as to why no-one here has mentioned the Prosim IOS where a flight can be created and then uploaded directly into the Prosim CDU. I also have PFPX and Topcat but feel that the IOS is so much easier. As I said, just curious. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
masmaz

Post by masmaz »

Bernie wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:11 Hi,
I am just curious as to why no-one here has mentioned the Prosim IOS where a flight can be created and then uploaded directly into the Prosim CDU. I also have PFPX and Topcat but feel that the IOS is so much easier. As I said, just curious. :D
Hi Bernie,

yes I also use IOS but for other things ... but one question: manages the weights, fuel and passengers ??

Because if it doesn't manage them then we are full stop ...
why then make an improvement / integration to IOS if it does not manage the weights etc etc?
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Masmaz,

It does handle the passenger and fuel weights, are you saying that you are not able to.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont »

G'Day Bernie,

It's certainly easier, when it works, but it doesn't interact with Prosimutils which simulates ACARS so you can print off your W&B, Wx, FPL etc. on that nice shiny Brightek printer that you spent a fortune on and more than a few hours in getting it to work

Come on, who needs easy when you're building a B738 Prosim based simulator :lol: .
Ron B

masmaz

Post by masmaz »

Bernie wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:41 Hi Masmaz,

It does handle the passenger and fuel weights, are you saying that you are not able to.
no I never did it because I concentrated too much with pfpx ... I immediately try to make a flight plan ...

regards
max
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Bazbeaumont wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:58

G'Day Bernie,

It's certainly easier, when it works, but it doesn't interact with Prosimutils which simulates ACARS so you can print off your W&B, Wx, FPL etc. on that nice shiny Brightek printer that you spent a fortune on and more than a few hours in getting it to work

Come on, who needs easy when you're building a B738 Prosim based simulator :lol: .
Hi Ron,

Yes what was I thinking, you are right, we are here to give ourselves headaches trying to make things work. I am still modifying my sim so that I can choose between MSFS 2020, P3D an X plane using the Zibo mod. All done now but was lots of headaches. Anyway, sorry to get off topic. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
bravolima

Post by bravolima »

@maurizio

My "dispatch department" was originally organized like this:
The flight route was created via PFPX, the Performance calculation via TOPCAT.
The performance data and the route were sent via PSUTIL (DATA-LINK) to the FMC with the possibility of printing
on my pedestal-printer. The route is additionally distributed via PFPX to Aivlasoft EFB 2.0, vPilot and ProSim. I would like to keep this way.
Since PFPX, unlike SimBrief, no longer provides validated routes, I copy the routes from SimBrief into PFPX and thus
have route and performance data in the FMC. Paperless cockpit is my goal....

Bernhard
P3D v4.5 FDS: MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP, EFIS; OPENCOCKPIT: Pedals; FI: Brake-pressure, jaw-damper, compass; FCS: linked Yokes (mod); Weber-Seats, PROSIM: B737, +Utils +EFC737; AIVLASOFT: EFB 2,

Return to “ProSimB738 - Technical support - software related”